Bioware at it once again! Complaining about customers is a full time job

#331Finish_th_FightPosted 1/24/2013 6:02:42 AM
some09guy II posted...
Finish_th_Fight posted...
Trying to turn this into some deep, complicated mess reeks of justifying a lonely existence.

And trying to brush things aside as a personal issue reeks of cognitive dissonance.

This should be obvious but clearly you need the help. Itís a video game, you need to reevaluate your priorities my lonely friend.
#332Ryan-06Posted 1/24/2013 7:16:24 AM(edited)
^^^ Actually someguy has had good things to say. I agreed with his posts during that massive school shooting topic. but thats in the past. Most of us know our priorities. Its still a game.

terrysmay04 posted...
The_404s posted...
Get a load of this guy.

You think that terrible things don't become popular? Do you honestly, truly think that?
Yes, lots of people bought Mass Effect, lots of people with high hopes who were there at midnight releases (like myself), lots of people who thought Mass Effect's payed reviews were legitimate, lots of Gears of War fans who thought the explosions were cool and that James Vega looked awesome.

It's not hard to fool a bunch of people into doing things. You obviously have no idea how the business and commercial world works. You strike me as very young.

So, before anyone anywhere decides if something is good or not they should consult you?

You have to be the biggest turd I have ever encountered and I've been on the Bioware ME boards.

BTW I'm done, and I'm right, and now you know it.

Ignore him, he's established himself as the new douche bag of this board. And I've seen enough over the years. But this guy is flexing his internet muscles! Just read all his responses to various people. Neil Degrasse Tyson is scared!! =0
http://i.imgur.com/Bdi9K.jpg

The rest of us can just move on talk to the other regulars. Was here before launch, and as for his post the reviews did mean what they said. I felt the same. Started playing ME in 2008. Ended up being my fav series ever. ME2 still my #1 though lol. Looking forward to ME4, SP and MP. Time to move forward.
Maybe we should do MP some time, as long as I've seen you here, I never played once with you. got to go. Cheers.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
:3 http://i.imgur.com/sfR1P.gif
#333some09guy IIPosted 1/24/2013 7:33:28 AM(edited)
vigorm0rtis posted...
some09guy II posted...

If your fanbase is bad then what does that say about you or the product you're selling?

Very little, and never has. People enjoy-- or don't-- whatever they want, it doesn't mean anything to their merit as a person. I don't understand Bronies, may actually find some of them misguided, but I suppose it's no worse than my love of 50s and 60s B horror movies. Charles Dickens had the same problem when he wrote serials, a rabid fanbase that demanded that he retcon his work to fit how they felt it should end.

Rabid fans-- or the opposite-- who decide that you're a fanatic if you disagree with them are just stupid, no matter whether they fall on my 'side' or not.

...your work creates your own fanbase. If your fanbase "sucks" then it's a reflection of something you've done wrong.
#334edgecrusher02Posted 1/24/2013 7:45:35 AM
some09guy II posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...

...your work creates your own fanbase. If your fanbase "sucks" then it's a reflection of something you've done wrong.

well based on that statement, doesnt that say something about mass effect 2? if we are going to assume that logic then i would assume that the reason people reacted this way is because mass effect 2 was very simplified compared to mass effect 1 in almost every regard. it may still have had amazing dialogue, characters, and sidequests but it became an action shooter more than an RPG. not to mention that the narrative of that pitted you against an enemy that you were stopping and you had no idea why they were doing it but the game told you they were evil so you did it. mass effect 2 seems to have made it personal for some people and then in when you find out whats going on at the end of mass effect 3 its not like that at all. the story in mass effect 3 goes more with the story of mass effect 1 than more people realize. mass effect 2 while a good game, is the thing that has likely changed the fanbase in the way you are suggesting.
---
religion is flawed because man is flawed
#335some09guy IIPosted 1/24/2013 8:00:17 AM
edgecrusher02 posted...
some09guy II posted...

well based on that statement, doesnt that say something about mass effect 2? if we are going to assume that logic then i would assume that the reason people reacted this way is because mass effect 2 was very simplified compared to mass effect 1 in almost every regard. it may still have had amazing dialogue, characters, and sidequests but it became an action shooter more than an RPG. not to mention that the narrative of that pitted you against an enemy that you were stopping and you had no idea why they were doing it but the game told you they were evil so you did it. mass effect 2 seems to have made it personal for some people and then in when you find out whats going on at the end of mass effect 3 its not like that at all. the story in mass effect 3 goes more with the story of mass effect 1 than more people realize. mass effect 2 while a good game, is the thing that has likely changed the fanbase in the way you are suggesting.

Certainly. I'd say it says a lot about the company since around the EA takeover and think some argument could be made for even prior to that. It's not all writing or even ever-changing mechanics which get people up in arms, but also how they've conducted business and treated fans, from delaying Dragon Age for half a year for simultaneous console release then pulling support from it a year earlier than promised in favor of its (half-assed) sequel, to the like of Woo and Priestly severely alienating members of the fanbase, to petty lies about game features.

Pinning the negativity of the Bioware fanbase, or former fanbase, on any one game or issue would be to ignore a lot of things they done and created.
#336edgecrusher02Posted 1/24/2013 8:05:48 AM
some09guy II posted...
edgecrusher02 posted...
some09guy II posted...

Certainly. I'd say it says a lot about the company since around the EA takeover and think some argument could be made for even prior to that. It's not all writing or even ever-changing mechanics which get people up in arms, but also how they've conducted business and treated fans, from delaying Dragon Age for half a year for simultaneous console release then pulling support from it a year earlier than promised in favor of its (half-assed) sequel, to the like of Woo and Priestly severely alienating members of the fanbase, to petty lies about game features.

Pinning the negativity of the Bioware fanbase, or former fanbase, on any one game or issue would be to ignore a lot of things they done and created.

obviously EA has their issues and the majority of people agree with that. i never thought of delaying games as something negative because i would rather the game be polished. as for simultaneous console release, that doesnt affect the game itself and i think anyone would do that as it makes it easier in terms of distribution and marketing. i cant see being mad at that. i have yet to play dragon age 2 so i cant comment on that. i guess the sequels to the mass effect and dragon age franchises will determine a lot about where bioware is and where they will be in the future.
---
religion is flawed because man is flawed