Balance changes 12/18/2012 (Ninja'd suckas!)

#31fennell92Posted 12/18/2012 11:42:28 AM
Funnily enough, I proceeded to get a single spectre pack and got a paladin upgrade...
#32Jashin_SamaPosted 12/18/2012 11:43:44 AM
AnonyMouseX posted...
Spider5800 posted...
Acolyte Pistol
- Reverting pistol to original state before the attempted rocket glitch fix since the change
did not curb the use of the glitch

Does this mean it's a charge weapon again? Cause that would suck :-(

Yup. Today's balance change should've said:
Acolyte damage modifiers on health and armor reduced to 25% / 25%

That way, the pistol that's only supposed to strip shields/barriers will only strip shields/barrier, instead of killing everything in sight. That would've been perfect.

Instead, they went and did something stupid, giving squishy casters a pistol that prevents them from taking cover, makes it awkward to cast/aim powers on the right bumper, and resets anytime they get stunned, in case the geth weren't trolling adepts hard enough as is. And then they sugar-coat it with a bunch of gifts and the much-wanted sabotage buff, (with a little nerf sprinkled in there too,) so no one will notice. Merry ****ing Christmas.

Bravo, Biower. Bravo. *applauds*

I've been saying they were gonna do this to the Acolyte for weeks, why did nobody believe me? There was literally no reason for them to keep it the way it was given their initial reason for the change was rendered null. <_<
---
Who the hell is Zilong17? Probably Black Chaos Soldier's alt. - MegaSTV
#33herduliekmudkipPosted 12/18/2012 11:44:35 AM
AnonyMouseX posted...
**** the acolyte nerf. So glad I stopped using that gun in preparation for this. Just goes to show adepts can't have nice things.

this is what a babby post looks like everyone
---
http://i.imgur.com/fsSme.png
Meet herduliekmudkip hater of all things powerful and easy to use. ~ donkeyofdestiny
#34bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 11:45:45 AM(edited)
AnonyMouseX posted...
**** the acolyte nerf. So glad I stopped using that gun in preparation for this. Just goes to show adepts can't have nice things.

It's actually a damage buff...
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#35CharmilePosted 12/18/2012 11:46:01 AM
bessy67 posted...
herduliekmudkip posted...
AnonyMouseX posted...

It's actually a damage buff...

Acolyte gains no damage on charge, it was a "feature" of the guns shield-beasting abilities
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?
#36terrysmay04Posted 12/18/2012 11:46:24 AM
so much butt hurt about the acolyte, its still great, you just have to be smarter about how you use it.

wait, did they buff the damage back up?
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#37Rafficus_IIIPosted 12/18/2012 11:46:31 AM
foodeater4 posted...
How much are the new packs and how many can you receive?

---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://i48.tinypic.com/15mbg2t.jpg | The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
#38Grayfoxr6Posted 12/18/2012 11:46:58 AM
fennell92 posted...
Don't get too excited guys. I have all the rare weapons maxed, just got 6 of the aresenal packs and did not get a single UR weapon.

so what did you get? amps? equipment? attachments? isnt it supposed to give you at least 2 golds or better? lol @ gold ammo id probably throw my xbox
---
XBL and PSN: Feralchicken01
You know why they call it PMS??? because "mad cow disease" was already taken.
#39CrusnikCainPosted 12/18/2012 11:48:33 AM
lol got a character out of the arsenal pack and a Particle rifle V out of the Reserves pack
---
Gamer Tag : CrusnikCain
#40AnonyMouseXPosted 12/18/2012 11:48:36 AM
herduliekmudkip posted...
AnonyMouseX posted...

I stopped using it weeks ago in anticipation for this, but I'm still mad they did it. Required charging is an incredibly stupid mechanic to have on any weapon, especially a caster weapon. It would've made much more sense to severely nerf it's damage to armor or health.