Why there are so many people using 2 weapons?

#81NafzgerPosted 12/14/2012 3:46:41 PM
dragnhuntr666 posted...
Naffy won't put money in his own mouth....Sad....I never said I could Solo Platinum, nor do I have plans to for a while. I'm happy enough playing around on Gold, silver, and bronze until all my challenges are filled.

Might use my HuEngie when I get online later.....LOL

That's funny, I don't remember saying I could solo platinum either.

What I do remember saying is that you don't need two guns, and anyone who thinks otherwise is welcome to step up to the plate.

So now the ball is actually in your court. Put your money where your mouth is. Prove how much better two guns are, or admit defeat.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#82SushiSquidPosted 12/14/2012 3:51:55 PM
find no fan tar sea posted...
I don't see the point of having a 200% cool down even for my 'power dependent class'. Like you won't notice much difference between a 2.5 sec versus a 2.9 second recharging speed. I'd rather have a extra backup weapon to fall back on just in-case.

Oh yes, you absolutely will. A 0.4 second difference in recharge time is actually huge in practice. Even stuff like 0.1 is really noticeable with the speed of this game's combat.

That being said, plenty of classes can use multiple weapons without much trouble, especially Infiltrators or classes that don't focus as heavily on powers. Power-focused classes should almost universally stay at -200% cooldown, but Ultralight Materials can make this possible even with two weapons.
#83GodsIndignationPosted 12/14/2012 3:53:04 PM
It doesn't bother me when people use two guns, hell I do on a few characters myself, however I do say 'wth are they thinking?' when I see weapons with pointless mods equipped. For example, GPS or GST with shredder, using only the tempest X or acolyte with ULM, stability on PPR, etc...
---
Why are we born, if only to die so swiftly?
#84DuneManPosted 12/14/2012 4:43:36 PM
The time it takes to switch to smaller backup weapons like an Acolyte or Scorpion is nearly negligible. As was already mentioned, you could always use some sort of CC power to cover yourself while making the transition. The switch is shorter than reload canceling for most weapons, even without covering with power usage.

Having additional stun available on command is something that should never be overlooked if you're playing with randoms. It's all well and good to run things like 1 weapon setups with 0 Fitness when you're doing a coordinated team effort. But I'd rather assume the other players will do dumb things and take proactive measures.

In the case of carrying an SMG on a sniping Infiltrator, I do it because there's always the chance of drawing a stage with close quarters combat areas. Also because of screen shake. If it gets too aggravating trying to snipe I'll switch over to SMG assault mode.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#85Enemy_AC130Posted 12/14/2012 5:33:38 PM
meltor13 posted...
TheLast0neAlive posted...
meltor13 posted...
I rock two weapons on most of my classes. For most classes, they provide no downside. If you don't lose anything by carrying two weapons, what's the knock on it?

Plus I like to have one weapon for longer encounters and one weapon for shorter encounters. Being able to provide support and damage from all ranges should be important to everyone. So while Mr. Claymore is sitting in the hack circle waiting for all the enemies to come near, I can start dropping them way before he can even fire. Then when/if we do get rushed, I switch to my shotty and we're on equal footing.

Even my power-heavy classes generally carry two weapons. Usually either an AR (Vindicator X is quite light) and a shotty, or AR/SMG, SMG/Pistol, Shotty/Pistol, etc.

And in the time it takes you to switch your weapons around I've headshot two enemies at any range with my Claymore.

...I dont use the reload glitch, that's for lamezorz. Also, you have to be using specific classes/mods to use the Claymore effectively at long ranges. I don't like to limit myself.

EDIT: I call it a reload glitch, even though it's there by design, yes, I know. My personal gaming honor code prevents me from using it because it circumvents the downsides that the weapon is supposed to possess. I hold no ill-will towards those who use the 'reload cancel' feature of the Claymore (or other weapons).

I guarantee that you have reload cancelled before.
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i52.tinypic.com/2nv4g3m.jpg
Dictator of the Dam
#86dragnhuntr666Posted 12/14/2012 6:10:19 PM
YamatoBeats posted...
dragnhuntr666 posted...
Naffy won't put money in his own mouth....Sad....I never said I could Solo Platinum, nor do I have plans to for a while. I'm happy enough playing around on Gold, silver, and bronze until all my challenges are filled.

But you don't play Gold, let alone Silver. =|

Yet, I regulared Gold and Silver before Bioware started the N7 Manifest when ME3 first came out. Somehow it never recorded that.
---
Error 404: Signature not found.
GT: dragnridr
#87OEIO999Posted 12/14/2012 6:11:59 PM
Because Acolyte is a beast

Use it while you can, I foresee another gun-wrecking nerf coming soon
#88OEIO999Posted 12/14/2012 6:17:13 PM
BitterBear posted...
Whether you kill the Phantom by quickscoping your sniper with your leet skilz.

You have no idea how easy it is to quick-scope in this game, compared to say the latest addition of CoD. I jumped frantically when I did my first quick-scope, knowing it would be my last
#89MatraTheEternalPosted 12/14/2012 6:19:32 PM
dragnhuntr666 posted...
YamatoBeats posted...
dragnhuntr666 posted...

Yet, I regulared Gold and Silver before Bioware started the N7 Manifest when ME3 first came out. Somehow it never recorded that.

The manifest wasn't retroactive if I recall.
#90dragnhuntr666Posted 12/14/2012 6:51:40 PM
MatraTheEternal posted...
dragnhuntr666 posted...
YamatoBeats posted...
dragnhuntr666 posted...

The manifest wasn't retroactive if I recall.

Exactly, if it was, it would have shown that I soloed Silver and Gold BEFORE the manifest and Platinum was brought in. Since then, I chose to complete the challenges before getting back into Gold and Platinum.

My point still stands, not only bringing 2 weapons helpful but never hurts no matter if your a caster class or a Krotinel. My Krotinel (Krogan Sentinel for those who doesn't like short words) Carries the Crusader and the Saber. Both have Omni-blade attachments and AP mods. Saber for long range, and the Crusader for Brutes, banshees, Atlases, and others. ALWAYS a need for 2 weapons.
---
Error 404: Signature not found.
GT: dragnridr