Question about Volus Protector

#1sheepman23Posted 12/26/2012 12:17:55 PM
I just got the character and did a 6/6/6/0/6 build. To me, having both Biotic Charge AND Shield Boost is just asking for the Fitness class to be maxed. I played a match with him, and although he's really aggressive and has great survivability, I really wish I could max his passive class for weapon damage. I already have Weapon Synergy in Biotic Charge, so more weapon damage evolutions would be great.

My question is whether or not Biotic Orbs are really worth it. On the Adept, I rarely ever even notice the difference with or without them on, and it was pretty much the same way with the Vanguard. Without the Orbs, I would max the passive class for weapon damage.

Thoughts?
#2NafzgerPosted 12/26/2012 12:36:37 PM
It depends on how you're spec'ing biotic orbs. You could make a good weapons build and use the biotic orbs as debuffers. Then take weapon damage in the passives. Maybe do 4 in shield boost, 5 in charge, or something. IDK. My build is way different than yours so I can only speculate on what would work.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#3LilyxLightningPosted 12/26/2012 1:11:18 PM
If you have a very high power recharge speed bonus in the first place, Biotic Orbs won't make a large impact on cooldowns. The power does allow the Volus Protector to take a heavier loadout and use the Orbs to compensate for weight.

Or you could always evolve Biotic Orbs offensively. They make an excellent follow-up for Charge (especially with the Rank 5 Power Synergy evolution for Charge) and can inflict a heavy damage-taken debuff on enemies.
---
"No, John. You are the Reapers"
And then John was the Catalyst.
#4sheepman23(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 1:35:10 PM
LilyxLightning posted...
If you have a very high power recharge speed bonus in the first place, Biotic Orbs won't make a large impact on cooldowns. The power does allow the Volus Protector to take a heavier loadout and use the Orbs to compensate for weight.

Ah, I hadn't even considered that.

So if I have a 140% recharge speed bonus and Biotic Orbs has all of the power recharge speed evolutions, the 60% cooldown from Biotic Orbs compensates for my loadout?