no i mean element x

x is a variable

solve 5x^2+9x-40

X= 3.868
X=-2.068

if im not mistaken that is wrong
---
just when you thought gfaqs usernames couldnt get any worse
#32NickiousPosted 12/28/2012 12:51:45 PM(edited)
WatermelonFarts posted...
Nickious posted...

no i mean element x

x is a variable

solve 5x^2+9x-40

X= 3.868
X=-2.068

Used the quadratic formula of -b = + or - the square root of -b^2 - 4(a)(c) over 2(a).
Factoring wouldn't working easily. Unless its a different question, well no idea.
---
"But... it was so artistically done." Thrawn
#33WatermelonFartsPosted 12/28/2012 12:54:43 PM
Nickious posted...
Nickious posted...

no i mean element x

x is a variable

solve 5x^2+9x-40

X= 3.868
X=-2.068

Used the quadratic formula of -b = + or - the square root of -b^2 - 4(a)(c) over 2(a).
Factoring wouldn't working easily. Unless its a different question, well no idea.

i meant to put +40 nevermind
---
just when you thought gfaqs usernames couldnt get any worse
#34sheepman23Posted 12/28/2012 12:54:48 PM
Nickious posted...
X= 3.868
X=-2.068

Weird, I got the same thing as you, only backwards (2.068 and -3.868).
#35xFieryxPosted 12/28/2012 1:26:54 PM
Truegamer9 posted...
I'm pretty confident in doing silver runs, I was just wondering if I'm ready to move it up to gold. I was planning on either using the Turian Ghost or N7 Paladin unless there are other alternatives. Also is it necessary to have high level weapons? The best I've got is probably the Harrier I.

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=AdvancedGamer9&platform=xbox

That's everything I've got so far, pretty unimpressive I know but I'm hoping to change that. I'm just looking for some advice and tips from all of you guys who are probably more experienced before I go running off and getting myself killed repeatedly. If anybody has tips/advice/feedback feel free to tell me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Add me sir - xFieryxMeTalx Is my gt. I'll runs gold with ya.
#36Truegamer9(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 3:29:59 PM
Environments posted...
If you want, I could do some Gold games with you, doing any difficulty is easier when you have friends (competent players) instead of randoms. Plus, I could give you some advice as well (if you have a mic).

Add me if you want!

GT - Yatsufusa

xFieryx posted...
Truegamer9 posted...
I'm pretty confident in doing silver runs, I was just wondering if I'm ready to move it up to gold. I was planning on either using the Turian Ghost or N7 Paladin unless there are other alternatives. Also is it necessary to have high level weapons? The best I've got is probably the Harrier I.

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=AdvancedGamer9&platform=xbox

That's everything I've got so far, pretty unimpressive I know but I'm hoping to change that. I'm just looking for some advice and tips from all of you guys who are probably more experienced before I go running off and getting myself killed repeatedly. If anybody has tips/advice/feedback feel free to tell me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Add me sir - xFieryxMeTalx Is my gt. I'll runs gold with ya.

Awesome, I'll add you guys as soon as I get the chance, I appreciate the offer. Thanks again to everybody here, your advice has been a great help.
---
GT: AdvancedGamer9
"I'm not good, I'm just lucky."
#37iamdanthamanPosted 12/28/2012 4:04:38 PM
Nickious posted...
Nickious posted...

no i mean element x

x is a variable

solve 5x^2+9x-40

X= 3.868
X=-2.068

i meant to put +40 nevermind

Regardless, you can't solve it without boundary conditions. all you gave us is a curve, we don't know where the curve is located, so we can't know what x is equal to, unless you just make an assumption, and we all know how that usually turns out.
---
All your base are belong to us
#38RiKuToTheMiGhtYPosted 12/28/2012 4:13:38 PM
You need a lot more medigel, I am new to this game but I moved up to silver then playing some gold after exhausting the silver weapons since I needed more credits plus my weapons were at level ten and I had a class I knew could be offensive and defensive. Most times I am a human engineer and use the mattock level 10 with extended barrel 1 and AR magazine upgrade 5.

Find a class you are really good with and choose a weapon you feel will keep you very safe as in gold they have more health and do more damage. My tactics are taking their shields down or use incinerate and then shoot them as it weakens them enough that the damage keeps hurting them more then not.

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=KillyouTheKing&platform=xbox
---
doa-plus.com - We Press Forward. . . By Pressing Back.