Bioware at it once again! Complaining about customers is a full time job

#21Finish_th_FightPosted 1/10/2013 2:27:37 PM
Nafzger posted...
I don't see why it's a big deal to tell them they screwed up and ask for them to redo it. If I went to a restaurant and the food they brought out wasn't acceptable, I would ask for them to redo it as well.

Telling them they screwed up isnít a problem as far as Iím concerned. However the ridiculous rage was uncalled for. Itís also been what 9 months? In sort some fans completely overreacted and canít seem to move on. If you didnít like the ending I respect that.. but life goes on.
#22pcmike2Posted 1/10/2013 2:28:41 PM(edited)
Finish_th_Fight posted...
gunsndroses posted...
Can't blame 'em, honestly. ME fans are some of the most self-entitled I've ever seen, especially after the whole ending controversy.

This

I could say the complete opposite and be just as justified as your statement
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#23Will446(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 2:38:35 PM(edited)
Spider5800 posted...
People have been whining (not criticizing, WHINING) about DA2 on BSN for over a year. Every possible relevant criticism about this was heard MONTHS ago. There is literally nothing left to add to this discussion, and STILL fanboys bring it up, every time a Bioware employee is in earshot.

I didn't see a single thing listed in that link that wasn't true. Internet forums ARE toxic, and he would gain nothing from visiting them at this point he doesn't already know.

Seriously, TC. LET IT GO. He's not wrong to avoid forums, and frankly, some of his best writing occured during DA1, long before any of these idiots decided to share their opinions about the DA universe on the internet.

I think the best way to think about it is how people feel about how Joel Schumacher screwed up the Batman series. Think about how much time has passed and people still can't forgive him. Go to IMDB and thats all that is being talked about.

The problem is as customers Bioware in their new direction has responded with force and nagging on the customer. In the case of Stanley Woo the customer is out right insulted. Even EA's HR department has noticed the problems at Bioware.

Stanley Woo wrote in his blog one year ago HR brought him in and helped him realize on how he no longer likes his job. Now he is jobless but allowed to come back by another disgruntled worker and now works.... for free!

Dragon Age Origins was an amazing game and let's face it once Dragon Age Origins was over most of the Bioware talent left. Those who stayed like Brent Knowles who is the God of Dragon Age and Bioware's Neverwinter Nights remake noticed people like Gaider were gaining more clout and eventually Brent Knowles left and is very vocal about the horrible decisions that were starting to happen.

Now you got an entire team with an agenda that the public rejected. They get paid by EA not the customer so they really do not answer to us but EA and this is sort of why they think they can get away with this.

________

EA has reacted last year hundreds of Bioware employees were fired or in the case of Stanley Woo forced to resign. Command and Conquer was taken away from Bioware and the studio making the game was renamed Victory Games. Though when clicking on the link it links you back to Bioware.

Bioware's failures are Biowares fault.
#24Finish_th_FightPosted 1/10/2013 2:32:34 PM
pcmike2 posted...
gunsndroses posted...
Can't blame 'em, honestly. ME fans are some of the most self-entitled I've ever seen, especially after the whole ending controversy.

This

Why are you responding to a person who agreed with a statement instead of responding to the person who originally made it? As far as your comment goes.. of course you can justify your own opinionsÖ well I would hope you can.
#25edgecrusher02Posted 1/10/2013 2:34:03 PM
Nafzger posted...
I don't see why it's a big deal to tell them they screwed up and ask for them to redo it. If I went to a restaurant and the food they brought out wasn't acceptable, I would ask for them to redo it as well.

lol, thats a little different. with food you know what you are getting and something like chicken isnt supposed to just randomly have something ridiculous on it like chocolate. and if you order something from a menu and it has a description of what it comes as and its wrong, then yes. but this is a fictional story that someone else wanted to tell and we are choosing to experience it. if someone wants to create something then they should do it. its totally ok to criticize it and give examples as to why you think its bad, but thats where it stops. regardless of whether or not anyone wants to admit it, fictional stories are art. the game itself and how it works are not, but the story is.
---
religion is flawed because man is flawed
#26gunsndrosesPosted 1/10/2013 2:35:04 PM
pcmike2 posted...
gunsndroses posted...

