School shooting and Mass Effect

#151andy12handyPosted 12/16/2012 1:19:01 PM
What in the name of soylent green has happened here.
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
#152InsaneriderPosted 12/16/2012 1:24:02 PM
Mellow_RG posted...
some09guy II posted...
Mellow_RG posted...
How much more push would it take for those kind of people to turn out like Lanza?

Probably quite a bit, actually. Most of what you've listed are crimes of passion, with another of greed. Clearly something's not all right with them, but it would be quite a movement of the line to get them to cross into something premeditated, en masse, and of those within that age group.

I mean, let's look at Richard Kuklinski, who killed over a hundred, possibly over 200 people in cold blood. About as psychotic as one gets, completely lacking in any moral compass we might identify with. Refused to kill women and children.

well I think Lanza is a sociopath and not a psychopath

far more dangerous

Sociopathy is not something that causes people to kill other people for whatever insane reason, that's psychopathy. A Sociopath is someone whos part of the brain that triggers the emotional response for "empathy" is not functioning. Sociopathy can lead to psychopathy since they don't feel "empathy" and it's easier for them to take human life, but to assume all sociopaths are malicious is false.
Mass murder is the result psychopathy, not sociopathy.
---
The word of the day is "Legs." Spread it around.
GT: TimoInsano
#153kelvingabaldoncPosted 12/17/2012 2:11:15 AM
1. Most of the games I play involve violence (fable series, mass effect series, resident evil series, gears of war series, etc.)
2. I own an STR handgun & 500 rounds of ammo. I also have a license and permit to carry.
3. My accuracy at 10-15 feet is 80-90%
4. I have serious grudges against some of my teachers and classmates (ex. One of my professors, Paul Rodgers, doesn't teach, skips classes, and gives failing grades for no reason).
5. I have yet to shoot a human being, nor have I any intention of doing so.

Fox news should interview me.
---
Kelvin G.
#154UtterMoonPosted 12/17/2012 2:31:55 AM
The facebook profile of the guy that had Mass Effect as a like....wasn't even the killer....

/topic
#155OxenhausPosted 12/17/2012 2:49:39 AM
EliteGuard99 posted...
WatermelonFarts posted...
I don't see why I'm supposed to care 20 something kids got shot. I don't care about kids starving to death in Africa, or female babies in China being neglected because they're female.

I also don't see why people get upset when I don't care.

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2010/8/22/ca0532af-1920-4580-a4c6-c107f24b1046.jpg

He does raise a point though, while what happened is not something nice, inhumane deaths happen all the time all around the world
---
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." - Robert Bloch
#156logannhunterPosted 12/17/2012 5:15:19 AM
I don't see why I'm supposed to care 20 something kids got shot. I don't care about kids starving to death in Africa, or female babies in China being neglected because they're female.

The 1st comment itself scared me, but what scares me worse is the comment of not seeing why people get upset he/she doesn't care.

If something like those situations doesn't touch your emotions then you are a cold person. Maybe if, heaven forbid, you have children in the future you will feel a bit more differently when you hear about things like this. I'm sure whoever posted that comment is just a child anyway, but even my children felt saddened by the event.
---
"Bite me, Garrus. Better yet, bite her. Probably how she likes it." Jack
#157WatermelonFartsPosted 12/17/2012 5:57:41 AM
logannhunter posted...

The 1st comment itself scared me, but what scares me worse is the comment of not seeing why people get upset he/she doesn't care.

If something like those situations doesn't touch your emotions then you are a cold person. Maybe if, heaven forbid, you have children in the future you will feel a bit more differently when you hear about things like this. I'm sure whoever posted that comment is just a child anyway, but even my children felt saddened by the event.

So, I'm a bad person because I don't put on a show of fake empathy?
---
Absolute Monarch of The Lands of Hazardonia, Dictator of mutcnas
#158vegeto18Posted 12/17/2012 7:38:22 AM
I'm kind of with watermelon here. Lack of emotion or empathy doesn't mean lack of humanity. Some of us are more desensitized or numbed than others. That isn't a bad thing. To understand that the shooting is a tragic thing is one thing but to invoke emotions when it isn't there is another. I was more or less desensitized to 9/11 when it happened. A tragic moment yes but it didn't invoke good or bad feelings. Sometimes bad things happens because there are bad people in this world. I'm desensitized because death happens anywhere and everywhere.
---
Always looking for new XBL GFAQ friends to play with online
XBL: AnAsianIndian84
#159master_gamr1231Posted 12/17/2012 7:46:12 AM
WatermelonFarts posted...
logannhunter posted...

So, I'm a bad person because I don't put on a show of fake empathy?

Personally, I don't think not feeling sad emotions makes someone a bad person. As long as people understand that it was a horrible thing that happened and that it is not something that anyone wants to ever happen again. People's emotions come out in different ways, and not having the same reaction as someone else doesn't make you any less human or sane than them. What matters is what you think about it.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#160spikethedevilPosted 12/17/2012 8:37:04 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]