ME2 insanity run questions

#21Halo_ForeverPosted 1/5/2013 4:33:31 AM
Nafzger posted...
I did it with a vanguard and it was pretty easy except for two or three missions. But everyone tells me I'm crazy and vanguard is the hardest class with which to try insanity.

Good Vanguard play is fast and effective. Since most people don't play them like that Charge instead becomes an instant death button. Even then I'd rather have a Vanguard than the two weapon classes since I already have shotguns so I can focus on taking ARs or sniper rifles. A Vanguard can play through Insanity just relying on weapons.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#22pprincessPosted 1/5/2013 6:55:07 AM
Infiltrator with Cloak.

Unless you know ME 2 maps extremely well, including what enemies there are and where they emerge from, you're going to be spending a lot of time in cover. If you know the maps well you can plan where you're going to charge in and exactly what enemies to kill in which order. Unless you know the game so very well to play Soldier or Vanguard, then every other job you're going to have to pick cover spots. Infiltrator with Cloak lets you disappear and run to cover or another part of the map, which is a bit more forgiving if you've made a mistake in your positioning or missed a shot. Sentinel, Engineer, Adept are all somewhat squishy and on Insanity you're dead in 1-2 hits. Cloak allows you to disappear for a few seconds and take cover which can save you from dying and having to start a section over again.
#23XavierHollywoodPosted 1/5/2013 7:21:24 AM
pprincess posted...
Infiltrator with Cloak.

Unless you know ME 2 maps extremely well, including what enemies there are and where they emerge from, you're going to be spending a lot of time in cover. If you know the maps well you can plan where you're going to charge in and exactly what enemies to kill in which order. Unless you know the game so very well to play Soldier or Vanguard, then every other job you're going to have to pick cover spots. Infiltrator with Cloak lets you disappear and run to cover or another part of the map, which is a bit more forgiving if you've made a mistake in your positioning or missed a shot. Sentinel, Engineer, Adept are all somewhat squishy and on Insanity you're dead in 1-2 hits. Cloak allows you to disappear for a few seconds and take cover which can save you from dying and having to start a section over again.

dont listen to this guy. Under no circumstances is a Sentinel with tech armor squishy. In fact, the sentinel laughs at cover. They are near impervious tanks, and even when your tech armor is dropped you can spec it to release a massive shockwave that flattens everyone. At this point you simply turn the tech armor back on.