Geth/Quarian choice (spoilers)

#1VasDeferensPosted 1/1/2013 7:22:27 PM(edited)
Why is uploading the Reaper code the Paragon choice ? It's the upper right choice in the wheel . I didn't like that outcome because it wiped out the Quarians from the storyline . I didn't feel very much like any Paragon then .
#2CharmilePosted 1/1/2013 7:09:24 PM
Because Bioware writing puts the Geth as the innocent defenders, despite previous games lore.
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?
#3ZacTBPosted 1/1/2013 7:17:52 PM
I think it's because the Geth are okay with peace at the moment and would be fine with letting the Quarians live, but the Quarians want to wipe out the Geth (unless persuaded not to).
#4ZERO2936Posted 1/1/2013 8:27:28 PM
The Quarians were the aggressors both times and the Geth are helpless without the Reaper code. Allowing the Quarians to wipe out another sentient race that is completely unable to fight back over something they started would not give paragon points. Unfortunately, there are also innocents on board the Migrant Fleet who didn't want to fight the Geth.
---
Official Magnezone of the PMD: Managate and the Infinite Labyrinth Boards
#5Rafficus_IIIPosted 1/1/2013 8:32:32 PM
Charmile posted...
Because Bioware writing puts the Geth as the innocent defenders, despite previous games lore.

I blame it on Bioware's new writer. You may have heard of him...

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.5022359467460018&pid=15.1
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://i48.tinypic.com/15mbg2t.jpg | The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
#6VirtualAnomolyPosted 1/1/2013 8:34:25 PM
Neither option givesmore paragon/renegade points.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
Black FC---0304 1624 6630 (cole)
#7TjayroganPosted 1/4/2013 11:50:48 AM
Its because uploading the code is the only way to save both. The most paragon choice.
---
The darker it gets, the brighter light shine( the Ro)
#8sir_fredingtonPosted 1/4/2013 12:10:03 PM
Because uploading the code makes the geth more sentient and organic-like, which is a major theme of ME3, like it or not.

If you've been paying attention to the story, especially during the virtual reality mission to shut down the geth fighter squadrons, you'd have seen that the quarians have always been the aggressor and that the geth have always acted in self defense for the most part, even allowing the quarians to retreat from rannoch when they no longer presented a threat to their survival. Heck, even allying themselves with the reapers was a way for them to ensure their survival against another quarian offensive.

Also, if you made the right choices in ME2, uploading the code is the only way to attain peace between the quarians and the geth and obtain both fleets as war assets.