School shooting and Mass Effect

#141Omega_Zero_XPPosted 12/15/2012 12:41:50 AM
Im seriously facepalming hard at the link to Mass Effect that sources and others are making. Where in Mass Effect do you ever shoot little kids *remembers refusal ending*

OK besides that.

Dead Space would be a more appropriate thing to bash. That game has you killing tons of kids. Sure they're zombified by aliens and have tentacles, long claws, and exploding sacks on them...

Anyway,

I feel bad that psychos do crap like this. And why is it that once something bad happens, the weirdos get extremely vocal? Man, society really has gone downhill.
---
America is the best country in the world but that's the equivalent of being the prettiest waitress at Denny's. - Lionheart Master
#142GeomagnusPosted 12/15/2012 2:04:52 AM
Well, I've got all the evidence I need. Time to steal one of NASA's rockets and head off to the middle of nowhere, because anywhere is better than this planet. Anyone else coming with me?
#143GodsIndignationPosted 12/15/2012 2:31:02 AM
---
Why are we born, if only to die so swiftly?
#144darkace77450Posted 12/15/2012 3:17:56 AM
Omega_Zero_XP posted...
I feel bad that psychos do crap like this. And why is it that once something bad happens, the weirdos get extremely vocal? Man, society really has gone downhill.

Society has always been a barrel of ****, but it wasn't until the recent advent of the internet and particularly social media that we could so easily underscore that fact.
#145Mellow_RGPosted 12/15/2012 4:52:30 AM
some people just do not have a moral compass

but I dunno..

There have been people who

Killed another person over a video game argument
Killed another person over a virtual item
Embezzled several hundred thousand dollars worth of company funds to his game addiction

How much more push would it take for those kind of people to turn out like Lanza?

I can't say I have much faith in certain people having sanity

//
---
So I heard you like Nyarlathotep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkcvP758390
#146jdw1005Posted 12/15/2012 8:51:20 AM
He was probs a fan of GTA as well, whats the point...
---
Get Sonic and Sega Racing people. It's a great game for all Sega Vets. - Nexuskeyblade add if you play
#147some09guy IIPosted 12/15/2012 1:57:17 PM
Mellow_RG posted...
How much more push would it take for those kind of people to turn out like Lanza?

Probably quite a bit, actually. Most of what you've listed are crimes of passion, with another of greed. Clearly something's not all right with them, but it would be quite a movement of the line to get them to cross into something premeditated, en masse, and of those within that age group.

I mean, let's look at Richard Kuklinski, who killed over a hundred, possibly over 200 people in cold blood. About as psychotic as one gets, completely lacking in any moral compass we might identify with. Refused to kill women and children.
#148VentBoyN7Posted 12/15/2012 3:11:56 PM
Lol, didn't ME already cause controversy on Fox News/Bill O'Reilly years ago? They were ready to burn ME at the stake b/c it was evil and you get to have a romantic relationship in it weren't they?
#149Mellow_RGPosted 12/16/2012 5:55:42 AM
some09guy II posted...
Mellow_RG posted...

Probably quite a bit, actually. Most of what you've listed are crimes of passion, with another of greed. Clearly something's not all right with them, but it would be quite a movement of the line to get them to cross into something premeditated, en masse, and of those within that age group.

I mean, let's look at Richard Kuklinski, who killed over a hundred, possibly over 200 people in cold blood. About as psychotic as one gets, completely lacking in any moral compass we might identify with. Refused to kill women and children.

well I think Lanza is a sociopath and not a psychopath

far more dangerous
---
So I heard you like Nyarlathotep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkcvP758390
#150some09guy IIPosted 12/16/2012 1:04:47 PM
Mellow_RG posted...
some09guy II posted...
Mellow_RG posted...

well I think Lanza is a sociopath and not a psychopath

far more dangerous

I think the distinction between the two is borderline superficial, especially in this case. Lanza lacked any of the charismatic aspects of either. Psychopaths tend to be very flamboyant, and sociopaths tend to be chameleons while Lanza was neither. From what I hear he was autistic, so I suppose there will be some back and forth on where to classify him from there.