Balance changes 12/18/2012 (Ninja'd suckas!)

#51code_kirinPosted 12/18/2012 12:15:41 PM
Charmile posted...
code_kirin posted...
Well, this confirms it. They hate Sabotage.

This was known since the first nerf; it hurts their accounts

It doesn't hurt their accounts. GI, Kroguard, TGI, etc. hurt their accounts. Sabotage is just a completely harmless power that they like to torture for their own enjoyment.
#52AnonyMouseXPosted 12/18/2012 12:25:12 PM(edited)
LilyxLightning posted...
AnonyMouseX posted...
I stopped using it weeks ago in anticipation for this, but I'm still mad they did it. Required charging is an incredibly stupid mechanic to have on any weapon, especially a caster weapon. It would've made much more sense to severely nerf it's damage to armor or health.

The Acolyte is good for just about any class, especially those without good powers to counteract shields and barriers. It was a devastating weapon with the charge; without having to charge the Acolyte, it's just plain overpowered.

I'm still going to use the Acolyte on the classes I use it with. I'll have to be a little smarter with it, but I have no problem with that.

The charged acolyte fires a fraction of a second faster than the uncharged version, but that's only if you get the timing perfect. If you release a millisecond too early, you get NOTHING and have to start charging again. If you get stunned, you get NOTHING and have to start charging again. If you walk down an elevation change, it will misfire. Go up or down a ladder, misfire. You can't take cover during any of this. And that's not even to mention the annoyance of trying to aim/cast anything on the right bumper while holding that damn trigger.

It was not "overpowered" without the charge, it was just a lot safer and more practical. It actually had a longer refire time than the charged version, couldn't be fired while running, couldn't be fired from cloak, couldn't be abused by vanguards, and couldn't be abused by missile glitchers. It was one step closer to being the gun it should've been, but just needed a little cleaning up. (Not surprising for something slapped together in a balance change.) Meanwhile, the charged version appeals to everyone except the ones it was intended for.

The gun isn't useless by any means. Any nerf can be overcome. My point is that the required charging mechanic does virtually nothing for the class it was intended for, but is a boon for others. I've been saying this since the day the gun was released and it still holds true today. The charging acolyte isn't useless or bad, just stupid and completely misses its target audience.
#53CharmilePosted 12/18/2012 12:20:41 PM
code_kirin posted...
Charmile posted...
code_kirin posted...
Well, this confirms it. They hate Sabotage.

This was known since the first nerf; it hurts their accounts

It doesn't hurt their accounts. GI, Kroguard, TGI, etc. hurt their accounts. Sabotage is just a completely harmless power that they like to torture for their own enjoyment.

You've probably seen it back in the day Master Hacker ----->So-So------>Mega Debuffer--------->So-So again Basically it wen from Super Effective vs. Geth, to shot to Super effective against everything back to shot again

Again Bioware is terrible with balance for this and your mentioned classes
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?
#54sheepman23Posted 12/18/2012 12:23:25 PM
bessy67 posted...
- Reserves Pack - for players who want character unlocks and upgrades

Unlocking Volus Protector Vanguard and challenge

Unlocking Drell Assassin Infiltrator and challenge

All hazard maps are now unlocked for the Christmas holidays

*dead*
#55BhelliumPosted 12/18/2012 12:24:30 PM
I'd say the power classes help them for the reasons contained here:
http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/balancing-for-skill

The problem is all the ones that can outpace them are teamwork-focused and no one seems to want to do that.
---
The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit-Mark Twain
Mark Twain is the most misquoted man of all time- Benjamin Disraeli
#56xionnoixPosted 12/18/2012 12:33:40 PM(edited)
bessy67 posted...
fennell92 posted...
Don't get too excited guys. I have all the rare weapons maxed, just got 6 of the aresenal packs and did not get a single UR weapon.

This makes me a sad panda :(

so did you get level 4 consumables instead?

edit: nm, i didn't see fennell's later post
I got all the new characters, a little bit of ammo, and a couple gear pieces. It basically the same exact thing as a PSP. I suppose if I didn't have the weapons maxed I would have gotten more of them.

thank you, and thanks for everyone else who replied.
#57MurphysGhostPosted 12/18/2012 12:38:58 PM
Lots of nice stuff but nerf sabotage EVEN ****ING MORE?

I just... I just... *tears welling up in FQI's eyes*
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#58orangeneePosted 12/18/2012 1:09:56 PM
Good good. These packs are kind of what I wanted. Bioware did ninja me.
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#59Safer_777Posted 12/18/2012 1:13:18 PM
If I have all Rare Weapons and below maxed,all characters unlocked(but not all options for them)and some gear maxed(but not all of them),which packs should I buy?
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#60LilyxLightningPosted 12/18/2012 1:14:17 PM
MurphysGhost posted...
Lots of nice stuff but nerf sabotage EVEN ****ING MORE?

I just... I just... *tears welling up in FQI's eyes*

It's actually a ~16% damage-per-second increase, combined with the cooldown reduction.
---
"No, John. You are the Reapers"
And then John was the Catalyst.