Why there are so many people using 2 weapons?

#31NafzgerPosted 12/14/2012 7:07:38 AM
meltor13 posted...
I rock two weapons on most of my classes. For most classes, they provide no downside. If you don't lose anything by carrying two weapons, what's the knock on it?

Plus I like to have one weapon for longer encounters and one weapon for shorter encounters. Being able to provide support and damage from all ranges should be important to everyone. So while Mr. Claymore is sitting in the hack circle waiting for all the enemies to come near, I can start dropping them way before he can even fire. Then when/if we do get rushed, I switch to my shotty and we're on equal footing.

Even my power-heavy classes generally carry two weapons. Usually either an AR (Vindicator X is quite light) and a shotty, or AR/SMG, SMG/Pistol, Shotty/Pistol, etc.

Claymore has pretty good range. Take your ego down a peg. You aren't more helpful just because you decided to carry a worthless sidearm with your shotgun.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#32meltor13Posted 12/14/2012 7:12:10 AM
Nafzger posted...
meltor13 posted...
I rock two weapons on most of my classes. For most classes, they provide no downside. If you don't lose anything by carrying two weapons, what's the knock on it?

Plus I like to have one weapon for longer encounters and one weapon for shorter encounters. Being able to provide support and damage from all ranges should be important to everyone. So while Mr. Claymore is sitting in the hack circle waiting for all the enemies to come near, I can start dropping them way before he can even fire. Then when/if we do get rushed, I switch to my shotty and we're on equal footing.

Even my power-heavy classes generally carry two weapons. Usually either an AR (Vindicator X is quite light) and a shotty, or AR/SMG, SMG/Pistol, Shotty/Pistol, etc.

Claymore has pretty good range. Take your ego down a peg. You aren't more helpful just because you decided to carry a worthless sidearm with your shotgun.

Trolltacular!
---
MarioKart 64 Main: Bowser
GT: MELTOR13
#33YamatoBeatsPosted 12/14/2012 7:14:41 AM
I bring two weapons on some of my caster classes. Whether or not I use them is a matter of circumstance. I usually always have the Acolyte, as I'm one of the unlucky few not to have the Hurricane. On my Huntress I rock Acolyte/Wraith, on my Asari Adept I rock Acolyte/Paladin. The only time I find myself using the second weapon on is either of the bosses; Prime, Atlas, Banshee and Praetorian. Basically anything with armor because the Acolyte is balls against it.
#34NafzgerPosted 12/14/2012 7:16:58 AM
meltor13 posted...
Trolltacular!

Offer still stands. Put up or shut up.
---
#35meltor13Posted 12/14/2012 7:19:52 AM
Nafzger posted...
meltor13 posted...
Trolltacular!

Are you coming on to me?
---
#36CharmilePosted 12/14/2012 7:22:47 AM
meltor13 posted...
Nafzger posted...
meltor13 posted...
Trolltacular!

Are you coming on to me?

He gets lonely sometimes
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?
#37NafzgerPosted 12/14/2012 7:23:02 AM
meltor13 posted...
Nafzger posted...
meltor13 posted...
Trolltacular!

Are you coming on to me?

Yeah, change the subject because you're afraid I'll prove you wrong. Just like that other guy did.
---
#38meltor13Posted 12/14/2012 7:31:50 AM
Nafzger posted...
meltor13 posted...
Nafzger posted...
meltor13 posted...
Trolltacular!

Are you coming on to me?

Yeah, change the subject because you're afraid I'll prove you wrong. Just like that other guy did.

There's nothing to "prove wrong". Bringing two weapons provides no downside, provided you select the right weapons/mods. The addition of one of the lighter SMGS or Pistols is negligible when using the ultralight mod. It carries no penalty, only a bonus.
---
#39TheLast0neAlivePosted 12/14/2012 7:35:40 AM
meltor13 posted...

And in the time it takes you to switch your weapons around I've headshot two enemies at any range with my Claymore.
---
Honestly, I think I'd rather stick my dick in a blender. - Raylan Givens.
#40NafzgerPosted 12/14/2012 7:36:18 AM
meltor13 posted...
There's nothing to "prove wrong". Bringing two weapons provides no downside, provided you select the right weapons/mods. The addition of one of the lighter SMGS or Pistols is negligible when using the ultralight mod. It carries no penalty, only a bonus.

All well and good.

So how about the guy who actually said "if you aren't using two guns on an infiltrator or soldier, you're doing it wrong". That's who really needs to prove me wrong.
---