As bad as people say?

#1Stanemac12Posted 12/31/2012 6:14:57 AM
I just got the first 2 in the series on the steam sale and 1 was a great game that I really enjoyed. ME2 was one of the better games I've played in a really long time, really enjoyed it. I don't have 3 but I'm tempted to pick it up now because of how much I enjoyed the first 2. Everyone I talk to though (including some of my friends who are huge fans of the series) say that 3 is so awful that its borderline not even worth playing. I can't even believe that could be the case after playing the first 2, is it really that bad or is it definitely worth the playthrough if I liked the first 2?
#2SageOfLifePosted 12/31/2012 6:18:35 AM
The third game has its faults, but overall it's great up until the last five minutes. But the free Extended Cut fixed most of the issues there.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#3bessy67Posted 12/31/2012 6:19:15 AM
It's definitely worth playing for multiplayer, and while the ending is extremely disappointing IMO, I'd still recommend it in order to complete the trilogy.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#4Finish_th_FightPosted 12/31/2012 6:20:44 AM
ME3 is a great game. The only people Iíve heard complaining about it are those who are butt-hurt over the ending. Even if you donít like the last 10mins of a game that doesnít make the entire game Ďbadí. Iíd encourage you to get it and play with an open mind. Enjoy.
#5LilyxLightningPosted 12/31/2012 6:39:02 AM
The vast majority of people say that Mass Effect 3 is good. The people who insist that it's a horrible game are just trolls who believe that one part of the story not happening exactly the way they think it should means that they should do everything they can in order to prevent people from enjoying the game.
---
Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.
#6bessy67Posted 12/31/2012 6:56:29 AM(edited)
LilyxLightning posted...
The vast majority of people say that Mass Effect 3 is good. The people who insist that it's a horrible game are just trolls who believe that one part of the story not happening exactly the way they think it should means that they should do everything they can in order to prevent people from enjoying the game.

Don't be fooled, this guy is the troll. Lots of people are legitimately disappointed in how linear the game was, how horrible the journal and many of the sidequests were, and how little previous choices ultimately mattered. It's great that you were able to overlook these deficiencies and still really enjoy the game, but that doesn't mean the deficiencies weren't there or that people that talk about them are trolls.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#7LilyxLightningPosted 12/31/2012 7:07:57 AM
bessy67 posted...
Don't be fooled, this guy is the troll. Lots of people are legitimately disappointed in how linear the game was, how horrible the journal and many of the sidequests were, and how little previous choices ultimately mattered. It's great that you were able to overlook these deficiencies and still really enjoy the game, but that doesn't mean the deficiencies weren't there or that people that talk about them are trolls.

Actually, most of the people who've played the game know that there's more sidequests than what you insist qualify as "sidequests", and almost all people who have played the game more than once with different choices are well aware of how your choices impact the story.

It's almost as if people who complain about ME3 are desperate to make it look like they've never played ME3.
---
Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.
#8SageOfLifePosted 12/31/2012 7:10:21 AM
LilyxLightning posted...
bessy67 posted...

Actually, most of the people who've played the game know that there's more sidequests than what you insist qualify as "sidequests", and almost all people who have played the game more than once with different choices are well aware of how your choices impact the story.

It's almost as if people who complain about ME3 are desperate to make it look like they've never played ME3.

Stop lying.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#9NafzgerPosted 12/31/2012 7:10:23 AM
The whole story is pretty craptastic compared to the last two, and it's their own fault. They wanted to give us a sense of urgency with the whole OMGREAPERSRHEARWUTDO?! thing, but ultimately, the game just feels hurried and no scene really has time to breathe or establish anything. Plus out of the trilogy, this one has the absolute worst railroading. You can't even talk to your crew or explore the galaxy until three missions deep.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#10LilyxLightningPosted 12/31/2012 7:11:48 AM
SageOfLife posted...
Stop lying.

"Stop exposing the delusions I subscribe to as delusions!"
---