General Gold tips

#1gunsndrosesPosted 1/8/2013 5:39:38 PM
I had started playing multiplayer last week. I've gotten to a point where when on Silver, I absolutely dominate. Highest score, rarely die, etc.

Naturally, I decided to step it up to gold. And nothing is the same. I'll be lucky to have a fraction of the score of other players, let alone survive.

Meanwhile, you people here make gold and even platinum sound so trivial. What, then, is key to success on Gold? What are some good example classes and weapons?
---
I think, therefore I am
#2Mr_PipboyPosted 1/8/2013 5:44:57 PM
The single most important piece of information is learning about enemy spawns. Learn what troops spawn on what wave, learn each map and where enemies will spawn based on where your team is at the start of the wave.

If you know what's out there and what direction its coming from, you can easily kill things quickly.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#3WatermelonFartsPosted 1/8/2013 5:46:37 PM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
The single most important piece of information is learning about enemy spawns. Learn what troops spawn on what wave, learn each map and where enemies will spawn based on where your team is at the start of the wave.

If you know what's out there and what direction its coming from, you can easily kill things quickly.

the only map spawns i know is glacier and i do perfectly fine
---
Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.
#4Mr_PipboyPosted 1/8/2013 5:49:12 PM
WatermelonFarts posted...
Mr_Pipboy posted...

I think you've played enough to know them all. Maybe not consciously, but I bet you can tell where any enemy will spawn on any wave based on where the team is position.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#5jkocka00Posted 1/8/2013 5:50:59 PM
Mr_Pipboy posted...

Once again Ryan, thanks for the help. I am sure you are well aware, though where the enemy won't be with relation to you and your teammates at the start of each wave.

I agree with Pip, know your enemy and where they will spawn. Use cover and abuse right hand advantage so you can hit the enemy but it can't hit you.
---
The artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as Goddess King, The White King (map not race-I'm Brazilian)
GT: Kocka007
#6WatermelonFartsPosted 1/8/2013 5:53:19 PM
jkocka00 posted...
Mr_Pipboy posted...

Once again Ryan, thanks for the help. I am sure you are well aware, though where the enemy won't be with relation to you and your teammates at the start of each wave.

I agree with Pip, know your enemy and where they will spawn. Use cover and abuse right hand advantage so you can hit the enemy but it can't hit you.

i've given up on helping people unless it's in my own threads because people like to be smartasses and not use their brain to figure out simple stuff i left out, or they're just ungrateful in general

***** all you want, hasn't stopped me before
---
Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.
#7Urdnot_RuntPosted 1/8/2013 5:57:31 PM
Hit the enemies hard when they spawn and then kite them back to a defensible position. And never get too comfortable because sometimes you just have to bug out and relocate
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#8gunsndroses(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 5:58:11 PM
jkocka00 posted...
Mr_Pipboy posted...

i've given up on helping people unless it's in my own threads because people like to be smartasses and not use their brain to figure out simple stuff i left out, or they're just ungrateful in general

***** all you want, hasn't stopped me before

From the various posts I've seen from you here on the boards, I've come to the conclusion that you are insanely condescending and just simply mean overall..
---
I think, therefore I am
#9WatermelonFartsPosted 1/8/2013 6:00:25 PM
that's what new people usually see
---
#10gunsndroses(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 6:06:44 PM
that's what new people usually see

Is there something else that's supposed to be viewable? Because I see nothing..
---
I think, therefore I am