SP: Best AR for Insanity (Soldier)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. SP: Best AR for Insanity (Soldier)
3 years ago#1
I'm about to try insanity using the Solider class.

Which is the better AR to use during insanity?

Particle Rifle, N7 Typhoon, Cerberus Harrier or another AR?
3 years ago#2
Harrier for you, particle rifle for your squadmates.
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
3 years ago#3
If you have Marksman go with the Typhoon. Inferno Ammo, Particle Rifle. Otherwise Harrier.
'I was looking up Pokemon Hentai today and it was full of Gardevoirs and Pikachus. I'm like what the hell is this? Wheres all the May and Dawn pics?' LittleUnit
3 years ago#4
I used the revanent as a throwback to mass effect 2. It works, though there are better options.
,=,e
3 years ago#5
Revan654 posted...
I'm about to try insanity using the Solider class.

Which is the better AR to use during insanity?

Particle Rifle, N7 Typhoon, Cerberus Harrier or another AR?

I used a Particle Rifle with Incendiary ammo.

Spider5800 posted...
Harrier for you, particle rifle for your squadmates.

Why Harrier for player and Particle Rifle for squadmates? I didn't really think the Particle Rifle was doing that well on Garrus so I gave him the Falcon.
Don't get all holy on me, James. This town called you, too. You and me are the same. We're not like other people. Eddie Dombrowski (Silent Hill 2)
3 years ago#6
I'd have to look it up again, but it was something about how the AI worked. With most rifles, squadmates will pop off a few shots then go back to hiding, but with the PPR they stand there and empty the thing into enemies, giving them a much higher DPS. Vega is especially good with it, as you can level him with exploding ammo and turn him into a monster.

It also makes it much easier to see what squadmates are shooting at so you can combine fire and whittle down enemies faster. Makes a huge difference if, say, you're being attacked by multiple banshees on insanity.

Edit: Found it.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/347/index/10117648

That compares all the weapons and their DPS on squadmates. They talk about the Harrier later in the thread, but PPR still comes out on top.
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
3 years ago#7
I did my insanity run as a soldier and I used a Particle Rifle with Incendiary ammo. Very fun. ;-)
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
3 years ago#8
jpv2000 posted...
I did my insanity run as a soldier and I used a Particle Rifle with Incendiary ammo. Very fun. ;-)

Agreed. Then I did a sentinel playthrough with barrier instead of tech armor, so I can't be staggered while firing my particle rifle. James was a permanent squad mate. Even more fun.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. SP: Best AR for Insanity (Soldier)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived