In terms of gameplay only, how come ME2 insanity more fun than ME3?

#1pcmike2Posted 1/8/2013 10:31:54 AM
Me2 is harder than me3 for sure, but why do I feel it's more fun? Anyone else feel this way?
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#2bessy67Posted 1/8/2013 10:37:37 AM(edited)
ME3 insanity is just too easy, especially after playing a lot of gold matches in MP. I also feel like the level designm sidequest variety and crewmates were better in ME2
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3FlyingholePosted 1/8/2013 10:49:12 AM
Mass effect the better looking!
---
British people have the accents. Not Americans. I can prove it.
#4jcllcjPosted 1/8/2013 11:11:22 AM
More teammates to choose from, less powers, more enemy types, plus it was challenging since you have limited mobility.
#5thehandcannon4Posted 1/8/2013 11:20:18 AM
Most people said it already but the actual challenge level was much higher in ME2 insanity. It encouraged power and squadmate experimentation. ME3 insanity is easy enough that you can do whatever you want without a specialized strategy and it will work.
---
~Killing lies
#6fennell92Posted 1/8/2013 11:24:39 AM
I think it's more that SP as a whole isn't as fun anymore because of MP.
#7AnonymousFriendPosted 1/8/2013 12:30:10 PM
I have more fun in ME3 because I'm not just sitting behind a counter spamming the same two power whittling down three layers of protection.
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
#8Talon5967Posted 1/8/2013 12:40:42 PM
fennell92 posted...

I also think the MP had a hand. With the level you need to develop to the play Gold and (I'm assuming, since I haven't tried it myself) Platinum, it takes you to a point that SP just can't compete with.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega
#9CORNBRE4DPosted 1/8/2013 2:13:25 PM
AnonymousFriend posted...
I have more fun in ME3 because I'm not just sitting behind a counter spamming the same two power whittling down three layers of protection.

True, in ME2 you just spam Overload and warp, then finish them.
---
Twitter.com/CORNBRE4D - XBOX LIVE: it is Cornbread
Music: http://www.datpiff.com/profile/IX_Cornbread_XI
#10Rogue MuttPosted 1/8/2013 2:27:03 PM
Talon5967 posted...
fennell92 posted...

I also think the MP had a hand. With the level you need to develop to the play Gold and (I'm assuming, since I haven't tried it myself) Platinum, it takes you to a point that SP just can't compete with.

I keep hearing this, but I think I actually need to go try it for myself. I beat Insanity before really starting Gold in MP, so it would be interesting to see the difference.

And I don't know if I'd say ME2 was more fun than 3. Insanity in 2 was brutal in parts, and down right punished certain power choices.
---
BSG