School shooting and Mass Effect

#131ajko000Posted 12/14/2012 10:55:51 PM
I love how stupid most people are. I don't doubt this was planned. The media is incredibly inept, and they preach nonsense.

I'm not saying it isn't terrible, but instead of hearing heart warming stories and crying, people should take action. Every time something like this happens people huddle around media and commerce, when you should be doing the exact opposite. You should be comforting the children and victims instead of trying to get your 15 minutes of fame.
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#132Ryan-06Posted 12/14/2012 10:56:24 PM
You're compulsive and need the last word. stop lying to yourself and repeating. Your argument died when your topic did.

advocacy posted...
Mob blames Mass Effect for school shooting:

http://kotaku.com/5968683/mob-blames-mass-effect-for-school-shooting-is-embarrassingly-wrong/gallery/1?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Such bad timing, sigh. Hope the in laws or gullible people in my family don't see all this. Irritating how games get attacked first all the time. And movies, just fly on by.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
http://i49.tinypic.com/69gf9z.jpg
#133some09guy IIPosted 12/14/2012 10:56:30 PM
WatermelonFarts posted...
If I felt some need to stand out and be recognized by my peers,

If you don't, you have no purpose being here. So far all you're doing is trying to shift blame from the fact that you're being stupid.

Nafzger posted...
I'm 26, for the record. And it is a societal thing. That haywiring you were talking about? Societal.

Hence, showing your stupidity. Instincts exist. They make us want food and water, to have children and protect them, even to have conflict. Your lack of understanding this only goes to show just how right I am, and how much growing up you've got left.
#134WatermelonFartsPosted 12/14/2012 10:57:55 PM
Ryan-06 posted...
You're compulsive and need the last word. stop lying to yourself and repeating. Your argument died when your topic did.

advocacy posted...
Mob blames Mass Effect for school shooting:

http://kotaku.com/5968683/mob-blames-mass-effect-for-school-shooting-is-embarrassingly-wrong/gallery/1?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Such bad timing, sigh. Hope the in laws or gullible people in my family don't see all this. Irritating how games get attacked first all the time. And movies, just fly on by.

You said goodbye yet you keep posting. Hypocritical and a master of the ad hominem.

ok
---
Absolute Monarch of The Lands of Hazardonia, Dictator of mutcnas
#135WatermelonFartsPosted 12/14/2012 10:59:28 PM
some09guy II posted...
WatermelonFarts posted...
If I felt some need to stand out and be recognized by my peers,

If you don't, you have no purpose being here. So far all you're doing is trying to shift blame from the fact that you're being stupid.

Nafzger posted...
I'm 26, for the record. And it is a societal thing. That haywiring you were talking about? Societal.

Hence, showing your stupidity. Instincts exist. They make us want food and water, to have children and protect them, even to have conflict. Your lack of understanding this only goes to show just how right I am, and how much growing up you've got left.

What blame is there to shift? All I did was ask a question.
---
Absolute Monarch of The Lands of Hazardonia, Dictator of mutcnas
#136Ryan-06Posted 12/14/2012 11:00:23 PM
You're a pretty smart guy, someguy. lol. saved me some time from typing. Farts coming out of watermelons aren't fun to have around people anyway.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
http://i49.tinypic.com/69gf9z.jpg
#137MalzelPosted 12/14/2012 11:10:32 PM
Nafzger posted...
some09guy II posted...

I think you both make legitimate points. However, if we were to go as far to draw the conclusion that a person's empathetic nature is only that of a societal construct, which to an extent is true (as can be said for many aspects of society, like criminal acts and devious activity being denoted as being appropriately "criminal" and "deviant"), serves little purpose but to instigate needless drama. This entire argument has no basis besides provoking negative reaction from select individuals at which it was originally aimed.
It's almost as bad as someone engaged in philosophical debate concerning the meaning of life, and just saying "we're worthless sacks of meat meant to have sex and die!!", which, depending on your personal assessment of reality, can be true, it's unnecessary and pointless.
Let people expressing grief, whether "legitimate" or "illegitimate", have their emotions. It's not necessary that they be justified.
---
It is only human to commit a sin...
#138Phantom0708Posted 12/14/2012 11:18:16 PM
TL;DR kids die every day

Get off your situational bandwagon and shutup because no one wants to hear about depressing **** mmkay?
---
Xbox live GT is Devilwillcry42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.
#139Ertrick36Posted 12/14/2012 11:54:42 PM
I think the primary attackers of video games are all of the conservative media.

Reason being: Protect gun rights. Whenever a mass murder happens, the liberals will always want to discuss gun control. While I'm not a particular advocate of strict gun control, the conservatives are always against gun control. They don't want the liberals to "take our guns". Thus, the conservatives try to find something else to attack to divert attention away from gun control discussions, because they don't want to have any of it. Therefore, they will attack video games because there have been old (outdated) studies that suggest that video games make people more aggressive and violent. They use this logical fallacy to point toward games as a reason for the violence. They make video game industries look like the bad guys and they succeed in diverting attention away from gun control. Therefore, there are two separate blames, and nothing is actually done about the problem.

So you see, this whole entire shooting incident has become a political battle, where both sides blindly blame things that aren't actually the main causes of the shooting. They can't see that this guy was just broken, and that no amount of bans on either guns or restrictions on video game sales will fix these things up. They also fail to see that there are possible ways to help these people get mentally well before its too late. This task, of course, is very difficult when you're dealing with young men because they don't want to visit a shrink and think they can resolve issues themselves. They will try to hide their issues until it gets to this point. Then it's an endless cycle of nonsense. And that, my friends, is complete bulls***...
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).
#140Mr_PipboyPosted 12/15/2012 12:07:13 AM
Ertrick36 posted...
I think the primary attackers of video games are all of the irresponsible misinformed, rating hungry media.

Fix'd.

Left, Right, the media sucks, don't fall victim into think one side is better than the other just because your politics, whatever they are, might align with a station's agenda
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King of Rio 4-0 (4-1 overall)