Which of these classes will have the easiest time soloing Silver?

#1BakusaiTenketsuPosted 1/9/2013 12:27:01 AM
Or even Gold, assuming I set all parameters to specific level and enemies if I have to.

Human Adept
Ex-Cerberus Adept
Human Soldier
Turian Soldier
Human Sentinel
Turian Sentinel
Human Engineer
Salarian Engineer
Vorcha Hunter
Human Infiltrator
Male Quarian Infiltrator
Female Quarian Infiltrator
Human Vanguard
Ex-Cerberus Vanguard

These are all the characters I have unlocked. Money making is SO slow and it's difficult to get more items, weapons, and even new classes. Today I tried getting in groups about a dozen times, and it was so slow, there was one point where even with all parameters open (including difficulty Bronze to Plat), I still couldn't get a group.

I was able to solo Bronze with my Human Vanguard, but the income is so slow, and when I tried to do Silver using the same tactics as Bronze, I ended up eating dirt a lot more. I'm sure with practice and more caution, i can still do it, but just curious if anything else I currently have available does rather well on Silver or Gold solo, and what build would be recommended for it.

I still intend to group when I can, I was just hoping for some options for if I can't group and HAVE to solo.

My unlocks overall are fairly weak, here is my profile if anyone has suggestions:
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=Toogeloo&platform=ps3
---
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3156/couchpotatocat.gif
#2FullMetalManiaPosted 1/9/2013 12:33:28 AM
Male Quarian Infiltrator or Human Vanguard.
---
"Welcome to the internet, where everyone gets off to EVERYTHING."
~kingkaze187
#3KarmaZeroPosted 1/9/2013 12:39:06 AM
one of the quarian infiltrators with your black widow should be pretty good
#4ArchMageSynokPosted 1/9/2013 12:41:30 AM(edited)
The Human Vanguard vs. Geth is the most newbie friendly solo build. Get your recharge speed to 200%, then just spam charge, then nova, nova, charge, nova, nova (using half blast for the double nova), repeat...will make your invincible on silver and bronze (if you are host).

Otherwise just strap your Black Widow on any infiltrator.

Human soldier is also great with a claymore since you can use adren rush to instantly reload for a two shot claymore.
---
http://i.imgur.com/UNFgs.jpg
#5code_kirinPosted 1/9/2013 12:40:21 AM
There's no reason you'd need to solo. Except a crappy team I guess. Even dead weight teammates will make a run go faster... usually.

I'm a ps3 player myself, and I have no trouble finding a group unless I play at some weird hour in the morning. Had the most jacked up match the other night with underequipped pubs because I couldn't find anyone else...
#6Tec187Posted 1/9/2013 12:40:51 AM
Here's a tip buddy:

When you click "start search" and it doesn't find you a game within the first 5 seconds - and yes i do mean 5 seconds, then cancel the search and search again.

Rinse and repeat.
You may have to do it a few times, but it always works for me.
If i don't cancel the search, I can sit there searching for a long arse time, but if i cancel and search again, it puts me right into a lobby.

Don't ask me why, but it works (for me at least) - try it out.
---
ULCE #: 12.834
~ "I don't need luck, I have ammo" ~ Grunt, ME3
#7ArchMageSynokPosted 1/9/2013 12:45:09 AM
make sure you also have all the MP dlc downloaded (it's free), if not, finding a match will be nearly impossible.
---
http://i.imgur.com/UNFgs.jpg
#8JamItInPosted 1/9/2013 12:48:19 AM
On 360 I generally have no problem finding matches at almost any time I play. Not sure if PS3 community is the same.
---
Uh huh uh uh, uh huh, uh huh, uh huh. ~ Jay-Z Hard Knock Life
#9MightyMillersPosted 1/9/2013 1:21:28 AM
An infiltrator with one of those widow sniper rifles would probably be a good way to go as long as you learn to run away a lot.

But may I suggest you rank your characters to level 20 before you solo.
---
GT: Miller Rodge
#10TyrannicalPosted 1/9/2013 3:58:47 AM
Turian infiltrator is what you want.

Cloak + stimpacks + grenade capacity
---
Australian customs: Do you have a criminal record?
Me: I didn't think you needed one anymore.