This

Let's be honest here.

A video game is considered a volume of artistic work. Artists create as they see fit. Now, get this- and this is the really funny part- because some people didn't like the work, they flew into a fit of rage and demanded, petitioned, and even filed legal suit against the creator in order to get it changed.

Imagine if people nowadays were outraged over the Mona Lisa, or Adele's "Someone Like You." Wouldn't it be insane if some idiots tried to get the artists (let's pretend Da Vinci isn't dead for a moment) to change their work just because it wasn't well-received?

It was BioWare's work. They could do as they saw fit with the ending. It was theirs to decide, not their whining, self-entitled, introverted fanbase.

This is why the ending-controversy was so absolutely insane.

Now, I'm making a lot of generalizations here. Not every ME fan is like this; in fact, most don't give two ****s, like myself. However, the "extremists" as I will call them are a vocal majority, and it is really annoying.
---
I think, therefore I am
#27Will446(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 2:38:42 PM
Nafzger posted...

Problem is that the new Bioware is doing many different and unpopular things that appeal to political groups. Gay Relationships has always been apart of their games even in games like KOTR there was a gay romance option.

Difference is now you actually lose points or get negative points for not being gay. Which has split gay gamers because on one hand it forces people to deal with it and on the other hand it makes gays look like they are sex crazed and places to a nasty stereotype.

So many outlets like Kotaku, and Destructoid defend and openly attack anyone who speaks out against the new direction of Bioware. In fact Jim Sterling of Destructoid wrote an entry blaming one person for the Hepler incident out of the thousands. Gay Rights Advocates then took the information and links set out by Sterling and next thing you know you had homosexuals sending that man photos of his kids on twitter claiming that he would rape them to teach him a lesson.

In fact those twitter posts are still there.
#28fennell92Posted 1/10/2013 2:43:26 PM(edited)
gunsndroses posted...
Let's be honest here.

A video game is considered a volume of artistic work. Artists create as they see fit. Now, get this- and this is the really funny part- because some people didn't like the work, they flew into a fit of rage and demanded, petitioned, and even filed legal suit against the creator in order to get it changed..

Just gonna play devil's advocate here: a videogame could be considered a product. If a product isn't up to standard, the consumer has a right to ask for it to be made up to standard, no?

Of course that doesn't justify threats to the creators, but wanting the best possible product is a part of being a consumer.
#29bessy67Posted 1/10/2013 2:42:50 PM
fennell92 posted...
gunsndroses posted...
Let's be honest here.

A video game is considered a volume of artistic work. Artists create as they see fit. Now, get this- and this is the really funny part- because some people didn't like the work, they flew into a fit of rage and demanded, petitioned, and even filed legal suit against the creator in order to get it changed..

Just gonna play devil's advocate here: a videogame could be considered a product. If a product isn't up to standard, the consumer has a right to ask for it to be made up to standard, no?

Of course that doesn't justify threats to the creators.

A videogame is definitely a product. This whole video games are art movement needs to stop. It's something that is designed to provide entertainment to the masses, and while it may have artistic touches it is not art.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#30Will446(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 2:44:35 PM
Nafzger posted...

Telling them they screwed up isnít a problem as far as Iím concerned. However the ridiculous rage was uncalled for. Itís also been what 9 months? In sort some fans completely overreacted and canít seem to move on. If you didnít like the ending I respect that.. but life goes on.

Pretty much Bioware is the Western version now of Square Enix. The same thing happened to Square Enix ten years ago. A new group of Japanese Game Makers have took over and ruined the series and people left the series in droves. The insane amount of fan sites that once were are now gone.

Funny thing the Bioware Writers had the nerve to call out Square Enix and say Final Fantasy is not a real RPG.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/bioware-man-ffxiii-is-not-an-rpg
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100653-BioWare-Final-Fantasy-XIII-is-Not-an-RPG
http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/8006/bioware-you-can-put-a-j-in-front-of-it-but-final-fantasy-13-isnt-an-rpg

Again Bioware writers are able to say negative things about anyone or any other company but again to dare speak about them and their new horrible work is blasphemy