School shooting and Mass Effect

#61MalzelPosted 12/14/2012 5:46:17 PM
WatermelonFarts posted...
i'm also pretty sure a criminal won't care about gun laws

they'll either get the gun away, or just stab the person instead

Smart thinkin' son.
The problem wasn't that the kid had easy access to a gun, but vidya games corruptin' the minds of our nation's most easily influenced; people below the age of 40.
---
It is only human to commit a sin...
#62Ertrick36Posted 12/14/2012 5:46:48 PM
TheFeshPince posted...
When I opened this thread, I was waiting for someone to say:
"You think it was cause of the ending?"
And when no one did, it took me 30 seconds not to post that out of sheer trollery.

Anyway, people are talking about getting proactive and trying to stop people before they get to this point. I can only laugh at the abandonment of human rights that line of thinking favors. Like we're going to start arresting people for thinking about it, now.

Have you read 1984 by George Orwell? That's what your post made me think of...
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).
#63Ertrick36Posted 12/14/2012 5:48:18 PM
Fou Lu posted...
Not this again... Years ago I saw a kid carded trying to buy Starcraft. Both Starcraft and Mass Effect are science fiction. Mass Effect has you killing aliens and robots, with the occasional human bad guys. How either of those games are murder simulators, when the main enemies are fantastical creatures that don't exist in real life, is a mystery to me.

---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).
#64Rude HeroPosted 12/14/2012 5:50:41 PM
Space bullets being used to gun down children? I doubt it.
---
I don't like killing people from geographical location A, but have no qualm killing people from geographical location B.
#65NickiousPosted 12/14/2012 6:06:42 PM
I wonder when people will let that one Mass effect story on Fox go. They made a mistake six years ago. They aren't the only ones. It won't be the last.
---
"But... it was so artistically done." Thrawn
#66andy12handyPosted 12/14/2012 6:09:35 PM
Nickious posted...
I wonder when people will let that one Mass effect story on Fox go. They made a mistake six years ago. They aren't the only ones. It won't be the last.

Mass Effect fans don't forget.

Mass Effect fans are patient.

Mass Effect fans just wait.

Mass Effect fans wear down journalists, the devs, and the entire world.

Mass Effect fans always win.
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
#67SinisterSamuraiPosted 12/14/2012 6:17:44 PM
Nickious posted...

Pretty sure there was never a retraction by anyone other than that author.
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
#68herduliekmudkipPosted 12/14/2012 6:28:10 PM
pretty sure we're all murderers now
---
http://i.imgur.com/fsSme.png
Meet herduliekmudkip hater of all things powerful and easy to use. ~ donkeyofdestiny
#69NafzgerPosted 12/14/2012 6:31:26 PM
Those gun control laws you guys so vehemently push for wouldn't prevent stuff like this from happening.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#70UtterMoonPosted 12/14/2012 6:34:12 PM
What a surprise..all shootings tend to follow the same course of action in the news. They already screwed up by saying that the shooters brother...was the shooter, they listed his facebook profile picture, and only a few hours ago..agree that they made a mistake. They are already interviewing little grieving kids. The guns rights crap is already being brought up, the no prayer in school crap is being brought up, just waiting for conservatives to blame the gays and atheists.