Soloing Gold

#1JediWatchmenPosted 1/6/2013 11:52:38 PM
are the two best gold solo characters The krogaurd and geth soldier as i have both . what maps and builds and enemies would be the best for it
---
The Blackest Night falls from the skies.The darkness grows as all light dies.We crave your hearts and your demise. By my black hand...The dead shall rise!
#2MightyMillersPosted 1/7/2013 12:01:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SokXJGxCWRU

This guy does a guide for an "easy mode" on platinum and he recommends Geth Trooper. I have been following some of his techniques recently and have found my game have improved a lot.
#3xKryptonKnightxPosted 1/7/2013 12:03:07 AM
Turian ghost is also a good choice. But yeah, I did with it with the kroguard. You definitely want geth as the faction. As for map, I'm not sure. I did mine on Jade and Goddess to kind of speed things up.
---
Beware the fury of a patient man.
GT: xMarvel Knightx
#4JediWatchmen(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 12:40:45 AM
might have to modified it abit since the acolyte is charge up again.
---
The Blackest Night falls from the skies.The darkness grows as all light dies.We crave your hearts and your demise. By my black hand...The dead shall rise!
#5MightyMillersPosted 1/7/2013 3:47:10 AM
Yeah you will probably need a different weapon. The charge up time is a killer on a solo gold attempt.
#6twinstarnumber1Posted 1/7/2013 4:52:27 AM
I've solo'd Reapers on gold a number of times, IMO much better experience than Geth. Sure the Geth have no sync kill enemies but, Banshee's and Brutes are the only ones who can sync kill and they're absurdly easy to avoid. Also you don't have to worry about being stun locked the entire match. Just my opinion as everyone seems to recommend the Geth.
---
XBL Gamertag: Mydarkstar --- PSN: Mydarkstar
#7SRR CapdownPosted 1/7/2013 4:58:13 AM
I think the Geth are only advised if you're playing the Krogan Vanguard, simply because of Biotic Charge.

On the subject of Gold solo though, can someone give me some tips for the 4x hack objectives. I've tried to solo Gold about 5 times and have literally had this come up at wave 3 every time. I've tried leading the enemies away, but it never seems to work and I end up getting downed a lot.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#8jkocka00Posted 1/7/2013 5:09:00 AM
All you can really do is get as far away from the point as possible and wait for the enemies to come to you. Then run like crazy to the point and hope. It is definitely the hardest objective to do solo. TGI with duration cloak makes it easier.
---
The artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as Goddess King, The White King (map not race-I'm Brazilian)
GT: Kocka007
#9Tec187Posted 1/7/2013 6:02:54 AM
Reeguard vs Geth is really easy

However, Huntress vs. Reapers are easier imho.
Throw on some lv3 or 4 stuff and you kill banshees and brutes in seconds, and everything else even faster.

Nothing ever really comes close to you, and if it does, just back away a bit.
Can stay in cover pretty much constantly and just cast from there.
---
ULCE #: 12.834
~ "I don't need luck, I have ammo" ~ Grunt, ME3
#10gunholePosted 1/7/2013 6:27:16 AM
Tec187 posted...
However, Huntress vs. Reapers are easier imho.
Throw on some lv3 or 4 stuff and you kill banshees and brutes in seconds, and everything else even faster.

Nothing ever really comes close to you, and if it does, just back away a bit.
Can stay in cover pretty much constantly and just cast from there.

I'm not into soloing, but if I did this would be my choice...
---
*gamertag