Why there are so many people using 2 weapons?

#21BitterBearPosted 12/14/2012 7:28:50 AM
So you weren't kidding.
#22Crimsonhead4Posted 12/14/2012 7:30:02 AM
Generally if I run a weapon like the sabre I also carry an eagle for close encounters or groups
#23MurphysGhostPosted 12/14/2012 7:32:00 AM
BitterBear posted...
So you weren't kidding.

I think he's just putting some effort into his humor this morning. :P
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#24XgArrancarPosted 12/14/2012 7:39:35 AM
Nafzger posted...
People who take two weapons are just bad, and think they need to have different guns for different situations. Mostly people who stay in one spot the whole time.

lol
---
"Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"
#25Hui_TianPosted 12/14/2012 7:43:03 AM
...something about "Might vs Light" and "carrying 2 guns versus a flashlight..." I can't remember... but the dude who said that blew his own brains out.. RIP Tai... RIP...

but yeah, it depends on the class, and screw what some other people say. If the CD isn't important or its barely a miniscal difference for carrying a second weapon, then I'll take a second weapon. Most of the time, I won't need to... but as an Infiltrator, I always take an Alcolyte... ans a Krogan Soldier/Sentinel or Destroyer, I always take two weapons, because whynot.... and with everyone other class, it really depends on how I'm feeling, but I'll agree.. isn't necessary if I have the powers that diverse enough.
#26NafzgerPosted 12/14/2012 7:44:54 AM
Okay, let's play put up or shut up. You bring two weapons. I'll bring one. We'll see what happens.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#27BitterBearPosted 12/14/2012 7:55:56 AM
So, anyway, if you have fun bringing two weapons and you're doing it responsibly with regards to your class and you're contributing to the team, then I don't see the problem. Whether you kill the Phantom by quickscoping your sniper with your leet skilz or switch over to your Acolyte or bust its head with the Claymore, as long as you killed it and moved on to the next enemy then you're all right by me. Heck, two Drell Vanguards with Javelins and Crusaders duoed Gold with little issue, so do whatever you want.

Don't let the needlessly elitist comments get to you. There are loads of times and reasons to take more than one weapon. It's a game. Have fun.
#28sir_fredingtonPosted 12/14/2012 7:58:33 AM
I wouldn't say there's NO reason to bring 2 weapons, but those reasons are indeed few and far between.
#29NafzgerPosted 12/14/2012 8:03:47 AM
BitterBear posted...
So, anyway, if you have fun bringing two weapons and you're doing it responsibly with regards to your class and you're contributing to the team, then I don't see the problem. Whether you kill the Phantom by quickscoping your sniper with your leet skilz or switch over to your Acolyte or bust its head with the Claymore, as long as you killed it and moved on to the next enemy then you're all right by me. Heck, two Drell Vanguards with Javelins and Crusaders duoed Gold with little issue, so do whatever you want.

Don't let the needlessly elitist comments get to you. There are loads of times and reasons to take more than one weapon. It's a game. Have fun.

Heh.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#30meltor13Posted 12/14/2012 8:05:27 AM
I rock two weapons on most of my classes. For most classes, they provide no downside. If you don't lose anything by carrying two weapons, what's the knock on it?

Plus I like to have one weapon for longer encounters and one weapon for shorter encounters. Being able to provide support and damage from all ranges should be important to everyone. So while Mr. Claymore is sitting in the hack circle waiting for all the enemies to come near, I can start dropping them way before he can even fire. Then when/if we do get rushed, I switch to my shotty and we're on equal footing.

Even my power-heavy classes generally carry two weapons. Usually either an AR (Vindicator X is quite light) and a shotty, or AR/SMG, SMG/Pistol, Shotty/Pistol, etc.
---
MarioKart 64 Main: Bowser
GT: MELTOR13