Why there are so many people using 2 weapons?

#41BitterBearPosted 12/14/2012 7:37:33 AM
Nafzger posted...
meltor13 posted...
Nafzger posted...
meltor13 posted...
Trolltacular!

Offer still stands. Put up or shut up.

Are you coming on to me?

Yeah, change the subject because you're afraid I'll prove you wrong. Just like that other guy did.

I wasn't changing the subject. Sure, yeah, you're better than me, bro. That's cool. I'm just saying that you can play the game a lot of different ways and enjoy great success. You don't have to minmax ME3 MP as long as you're reasonably competent.

Besides, it's co-op. Even if other players do better than me, I still win! Have a good one, guy. I completely disagree with you. Not that you can't do awesome with one weapon only, but that carrying two makes you a poor player.
#42meltor13Posted 12/14/2012 7:41:50 AM(edited)
TheLast0neAlive posted...
meltor13 posted...
I rock two weapons on most of my classes. For most classes, they provide no downside. If you don't lose anything by carrying two weapons, what's the knock on it?

Plus I like to have one weapon for longer encounters and one weapon for shorter encounters. Being able to provide support and damage from all ranges should be important to everyone. So while Mr. Claymore is sitting in the hack circle waiting for all the enemies to come near, I can start dropping them way before he can even fire. Then when/if we do get rushed, I switch to my shotty and we're on equal footing.

Even my power-heavy classes generally carry two weapons. Usually either an AR (Vindicator X is quite light) and a shotty, or AR/SMG, SMG/Pistol, Shotty/Pistol, etc.

And in the time it takes you to switch your weapons around I've headshot two enemies at any range with my Claymore.

...I dont use the reload glitch, that's for lamezorz. Also, you have to be using specific classes/mods to use the Claymore effectively at long ranges. I don't like to limit myself.

EDIT: I call it a reload glitch, even though it's there by design, yes, I know. My personal gaming honor code prevents me from using it because it circumvents the downsides that the weapon is supposed to possess. I hold no ill-will towards those who use the 'reload cancel' feature of the Claymore (or other weapons).
---
MarioKart 64 Main: Bowser
GT: MELTOR13
#43TheLast0neAlivePosted 12/14/2012 7:43:42 AM
meltor13 posted...
meltor13 posted...
I rock two weapons on most of my classes. For most classes, they provide no downside. If you don't lose anything by carrying two weapons, what's the knock on it?

Plus I like to have one weapon for longer encounters and one weapon for shorter encounters. Being able to provide support and damage from all ranges should be important to everyone. So while Mr. Claymore is sitting in the hack circle waiting for all the enemies to come near, I can start dropping them way before he can even fire. Then when/if we do get rushed, I switch to my shotty and we're on equal footing.

Even my power-heavy classes generally carry two weapons. Usually either an AR (Vindicator X is quite light) and a shotty, or AR/SMG, SMG/Pistol, Shotty/Pistol, etc.

And in the time it takes you to switch your weapons around I've headshot two enemies at any range with my Claymore.

...I dont use the reload glitch, that's for lamezorz. Also, you have to be using specific classes/mods to use the Claymore effectively at long ranges. I don't like to limit myself.

Not a whole lot of reason to use anything other then the HVB/Choke on the Claymore. With the Choke you can hit enemies outside of the targeting boxes range.
---
Honestly, I think I'd rather stick my dick in a blender. - Raylan Givens.
#44meltor13Posted 12/14/2012 7:49:46 AM(edited)
meltor13 posted...
meltor13 posted...

Not a whole lot of reason to use anything other then the HVB/Choke on the Claymore. With the Choke you can hit enemies outside of the targeting boxes range.

I don't have any HVB mods for shotties unlocked :(

I use Shredder Mod and High Caliber Barrel for the armor-piercing and damage boost, respectively. EDIT: I guess you could throw on the Smart Choke instead of the HCB but I'd rather have more damage than the boosted accuracy to be honest. I don't need to snipe people with a shotgun from across the map....that's what my secondaries/powers are for.
---
#45NafzgerPosted 12/14/2012 7:48:44 AM
You also don't need to reload glitch to take off two heads with a Claymore.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#46meltor13Posted 12/14/2012 7:52:23 AM
Nafzger posted...
You also don't need to reload glitch to take off two heads with a Claymore.

oh for pete's sake. yes, of course, you're right, but again that's a very specific situation requiring specific (and semi-lucky) elements to be in place.

I have killed multiple enemies before with one shot of a Claymore/whatever but its not some regular occurrence. It is fairly rare, for me, at least....I don't run around the map attempting to line up enemies so I can get a two-for-one.
---
#47TheBraveOnePosted 12/14/2012 7:55:13 AM
Challenges
---
XBL Gamertag- Siepher1
PSN- DivineSlasher
#48Mystery_CooperPosted 12/14/2012 7:56:05 AM
ULM. That's why. I can carry an Acolyte or Hurricane without much difference to my cooldown.
---
its literally been a day and you want to quickban something. i thought it was quickban not usainboltban. - ballabrown24 from Smogon
#49meltor13Posted 12/14/2012 7:56:48 AM
Hey while we're on this topic. I have a GPS IX and and Claymore II. For general purpose use, which one would be better.

Don't most mods kind of suck with the GPS? or not work at all?
---
#50MurphysGhostPosted 12/14/2012 8:04:08 AM(edited)
meltor13 posted...
Hey while we're on this topic. I have a GPS IX and and Claymore II. For general purpose use, which one would be better.

Don't most mods kind of suck with the GPS? or not work at all?

I prefer the Claymore but I always reload-cancel and I hate the GPS charging mechanic.

With the GPS the armor piercing mod is worthless (since it ignores armor and can't ever penetrate cover/guardian shield), the choke is pretty close to worthless, and I might remember that the bayonet (melee) attachment doesn't work on it either? So basically damage + spare ammo, unless I'm wrong about that melee attachment.

In your case... I dunno, try 'em both, see what you like. I'd probably use the Claymore, though it sounds like you might prefer the GPS.

---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson