Bioware at it once again! Complaining about customers is a full time job

#31edgecrusher02Posted 1/10/2013 2:46:38 PM
fennell92 posted...
gunsndroses posted...
Let's be honest here.

A video game is considered a volume of artistic work. Artists create as they see fit. Now, get this- and this is the really funny part- because some people didn't like the work, they flew into a fit of rage and demanded, petitioned, and even filed legal suit against the creator in order to get it changed..

Just gonna play devil's advocate here: a videogame could be considered a product. If a product isn't up to standard, the consumer has a right to ask for it to be made up to standard, no?

Of course that doesn't justify threats to the creators.

you are right, it is. but only the gameplay aspect of it. its both so its tricky. movies arent interactive and you dont see this level of what i will call overreaction. regardless of whether or not the game works or not... a fictional story cant be broken in the same way as it is just that, fiction. its what SOMEONE else wanted to tell and we choose to experience it. not everyone is going to like everything. i think it kind of became band wagon to hate on it personally. i could say more but i know how i will sound. either way, fiction is art.
---
religion is flawed because man is flawed
#32Will446(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 2:52:16 PM(edited)
gunsndroses posted...
pcmike2 posted...
Finish_th_Fight posted...
gunsndroses posted...
Can't blame 'em, honestly. ME fans are some of the most self-entitled I've ever seen, especially after the whole ending controversy.

This

I could say the complete opposite and be just as justified as your statement

Let's be honest here.

A video game is considered a volume of artistic work. Artists create as they see fit. Now, get this- and this is the really funny part- because some people didn't like the work, they flew into a fit of rage and demanded, petitioned, and even filed legal suit against the creator in order to get it changed.

Imagine if people nowadays were outraged over the Mona Lisa, or Adele's "Someone Like You." Wouldn't it be insane if some idiots tried to get the artists (let's pretend Da Vinci isn't dead for a moment) to change their work just because it wasn't well-received?

It was BioWare's work. They could do as they saw fit with the ending. It was theirs to decide, not their whining, self-entitled, introverted fanbase.

This is why the ending-controversy was so absolutely insane.

Now, I'm making a lot of generalizations here. Not every ME fan is like this; in fact, most don't give two ****s, like myself. However, the "extremists" as I will call them are a vocal majority, and it is really annoying.

EA is a company that has games made so they can make a profit. What they do is a service plain and simple. This is what Bioware was about before EA became daddy paying Bioware. Fact is now Bioware has a suger daddy they no longer have make games so the customer likes them.

However as shown last year you treat the customers like dirt and you make crap games.... people are stop going to paying EA for your 'work' and EA will then start firing. Last year EA let go a couple hundred Bioware workers and forced many like Stanley Woo to resign.

The fact that EA had to get HR involved and try to sit Stanley Woo down and help him realize he hates his job that says a lot. He even says this in his blog talking about how he felt having to be sit down and helped to understand his feelings.

Btw as for the ending they promised and advertised for years that there would be no A,B,C ending.
#33jessica73Posted 1/10/2013 3:03:22 PM(edited)

Just gonna play devil's advocate here: a videogame could be considered a product. If a product isn't up to standard, the consumer has a right to ask for it to be made up to standard, no?

Of course that doesn't justify threats to the creators, but wanting the best possible product is a part of being a consumer.

Yes, agree 100%

Difference is now you actually lose points or get negative points for not being gay. Which has split gay gamers because on one hand it forces people to deal with it and on the other hand it makes gays look like they are sex crazed and places to a nasty stereotype.

to be fair, rivalry isn't even a bad thing, and you can get that little bit of it nullified pretty fast anyway.
it's been a while since i usually just avoid talking to anders in general, but I thought you could do it diplomatically and not even take that hit. Me3 of course, nothing like that happens if you decline.

