Who would you replace EDI with?

#21Nickious(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 10:55:55 AM
Oh yeah and when I mean replace her, I don't mean she's gone. I just mean that her physical platform that goes into combat is gone. Just in case some were getting confused.
---
"But... it was so artistically done." Thrawn
#22turtle225Posted 1/3/2013 11:05:26 AM
I wouldn't replace her, though legion would be a good replacement, if there were to be any
---
,=,e
#23some09guy IIPosted 1/3/2013 11:05:43 AM
Meh. This is sort of like making a poll about how one would fix the story.

I think the entire squad was f*****. Vega should never have been introduced, EDI had no need for a body, and Liara and Tali could have both been much more useful elsewhere, which basically leaves Garrus, Javik and VS as the only squadmates I think should've stuck around. Jack, Grunt, Samara, Jacob, Legion, and maybe Zaeed all should have returned instead, with Miranda, Mordin, Wrex, Kasumi, Thane, and Morinth all having pretty good reason to no longer stick around.
#24Wii0playerPosted 1/3/2013 11:19:41 AM
Kasumi or Legion
---
"In Mass Effect 3, the path to victory is less clear at the outset. You wont just find some long-lost Reaper off button."-Casey ******* Hudson.
#25Rafficus_IIIPosted 1/3/2013 11:37:49 AM
Her whole involvement was more than likely centered on 1) to make up for any ME2 casualties and 2) to give a lens for the Synthetics. While I like her powerset and the assets she brings, I'm iffy on a few things with her storyline. She doesn't really give a static image to alleviate the end choice. One minute, I see her as a life form worth saving via Synthesis, the next minute I hear her justifying the Catalyst's logic when conversing with Javik about needing to destroy the creators; while there is logic to her stance, it is a tad disconcerting and remains at the back of your mind. The romance with her and Joker was rather peculiar and it just came off as "different" to me. I enjoyed her humor and especially her monologue during the Synthesis EC ending. I liked her, I just wish she was more static with a certain alignment in the Organic v Synthetic debate; kind of like the trump card which outright and can conclusively prove the Catalyst wrong. Had she not exemplified the Catalyst's logic at certain points, I have greatly appreciated her more.
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://i48.tinypic.com/15mbg2t.jpg | The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
#26TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 1/3/2013 11:57:44 AM
I liked EDI, although I can see why people disliked the romance thing.

I actually however, wanted Kasumi to join for ME3. There was something I really liked about her character, I'd have romanced her if given the choice....

http://tinyurl.com/2bdbxyb

No, no, I think I was good with Miranda.
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
Black 2 FC: 2967 6431 8466 [Josh]
#27Carribean_CoolPosted 1/3/2013 2:00:43 PM
Legion. Hell I'd replace Tali with Legion too. EDI as a squaddie just ruins the squad for me. The whole idea was stupid too. Its like they were grasping at straws to not include a ME2 character. It just screams copout. I'd rather have another new character like Vega as opposed to EDI, at least it would have made more sense.

We deserved to have Legion on the squad in ME3 regardless, since we got screwed out of having him earlier, and only having him for 2 story missions in ME2.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#28sir_fredingtonPosted 1/3/2013 2:11:56 PM(edited)
Carribean_Cool posted...
Legion. Hell I'd replace Tali with Legion too. EDI as a squaddie just ruins the squad for me. The whole idea was stupid too. Its like they were grasping at straws to not include a ME2 character. It just screams copout. I'd rather have another new character like Vega as opposed to EDI, at least it would have made more sense.

We deserved to have Legion on the squad in ME3 regardless, since we got screwed out of having him earlier, and only having him for 2 story missions in ME2.

Yeah legion's skill set is very similar to tali's. I don't understand all the tali love. I find her to be one of the most annoying characters. I almost want to go back and make a me2 save file where I kill her off.

Anyways, it would have been cool if legion joined your squad after uploading the reaper code. He could be upgraded from me2 and have some new abilities because of this. Maybe he could even interface with the Normandy and give it his reaper upgrades. Although knowing bioware, it'll probably end up being a measly 5% increase to one of your stats via glyph's terminal.
#29garanPosted 1/3/2013 2:24:01 PM
I actually really like EDI even though her inclusion is a bit iffy. I love her power set and would not want to replace her with anyone.

I voted Miranda though because she is the character I want in my party the most, other than the almighty Wrex.
#30sheepman23Posted 1/3/2013 2:26:15 PM
There's no real reason not to include Miranda in the squad. Give her Overload, Incinerate, Warp, and Slam, and she fits the role of Sentinel quite nicely if Kaidan is not present.
---
Xbox Live GT - Sheepman2342