Why there are so many people using 2 weapons?

#71Grayfoxr6Posted 12/14/2012 12:59:12 PM(edited)
Nafzger posted...
Malzel posted...
So taking a Hurricane is better than a Hurricane and Acolyte even though the latter provides no negatives over the former?
ok

Here's a negative: the time it takes for you to switch guns.

meaning the time it takes for you to switch to your secondary you could get face humped by a husk/abomination, a collector (who move fast to begin with) can come in and melee/stagger you, a banshee can jump in and synch kill you, etc. easier and less rage producing to just forgo the 2nd weapon, pop a power or ops pack and beat feet to a secure location.

you may not notice this on silver or bronze, but on gold and platinum those extra seconds do make a difference.
---
XBL and PSN: Feralchicken01
You know why they call it PMS??? because "mad cow disease" was already taken.
#72ZanzuraPosted 12/14/2012 1:03:15 PM
I don't see any reason not to combo the Hurricane or other weapon with a similar damage:weight ratio with an Acolyte on a Biotic user. It helps cover all the bases, and especially helps against Banshees/Praetorians. In the case of the Banshee, she's going to start blocking powers, and I'd rather not be piddling away at her armor with an Acolyte. With Praetorians, one of your random teammates is bound to use a power while they're flying to set off their power-blocking barrier as well. Switching weapons takes a second. I'd rather wait a second switching than pray that my teammates stop being dumb, or the 5+ seconds it takes for those fields to wear off. Which will likely go back up because not everybody knows what they're doing.
---
GameFAQs mods do some funny, funny things.
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3184/lolgm2.jpg
#73Hui_TianPosted 12/14/2012 1:03:25 PM
Nafzger posted...
Malzel posted...
So taking a Hurricane is better than a Hurricane and Acolyte even though the latter provides no negatives over the former?
ok

Here's a negative: the time it takes for you to switch guns.

when you're hiding behind a corner or cover waiting for your shields to kick back in, swapping weapons isn't an issue in terms of time... but i can see your point on other scenarios. if its in your face, then yeah, melee is probably a better option... or turning and running and getting distance. but you don't always have that option depending on where you are on the map or what's about to lay the smack down on you, although switching weapons probably won't always save you in that scenario either.
#74NefhithPosted 12/14/2012 2:39:01 PM
Claymore + Widow

Close and long range. I wouldn't try to kill an abomination with the widow and I wouldn't get close enough to a praetorian just to deal a good amount of damage. Also, I like shotguns and sniper rifles and I don't go like that I feel as if I was betraying a girlfriend or something like that.
#75dragnhuntr666Posted 12/14/2012 3:17:04 PM
If you think you are the uber-badass that doesn't need 2 weapons, then get your butt on Platinum and solo that summitch with just ONE weapon and post video proof of it. When you run out of ammo and get downed multiple times trying to get to an ammo box, then don't cry to the big boys who knows when weapons are good and when powers work.

I ALWAYS run 2 weapons. No matter what class. Never know when the situations change when a certain weapon comes in handy over another one.
---
Error 404: Signature not found.
GT: dragnridr
#76NafzgerPosted 12/14/2012 3:22:47 PM
dragnhuntr666 posted...
If you think you are the uber-badass that doesn't need 2 weapons, then get your butt on Platinum and solo that summitch with just ONE weapon and post video proof of it. When you run out of ammo and get downed multiple times trying to get to an ammo box, then don't cry to the big boys who knows when weapons are good and when powers work.

I ALWAYS run 2 weapons. No matter what class. Never know when the situations change when a certain weapon comes in handy over another one.

You bring your two weapons to platinum. I'll bring one. Let's go.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#77dragnhuntr666Posted 12/14/2012 3:26:44 PM
Nafzger posted...
dragnhuntr666 posted...

You bragged big on not needing 2 weapons, so post video proof of you running Platinum SOLO, or everyone, including myself, will call you a troll and stop feeding you.
---
#78NafzgerPosted 12/14/2012 3:39:31 PM
dragnhuntr666 posted...
Nafzger posted...
dragnhuntr666 posted...

You bragged big on not needing 2 weapons, so post video proof of you running Platinum SOLO, or everyone, including myself, will call you a troll and stop feeding you.

Why do I need to solo platinum with one weapon? How would that prove anything?

I'll make you a deal, you put up a video of you soloing platinum with two weapons, and I'll make one of me doing it with one weapon.

Otherwise, join me in a gold game with your two weapons and I guarandamtee I will outperform you in every measure possible with only one weapon. Put up, or shut up.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#79dragnhuntr666Posted 12/14/2012 3:42:54 PM
Naffy won't put money in his own mouth....Sad....I never said I could Solo Platinum, nor do I have plans to for a while. I'm happy enough playing around on Gold, silver, and bronze until all my challenges are filled.

Might use my HuEngie when I get online later.....LOL
---
#80YamatoBeatsPosted 12/14/2012 3:46:28 PM
dragnhuntr666 posted...
Naffy won't put money in his own mouth....Sad....I never said I could Solo Platinum, nor do I have plans to for a while. I'm happy enough playing around on Gold, silver, and bronze until all my challenges are filled.

Might use my HuEngie when I get online later.....LOL

But you don't play Gold, let alone Silver. =|