The gay thing, i feel like it's become an shield, remember t\when they tried to pin winning the golden poo and other criticisms over people being mad about gay relationships in their games, instead of the games just being bad? lol.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/thebotqueen/ach.png
#34Urdnot_RuntPosted 1/10/2013 3:00:01 PM
The fans have every right to ask them to redo the game because they didn't like it.

Doesn't mean that it doesn't make them whiny, entitled children for doing so. This thread is like 'Exibit Z figure 1,000,000' of what Gaider is talking about in that post.

As someone who isn't exactly thrilled with how ME3 turned out, hating on a company for changing the formula to appeal to the masses is a sure sign of being a spoiled, whiny hipster who doesn't understand or appreciate capitalism and how the world works in general. Grow up.
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#35pcmike2Posted 1/10/2013 3:02:39 PM
gunsndroses posted...
pcmike2 posted...
Finish_th_Fight posted...
gunsndroses posted...
Can't blame 'em, honestly. ME fans are some of the most self-entitled I've ever seen, especially after the whole ending controversy.

This

I could say the complete opposite and be just as justified as your statement

Let's be honest here.

A video game is considered a volume of artistic work. Artists create as they see fit. Now, get this- and this is the really funny part- because some people didn't like the work, they flew into a fit of rage and demanded, petitioned, and even filed legal suit against the creator in order to get it changed.

Imagine if people nowadays were outraged over the Mona Lisa, or Adele's "Someone Like You." Wouldn't it be insane if some idiots tried to get the artists (let's pretend Da Vinci isn't dead for a moment) to change their work just because it wasn't well-received?

It was BioWare's work. They could do as they saw fit with the ending. It was theirs to decide, not their whining, self-entitled, introverted fanbase.

This is why the ending-controversy was so absolutely insane.

Now, I'm making a lot of generalizations here. Not every ME fan is like this; in fact, most don't give two ****s, like myself. However, the "extremists" as I will call them are a vocal majority, and it is really annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RhXAgq00Qg&feature=channel&list=UL

Armando Troisi explains in this video how important the connection between shepard and the player is for a game like mass effect. Now it's still not THE player's game, the players have no say in the structure of the story of mass effect 1 & 2, but making the endings and things in me3 like autogialougue are insulting to the player as described in the vid. The unpolished game of mass effect 3 also shows that Bioware is inadequate in producing a fleshed out game that shows your choices having any sort of impact. You can believe the "fans are entitled whiny brats", but most people wouldn't agree with you from said video and the insults that me3 put out.
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#36gunsndrosesPosted 1/10/2013 3:03:33 PM
Why does everybody justify asking to get the game redone? Who are you to say that something isn't art?
---
I think, therefore I am
#37jessica73Posted 1/10/2013 3:08:28 PM
I don't think they should redo the game - it might be even worse
I don't think games are art.. even if they were, i guess it could still be art, after all there is bad/incompleted art in other media like books/paintings/movies
---
http://i.imgur.com/gwBPY.png
#38MikeM5Posted 1/10/2013 3:15:05 PM
Difference is now you actually lose points or get negative points for not being gay. Which has split gay gamers because on one hand it forces people to deal with it and on the other hand it makes gays look like they are sex crazed and places to a nasty stereotype.

Yep. And while there are a lot of of athiests/non-religous types who play video games and many who are too immature to have any deep convictions/beliefs beyond what MTV pushes as political correctness these days

And there's the fact that the gay community actually only makes up like 1-2% of the world and when you pander to them it alienates most of the bible believing or tradtional marriage supporting world. Let's not get into what is wrong and what is not - let's just look at the facts.

...And so many are not suprised that Bioware's downfall is inevitable
#39Spartan0fCha0s8Posted 1/10/2013 3:15:37 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#40bessy67Posted 1/10/2013 3:15:43 PM
gunsndroses posted...
Why does everybody justify asking to get the game redone? Who are you to say that something isn't art?

Who are you to say that something is art? When something is designed to be mass produced as entertainment and sell as many copies as possible it is not art. It is a product. Just because something has a story does not make it art.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67