It seems people don't really get what Bioware means with "artistic integrity"

#1pcmike2Posted 1/8/2013 1:25:19 PM
(ENDING SPOILERS)

Everyone feels that Bioware actually WANTED the ending in the ec dlc. That may be true, but I feel that they use the terms "artistic vision" in the sense that Bioware being a corporation would rather spend money + time on clarifying the vanilla ending with a slideshow rather than making a new one.

What is the #1 thing corporations follow? Make as much $ as possible.

As if the lack of polish this game isn't enough to show that Biwoare is more about $ now, with the javik dlc and omega being an overpriced 1200 msp dlc with bad reviews all over, I feel Bioware uses the words "artisitc integrity" in an attempt to show the public that their story is meaningful and important to the universe when really to me, it's them saying "we would rather make up for the lack of ending to the consumers with clarification and a slideshow than making an entirely new ending, because that would take more time and money"
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#2NonoruPosted 1/8/2013 1:27:40 PM
You're ten months late and nobody cares anymore.
---
Waiting for FFXIIIvs, KH III,Bioshock Inf.
#3andy12handyPosted 1/8/2013 1:28:27 PM
Lighting a flame which died out long ago.

You, a man who has delved so deep, and so greedily, will find, only shadow, and flame.
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
#4bessy67Posted 1/8/2013 1:29:12 PM
andy12handy posted...
Lighting a flame which died out long ago.

You, a man who has delved so deep, and so greedily, will find, only shadow, and flame.

Run! It's a Balrog!
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#5pcmike2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 1:29:43 PM
Nonoru posted...
You're ten months late and nobody cares anymore.

I should have clarified.

I'm writing this because Chris Priestly over at bsn prema closed the IT thread, and forced the users following the IT to go into a group instead of restarting the thread. Now there are threads all over bsn complaining how Bioware doesn't want to change the endings because of "artisic integrity"
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#6edgecrusher02Posted 1/8/2013 1:40:48 PM
i think they dont want to change the ending because the enemy is machines. unless they are going to change it to them being evil "just because" and for the sake of having a traditional villain(which i would call lazy writing), there is only one logical way to really do evil machines. machines get created with a purpose, by organics. so unless they want to change the entire premise, meaning that we have absolutely no idea what is really going on and they released DLC that is in actuality just a bunch of false information, they arent changing it. call it artistic integrity or whatever you want. there is a story there and it is the most plausible considering the enemy is in fact machines.
---
religion is flawed because man is flawed
#7infinitexxPosted 1/8/2013 3:03:25 PM
Space Magic.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#8LilyxLightningPosted 1/8/2013 3:05:45 PM
1. The Extended Cut ending is exactly the same as the original ending, just with additional cutscenes that reiterate information you were already told. Because some people needed an Ending for Dummies.

2. Free DLC = only caring about money?

3. Omega received good reviews. Just read Kotaku's.

4. Typical delusional Retroller.
---
Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.
#9edgecrusher02Posted 1/8/2013 3:09:11 PM
infinitexx posted...
Space Magic.

technically... this is right. i mean this is science fiction.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke

not sure why everyone chose this one instance to freak out about it over all the others. and this one even has an explanation as to why we would consider it "magic" in that the reapers are the oldest living thing in the galaxy and have amassed an insane amount of information along the way. any technology they use would be above the understanding of any of the cycles.
---
religion is flawed because man is flawed
#10gunsndrosesPosted 1/8/2013 3:09:58 PM
Im quite glad Bioware hasn't given in to the whiners, and completely changed the ending. I loved it. It's their work, their game, their medium- their so called "fans" shouldn't be so self-entitled as to wanting them to change it.
---
I think, therefore I am