School shooting and Mass Effect

#31Mr_PipboyPosted 12/14/2012 3:26:03 PM
RKOMe2011 posted...
What I meant by that saying was, it is easier now to get a Rapid Fire Weapon than it is to get access to decent medical attention.

You can go to pawn shops, even some online places, walmart or other various places to get or to purchase guns, while Medical is more difficult to get ahold of wanting everything from your Urine Sample, DNA and everything.

It is next nothing to get ahold of guns form all shapes, sizes & forms you can get them from the Black Market to your friends or neighbors.

Guns need to be controlled and policed better is what I am saying about things are only going to get worse I wasnt talking about the End of Times or 12-21-12 that is a bunch of crap and I never believed in 12-21-12 to begin with mostly that was Internet Hoax created by the History Channel to promote fear.

I mean by It is going to get worse cause they are no decent gun laws, you can go on any street corner, any pawn or hunting stores and purchase any array of weapons.

Medical is downright impossible some can not even get there teeth fixed, can not get any kind of medical treatments or the medicines they need to fight off the diseases they have.

Yet you can get a gun like it is nothing, I am saying Guns need to be controled & policed but this is downright impossible cause everyone in a America has a Gun and some even have Rapid Guns.

This is what I mean things are only going to get Worse they are to many guns & they are no way to control this so things are only going to get worse.

Videogames are not to blame the person is what is to blame the peson is sick, twisted, & evil and has basically lost all grips of reality.

My fear is now there will be copycats of this horrific disaster such as the Colorado deal had Several Copycats I fear this will also do the same.

There are a lot of inaccuracies in your post, but I understand the outrage.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King of Rio 3-0 (3-1 overall)
#32wrexwrecksPosted 12/14/2012 4:00:51 PM
RKOMe2011 posted...
What I meant by that saying was, it is easier now to get a Rapid Fire Weapon than it is to get access to decent medical attention.

You can go to pawn shops, even some online places, walmart or other various places to get or to purchase guns, while Medical is more difficult to get ahold of wanting everything from your Urine Sample, DNA and everything.

It is next nothing to get ahold of guns form all shapes, sizes & forms you can get them from the Black Market to your friends or neighbors.

Guns need to be controlled and policed better is what I am saying about things are only going to get worse I wasnt talking about the End of Times or 12-21-12 that is a bunch of crap and I never believed in 12-21-12 to begin with mostly that was Internet Hoax created by the History Channel to promote fear.

I mean by It is going to get worse cause they are no decent gun laws, you can go on any street corner, any pawn or hunting stores and purchase any array of weapons.

Medical is downright impossible some can not even get there teeth fixed, can not get any kind of medical treatments or the medicines they need to fight off the diseases they have.

Yet you can get a gun like it is nothing, I am saying Guns need to be controled & policed but this is downright impossible cause everyone in a America has a Gun and some even have Rapid Guns.

This is what I mean things are only going to get Worse they are to many guns & they are no way to control this so things are only going to get worse.

Videogames are not to blame the person is what is to blame the peson is sick, twisted, & evil and has basically lost all grips of reality.

My fear is now there will be copycats of this horrific disaster such as the Colorado deal had Several Copycats I fear this will also do the same.

Not everyone owns a gun in America. Are you even an American? I can't see how you could be and make a statement like that.

And even if this was England where guns are completely illegal, there's still gun crime, so he still could have gotten his hands on a weapon, but more likely, he'd just go stab them, blow the building up, or burn it down after barring all the doors.

People act like he'd be all, "Man, I really want to shoot 20 children and 7 adults, but I can't legally obtain a gun - I guess I'll just go to work instead."
---
It's gor-GET - because there are no French people in Westeros.
#33GodsIndignationPosted 12/14/2012 4:21:26 PM
some09guy II posted...
Rafficus_III posted...
nastynate3118 posted...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A-GU_PwCUAAQgFA.png:large

Then who was the gunman?

His brother.

Adam Lanza.
---
Why are we born, if only to die so swiftly?
#34WatermelonFartsPosted 12/14/2012 4:24:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#35VirtualAnomolyPosted 12/14/2012 4:31:30 PM
XgArrancar posted...
I am soooo tired of this "video games cause violence" BS. It's a fallacy i'm just plain tired of hearing, i don't even argue it anymore.

Well, some really stupid people do re-enact crimes from video games (People have done it for Grand-theft-auto)
And instead of life in prison, the get 15 years in a loony bin, which actually seem pretty comfortable(better treatment since "it's not their fault")
I could be wrong on this, it is what Ihave heard,but if I am right.

Maybe somebody who is attention hungry says he was re-enacting Grissom Academy, ifthey are really desperate to blame Mass Effect, but I doubt anybody will really read into those two things. He was probably a fan of plenty of things.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
Black FC---0304 1624 6630 (cole)
#36Shadowstar108Posted 12/14/2012 4:32:03 PM
This isn't a gun control issue; it's a social issue. Someone, somewhere had to notice that something wasn't right with this man. Society should be more caring to people who need help, even if they may refuse it. I'd rather talk to someone about their problems on a couch than through a glass window and a phone.
---
~Currently Playing: Persona 4, Devil Survivor 2, and Magic: The Gathering~
#37SinisterSamuraiPosted 12/14/2012 4:36:04 PM
Jack Thompson was disbarred in 08, and hasn't really been heard from since, except to sue facebook and fail at that.
Are there even any reasonably successful or well-known anti-video game activists left?

And I bet video games won't get much coverage at all. I don't remember much VG blaming in the last few shootings. I bet blaming games is not stylish anymore.
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
#38MurphysGhostPosted 12/14/2012 4:42:56 PM
Shadowstar108 posted...
This isn't a gun control issue; it's a social issue. Someone, somewhere had to notice that something wasn't right with this man. Society should be more caring to people who need help, even if they may refuse it. I'd rather talk to someone about their problems on a couch than through a glass window and a phone.

I really think it's both.

People need to pay more attention to warning signs and offer help, but there are times when there's little to no concrete warning for an event like this.

I'm not under any illusion that guns in America are going to simply go away (nor do I think they should be outright abolished- I absolutely support responsible hunting, for example), but stricter controls on handguns and high-powered assault weapons is something that I think deserves a good, hard look.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#39Devil_wings00Posted 12/14/2012 4:44:14 PM
Ya I'm sure fox news will run with it. Anything to get people off the whole "gun control" topic that is bound to spark up like it does every time something tragic like this happens. There conservative NRA masters will force them to argue in favor of the mad man who shot children having 8000 rounds (not a real fact, an exaggeration, calm down) and a full auto machine gun (probably true).
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#40PhilOnDezPosted 12/14/2012 4:46:26 PM
The US has the highest gun ownership rate in the world - an average of 88 per 100 people. That puts it first in the world for gun ownership - and even the number two country, Yemen, has significantly fewer - 54.8 per 100 people

But the US does not have the worst firearm murder rate - that prize belongs to Honduras, El Salvador and Jamaica. In fact, the US is number 28, with a rate of 2.97 per 100,000 people

Puerto Rico tops the world's table for firearms murders as a percentage of all homicides - 94.8%. It's followed by Sierra Leone in Africa and Saint Kitts and Nevis in the Caribbean

For every three people murdered with a gun in the US 99,997 aren't. That gives you a .003% chance of being shot in a given year even though (statistically) 88% of the population owns a gun.

If you take away the guns from the people who aren't going to break the law with them anyway you aren't accomplishing anything. The people who intend to break the law are going to get their hands on one anyway, or figure something else out. The US is doing a lot better than most countries once you take into account that most of the poorer countries aren't taken into consideration.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there