SP: Best AR for Insanity (Soldier)

#1Revan654Posted 1/2/2013 11:19:51 PM
I'm about to try insanity using the Solider class.

Which is the better AR to use during insanity?

Particle Rifle, N7 Typhoon, Cerberus Harrier or another AR?
#2Spider5800Posted 1/2/2013 11:29:55 PM
Harrier for you, particle rifle for your squadmates.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#3AllDay524Posted 1/2/2013 11:31:12 PM
If you have Marksman go with the Typhoon. Inferno Ammo, Particle Rifle. Otherwise Harrier.
---
'I was looking up Pokemon Hentai today and it was full of Gardevoirs and Pikachus. I'm like what the hell is this? Wheres all the May and Dawn pics?' LittleUnit
#4turtle225Posted 1/3/2013 12:05:03 AM
I used the revanent as a throwback to mass effect 2. It works, though there are better options.
---
,=,e
#5zhobanPosted 1/3/2013 9:42:50 AM
Revan654 posted...
I'm about to try insanity using the Solider class.

Which is the better AR to use during insanity?

Particle Rifle, N7 Typhoon, Cerberus Harrier or another AR?

I used a Particle Rifle with Incendiary ammo.

Spider5800 posted...
Harrier for you, particle rifle for your squadmates.

Why Harrier for player and Particle Rifle for squadmates? I didn't really think the Particle Rifle was doing that well on Garrus so I gave him the Falcon.
---
Don't get all holy on me, James. This town called you, too. You and me are the same. We're not like other people. Eddie Dombrowski (Silent Hill 2)
#6Spider5800Posted 1/3/2013 10:27:19 AM(edited)
I'd have to look it up again, but it was something about how the AI worked. With most rifles, squadmates will pop off a few shots then go back to hiding, but with the PPR they stand there and empty the thing into enemies, giving them a much higher DPS. Vega is especially good with it, as you can level him with exploding ammo and turn him into a monster.

It also makes it much easier to see what squadmates are shooting at so you can combine fire and whittle down enemies faster. Makes a huge difference if, say, you're being attacked by multiple banshees on insanity.

Edit: Found it.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/347/index/10117648

That compares all the weapons and their DPS on squadmates. They talk about the Harrier later in the thread, but PPR still comes out on top.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#7jpv2000Posted 1/3/2013 4:05:32 PM
I did my insanity run as a soldier and I used a Particle Rifle with Incendiary ammo. Very fun. ;-)
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#8sir_fredingtonPosted 1/3/2013 4:09:36 PM
jpv2000 posted...
I did my insanity run as a soldier and I used a Particle Rifle with Incendiary ammo. Very fun. ;-)

Agreed. Then I did a sentinel playthrough with barrier instead of tech armor, so I can't be staggered while firing my particle rifle. James was a permanent squad mate. Even more fun.