Who would you replace EDI with?

#11SkitzocrayonPosted 1/3/2013 10:39:07 AM(edited)
Spider5800 posted...
Legion. Fills in the same role of a synthetic AND engineer, without the silly romance plot shoehorned in.

I like EDI. I hated her whole arc in ME3, though. Making her a squadmate felt like poor fanservice, and her romance with Joker was forced and added nothing of value to the game. Should have kept her as a talking beach ball IMO.

imma have to disagree...

they were pulling a Data.......and she was becoming human-ish.

worked really well when they revealed she started out as the rogue ai at the moon training base....and though i disliked Synthesis....it came off really well with the EC version with Edi's narration
---
I believe this topic and every message in it falls under the generally considered patently offensive category and demand a mod delete it!!
#12Nickious(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 10:45:30 AM(edited)
Rafficus_III posted...
Just going to vote Miranda until we get her. I posted my reasoning on her last thread. Can you also include the option of "No replacement"?

Next poll I suppose, wanted to use all the viable characters before throwing that on. I guess I could have just left Morinth out because really, who in their right mind would take her over Samara.

I wasn't expecting much popularity with EDI as a actual squadmate. Surprised.
---
"But... it was so artistically done." Thrawn
#13popichueloPosted 1/3/2013 10:45:13 AM
EDI was one of my favorite characters in ME3, both from a squad and story perspective. Keep her, still space Liara and Ashley/Kaidan. Space and then Thanix Cannon Liara even.
#14Spider5800Posted 1/3/2013 10:51:13 AM
Data went through multiple seasons of the show and a couple movies before really connecting with others emotionally (and even then, he had to shortcut it with an emotion chip). EDI went from a borderline emotionless AI to Joker's sexbot in less than a year (even taking both ME2 AND ME3 into account).

It was just too rapid a switch. And the way they went about getting her a body felt pretty dumb too. An 'infiltration bot' was sent to the base to kill everyone instead of just, you know, one of Cerberus's hundreds of agents? Doesn't that sound kinda silly to anyone else? Why go through all the trouble of making an advanced robot to do stuff a regular human could do?

It just felt like unnecessary fluff to put EDI in a body for fanboys to drool over. She was already a good character as the ship's AI, and she wasted a roster spot that could have been filled with a character that makes more sense.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#15MrPibbRulesPosted 1/3/2013 11:02:39 AM
No one, EDI was one of the few good things going for this game.
---
-Javik: You and the Quarian are...joined? -Shepard: You could say that. -Javik: She calls it your emergency induction port? Shepard: I should go.
#16NafzgerPosted 1/3/2013 11:06:30 AM
EDI was terrible. I wish there was an option for "anyone" to get her off my squad. Her place is the Normandy, not the front lines or as Joker's blowup doll.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#17ServarePosted 1/3/2013 11:14:55 AM
Either Jarvis or The Aviator AI.
---
Fons sapientiae, verbum Dei.
#18TheM00dPosted 1/3/2013 11:25:14 AM
I liked EDI but I really didn't want her for a squad mate.
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
#19LazyAssNinjaPosted 1/3/2013 11:40:56 AM
After much thought, I wouldn't replace her. I never used her much, only on occasions, but I feel with the way the story was set up there's no real reason to swap anyone out. Everyone served their purposes and had their places in the game, but that's just me. If I HAD to swap, I think I'd choose Miranda. I don't think Miranda played a big enough part in Mass Effect 3.
---
"Evil doesn't worry about not being good." - The Grey Warden
#20coomobilePosted 1/3/2013 11:46:42 AM
Legion.

I agree that EDI was too forced.