School shooting and Mass Effect

#171WatermelonFartsPosted 12/17/2012 5:30:54 PM
some09guy II posted...
Lexar_ posted...
Watermelon might be cold, but that's not a sign of a personality disorder or psychopathic behavior. If he acted the same way if his loved ones were horrifically shot though, that would be another story.

I never said it was a sign of psychopathic behavior. With Watermelon I already said it was an obvious sign of immaturity, which he has pretty well proven throughout this topic aside from his point. But to hear the details of a massacre, especially a recent one, of fellow humans, especially children, and to feel absolutely nothing, not because you're acting out but because you're desensitized or simply don't feel for such things very much is a sign of a disorder of one sort or another. That is simply the way it is. Maybe you're born that way, maybe you've been traumatized (see: desensitized) but it doesn't change what it is.

That said, I very much doubt many here suffer from any such disorder. I would guess most, probably not actively thinking as such, simply wanted to stick out from the grain a bit, seem intelligent compared to the masses who fawn over the victims. Then, when called out on it, their rage at the fact that they could be wrong or that they could be so easily picked apart, was more than any sympathy they would drag up for people they don't know. That's pretty basic human reaction there.

I don't see where you're getting the "immaturity" angle out of this. Other than you're acting like Ryan-06 and just can't accept anyone being different. Which seems more immature than whatever you would peg me as.
---
Absolute Monarch of The Lands of Hazardonia, Dictator of mutcnas
#172AnonyMouseXPosted 12/17/2012 5:31:15 PM
WatermelonFarts posted...
I love how everyone is trying to play the role of a psuedo-intellectual and peer deep into my soul to point out how I'm a deranged, psychopathic menace to society.

I will clarify: I do feel bad for the families. I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone.

But I still don't care.

Does not compute. ERROR! ERROR!
#173WatermelonFartsPosted 12/17/2012 5:32:57 PM
AnonyMouseX posted...
I love how everyone is trying to play the role of a psuedo-intellectual and peer deep into my soul to point out how I'm a deranged, psychopathic menace to society.

I will clarify: I do feel bad for the families. I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone.

But I still don't care.

I'm not sure how I can properly explain how I feel about it. What I'm trying to say is, I realize that what happened was a tragic event. I acknowledge that, I just .. don't really care. I understand the magnitude of it and the effect it has on the families, but I just don't care.
---
#174logannhunterPosted 12/17/2012 5:33:34 PM
^ I agree. If he's that way, then I actually feel sorry for him.
And if what you say is true, this topic for trolling purposes, then he has a very sad existence.
---
"Bite me, Garrus. Better yet, bite her. Probably how she likes it." Jack
#175some09guy IIPosted 12/17/2012 5:33:54 PM
Hahaha. I almost want to take him off my ignore list just to see how right he keeps on proving me. Almost.
#176Ryan-06Posted 12/17/2012 5:50:30 PM
some09guy II posted...
Hahaha. I almost want to take him off my ignore list just to see how right he keeps on proving me. Almost.

Lol, over the years I've been on this site. My list grown quite big =D. VIP! heh.

Btw whats the limit on the ignore list? I vaguely remember a bulletin posted by admin long ago for site updates, that it was increased to a new cap. Guess they figured people needed more slots to ignore lol.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
http://i49.tinypic.com/69gf9z.jpg
#177AnonyMouseXPosted 12/17/2012 5:52:34 PM
AnonyMouseX posted...

But I still don't care.

I'm not sure how I can properly explain how I feel about it. What I'm trying to say is, I realize that what happened was a tragic event. I acknowledge that, I just .. don't really care. I understand the magnitude of it and the effect it has on the families, but I just don't care.

I think we differ on the meaning of "I don't care." Other than that, we're on the same page, man, and I'm glad you clarified instead of doing the typical "I'm right, you're wrong" spiel. That was very mature of you.

Since we're both clarifying, I should take this moment to confess I lied when I said I don't care what you say. :(
#178WatermelonFartsPosted 12/17/2012 5:54:09 PM
AnonyMouseX posted...
AnonyMouseX posted...

But I still don't care.

I think we differ on the meaning of "I don't care." Other than that, we're on the same page, man, and I'm glad you clarified instead of doing the typical "I'm right, you're wrong" spiel. That was very mature of you.

Since we're both clarifying, I should take this moment to confess I lied when I said I don't care what you say. :(

When I say I don't care, I mean that I don't bat an eye or anything when somebody mentions it. I just continue on. I did have the initial "why would somebody do this oh no" thing, but it faded away pretty fast.

It's okay, I know deep down everyone cares about me. :]
---
#179andy12handyPosted 12/17/2012 6:03:48 PM
Wait wait, can I just get this across before I get hung or something?

I mean as much as the media and several communities would love to blame games, I think the fault rests in them. I mean want to know why you probably don't care? Because all you hear about is the killer this, killer that, and the killer's face plastered everywhere, to the point where he becomes more a celebrity in a way, and that makes some people rather uncaring of the situation. I mean as deranged as the people who perpetrate things like this are, there is usually a motive or something behind it, such as the infamy gained from it. You hardly see things which idolize the victims instead, and why is that? Because the media finds them boring. Yeah yeah, call me out on this as much as you want, but these are just my thoughts on the matter. I mean why not have it be in a way, boring? This isn't a spectacular event which you need daily coverage for, this is a down to Earth, grim as hell situation which you are reporting on, and instead of giving the person behind this terrible deed more attention, instead focus your attention on those who had lost their lives, and don't try to bring in "excitement", or anything "clever" into this. I mean these are people who had their lives cut tragically short, and it's a damn shame, and I sure as hell don't want to know about the jackass who cut them short, I rather want to know who's life was now gone, or if their family prefers, not to, just so long as we don't have to deal with more news about the bastard who did it, possibly giving the person a bit of thrill in it.

Once again, just my thoughts, but if you have a counter argument, please go ahead. As painful as it is to talk about things like this, it's better if I could gain some insight on it.
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
#180MalzelPosted 12/17/2012 6:04:11 PM
Why did people even respond to farts in the first place
---
It is only human to commit a sin...