Nicholas Cage to play commander Shepard in Mass Effect movie

#61Clouded_LeopardPosted 12/26/2012 2:48:43 AM
Exilious posted...
Mass Effect movie has got to be femshep

Milla Jovovich would be perfect for the part.

Except she can't act her way out of a paper bag.
---
Forum (Noun)
- A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
#62Bob_EsrockPosted 12/26/2012 4:11:21 AM
Nafzger posted...
Bob_Esrock posted...
I wasn't aware that Shepard was an emotionless husk of a person in this series.

Was kind of hoping this was true so I could have some more movies to cite as why Cage is at the bottom of my list of favorite actors. At least he's not John Cusack though.

Yeah, because Nicolas Cage is an emotionless actor.

/sarcasm

I mean, come on man. If anything, he shows too much emotion.

He plays the same character in every single movie he stars in, just in different set pieces. If this were all, then I wouldn't have a problem, since most actors aren't character actors, but there's more.

His voice is a monotone and shows no character, he can't deliver a line with any sort of conviction for the role he's playing. If he tries to deliver an emotion to a scene, he misses because of the fact he doesn't understand what emotions are. His lack of knowledge as to what makes a character have human emotions further reinforces that he is a husk of a person, probably not even a human anymore.

I'd go so far as to say he's a... Vampire!? http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2011/09/is-nicolas-cage-a-vampire-from-the-civil-war-era/

But I digress, Cage would be a horrible choice. The guy from Prison Break would be much better. Thank god this topic is a joke.
---
Lurking since 1999
Am I the only one who tends to read topics as one large self-argumentative post?
#63PainesnewnamePosted 12/26/2012 6:10:20 AM
It doesn't matter who is chosen to play shep. Milla jobovich the snarky asari shepard picks up will overshadow anybody with her biotic explosions
---
Mass production.....?
.........RIDICULOUS!
#64cloudsnemesisPosted 12/26/2012 10:27:47 AM
Jason Statham
#65BoohuutPosted 12/26/2012 10:44:02 AM
Chris O'Donnell
#66Adam314-Posted 12/26/2012 12:07:52 PM
Rather him than the piece of cardboard that is Paul Walker...

Movie is probably going to be garbage anyway. If there's anyone that can save it, it's Nic Cage.
#67burnoutguy314Posted 12/29/2012 9:58:59 AM
Clouded_Leopard posted...
Exilious posted...

She can act decently, it's just all that is platue'd by crappy roles.
---
REALDEMO
#68Bourne_EndeavorPosted 12/29/2012 2:56:30 PM
*blank stare*

"Huh, just when I thought my expectations couldn't get any lower... Also, **** Nicolas Cage."

That was my reaction. Again, **** Nicolas Cage.
---
A bride?! Roughly translated, it means your life is over!
A bride is a woman that's about to be married || I think my definition is more accurate.
#69andy12handyPosted 12/29/2012 2:58:00 PM
*coughs*

"..."

"The ****."
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
#70Bourne_EndeavorPosted 12/29/2012 2:58:58 PM
Clouded_Leopard posted...
Exilious posted...

Eh, she's decent. Not her fault the Resident Evil plot boards on incomprehensible. Granted, it is a zombie flick. So brain-dead fits the theme. Anywho, ME: the movie is going to fail hard. We might as well get fanservice.
---
A bride?! Roughly translated, it means your life is over!
A bride is a woman that's about to be married || I think my definition is more accurate.