School shooting and Mass Effect

#121Ryan-06Posted 12/14/2012 10:46:42 PM(edited)
Sorry you're in denial. selfish of you. Get over yourself. Hopefully when you're older you'll see better.
I have no reason to lie here. considering the context of this topic and how you let your selfish needs to take up attention. I'm feelin too old for that as well. You're the one who needs to straighten up, or continue to get modded. Of which you'll probably complain and appeal some more, to the point where you're not allowed to. (which they can do)
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
http://i49.tinypic.com/69gf9z.jpg
#122WatermelonFartsPosted 12/14/2012 10:44:27 PM
Ryan-06 posted...
Sorry you're in denial. selfish of you. Get over yourself. Hopefully when you're older you'll see better.

Second verse same as the first. Ad hominem me more.
---
Absolute Monarch of The Lands of Hazardonia, Dictator of mutcnas
#123some09guy IIPosted 12/14/2012 10:47:14 PM
WatermelonFarts posted...
I'm not trying to be intellectual or have some edgy ulterior motive.

"Your way of being intellectual, trying to stand out, even if you don't realize it, when in actuality you're being kinda stupid in the strangest sort of 'fight da powah!' way."
#124Ryan-06Posted 12/14/2012 10:51:00 PM(edited)
@melon
No more reasoning for you. You're a waste of time, and blind. vent elsewhere as there are more serious matters more important than your (clearly) offensive msg being modded, you getting butthurt, posting a picture, and then posting a topic about it, of which got modded again =)

Stay classy.
---
#125advocacyPosted 12/14/2012 10:48:26 PM
Mob blames Mass Effect for school shooting:

http://kotaku.com/5968683/mob-blames-mass-effect-for-school-shooting-is-embarrassingly-wrong/gallery/1?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow
---
I'm coming at you, bro.
#126WatermelonFartsPosted 12/14/2012 10:48:57 PM
some09guy II posted...
WatermelonFarts posted...
I'm not trying to be intellectual or have some edgy ulterior motive.

"Your way of being intellectual, trying to stand out, even if you don't realize it, when in actuality you're being kinda stupid in the strangest sort of 'fight da powah!' way."

If I felt some need to stand out and be recognized by my peers, I would do it. I'm fully aware of what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. Your "tooedgy" argument belongs back on 4chan.
---
#127WatermelonFartsPosted 12/14/2012 10:49:47 PM
Ryan-06 posted...
@melon
No more reasoning for you. You're a waste of time, and blind. vent elsewhere as there are more serious matters more important than your offensive msg being modded, you getting butthurt, posting a picture, and then posting a topic about it, of which got modded again =)

Stay classy.

You had no reasoning to begin with.
---
#128NafzgerPosted 12/14/2012 10:50:08 PM
some09guy II posted...
Cute, how people try to distance themselves from the thought of the atrocities, questioning why people care. Yes, atrocities happen every day. No, we don't care about them unless we know about them. But that's the thing: we don't know about them.

This isn't some societal thing. People have it hardwired into themselves to protect their young, and to feel emotion when they hear of young dying. Even some of the worst, most hardened psychos find messing with a child to be deplorable. It's also the concept of innocence, and the need to protect it.

Those trying to point this out and stir things up are really doing nothing more than showing their age group, late teens and maybe early 20's at best. Your way of being intellectual, trying to stand out, even if you don't realize it, when in actuality you're being kinda stupid in the strangest sort of 'fight da powah!' way.

I'm 26, for the record. And it is a societal thing. That haywiring you were talking about? Societal. Social norms. Human beings are selfish by default. It's only through social conditioning that we learn to empathize with others and lose our selfish ways. When you're a baby, you cry to get what you want. Your parents world revolves around what you want.

As you get older, the crying method works less and less, as it becomes less acceptable for you to be self-centered, and you don't always get what you want. At the same time, it becomes easier for you to identify with the feelings of others because you are no longer solely obsessed with your own feelings and needs. That's all social conditioning.

What we're dealing with in this situation is simply a reaction to a tragic event. Kids die every day. Kids are probably murdered every day, amongst other horrible things. But we ignore all of those because they aren't newsworthy. This one was.

So the question being asked is why is this story newsworthy, but every other tragic story not newsworthy?

A good example of this dilemma (though being that it doesn't involve children, you can look at it differently) was the Natalie Holloway case. Young girls get abducted, raped, murdered, sold into slavery, etc. all the time. Why was her case the one that was on the news?
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#129Ryan-06Posted 12/14/2012 10:51:43 PM
Anyone smarter than you and can read already knew better. Good bye.
---
#130WatermelonFartsPosted 12/14/2012 10:53:18 PM
Ryan-06 posted...
Anyone smarter than you and can read already knew better. Good bye.

Where did you get your masters in ad hominem? Just curious.
---