Did the Volus Mercenary get the pre-nerf Decoy or something?

#1Tic TacPosted 12/24/2012 2:26:02 PM
I've been playing him quite a bit over the past few days, and his Decoy seems amazingly effective. All Geth units (even Bombers) can't take their eyes off of it, same with most Cerberus units. Phantoms in particular seem to completely ignore everybody and sit there sniping at the Decoy as you blow them away. It's a little less effective against the other two, where only humanoid units and Praetorians pay any attention to it.

It also seems to hold massive amounts of enemies at a time. I just did a Gold/Cerberus game and on extraction there were three Phantoms and a few other mooks all swarming around it. Same thing in a Geth game, with a couple of Primes, two Hunters and a Pyro all trying to kill it. Though the only enemies in the game that seem to be able to damage it are Rocket Troopers and Bombers.

I haven't played the SE in a long time, but I remember his Decoy being practically useless after the nerfs. So did they screw up the VM's one, or is Decoy just massively underrated in general?
---
Monkey see, monkey do - just another animal in the zoo.
#2code_kirinPosted 12/24/2012 3:31:30 PM
Placebo effect. The volus has the same decoy the SE does.

Try attracting a banshee or brute. Combat drone and decoy still work against practically all geth and Phantoms.
#3BhelliumPosted 12/24/2012 7:49:27 PM
or maybe it's that Decoy is better than people give it credit for, given that the most common PC killers are still distracted by it
---
The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit-Mark Twain
Mark Twain is the most misquoted man of all time- Benjamin Disraeli