Bioware at it once again! Complaining about customers is a full time job

#61Will446(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 3:52:54 PM(edited)
LilyxLightning posted...
Will446 posted...
They did this last year. Stanley Woo was forced to resign after EA's HR rep brought him in the office to help him realize he does no like his job (He said it on his own blog) and pissed off customers to the point to where many people stopped buying or using Bioware which caused mass firings as well as Bioware losing the Command and Conquer IP.

Which is why BioWare Victory is making the 2013 Commander and Conquer game.

It's so easy to find proof that anti-BioWare BS is BS. XD

Incorrect, 'Bioware Victory' or Bioware no longer is making Command and Conquer due to LARGE negative customer reaction to Bioware.

http://www.commandandconquer.com/

The studio behind it is now Victory Games. Go to http://www.commandandconquer.com/ and scroll down. EA is also renaming Bioware Austin after firing most of the staff.

The fact they need to change studio names from Bioware so people buy products is proof enough.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/08/mythic-victory-drop-39-bioware-39-label.aspx
#62LilyxLightningPosted 1/10/2013 3:52:13 PM
Will446 posted...
They do not have to but any business out there knows without customers and a good reputation you are nothing. That's why many businesses take reviews on Yelp seriously. Bioware is hurting on both ends because of horrible, horrible moves on their own part. SWTOR went from Two Million Players to under 300,000 in less then a year.

I was there. People at the right to be upset because they waited two weeks before launch to announce 80% of the features promised would be missing. I remember IGN doing a 'paid' review telling us not to worry. And Lionhead waited weeks after the game was released to edit it's own site because it was still advertising missing features.

Bioware advertised and marketed how Mass Effect's ending would not have an a, b, c ending.

Problem with us gamers is we do not have representation in Congress. Music something everyone is into if you all remember ten years back when Sony included the DRM rootkit pretty much the Government went right after them. We as gamers deal with a corrupt Gaming Press that gets items and money for good reviews. Which in the Radio world 'Pay to play' is illegal.

A representative in Congress isn't going to further your goals when they're completely delusional. Given the ease in which you can find the membership numbers of TOR, either you were lied to and are too lazy to verify what you'd like to believe, or you just don't really care about acknowledging reality.

...the more you hear from BioWare-bashers, the more delusional you realize they all are.
---
Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.
#63Will446(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 3:54:23 PM
LilyxLightning posted...
Will446 posted...
They do not have to but any business out there knows without customers and a good reputation you are nothing. That's why many businesses take reviews on Yelp seriously. Bioware is hurting on both ends because of horrible, horrible moves on their own part. SWTOR went from Two Million Players to under 300,000 in less then a year.

I was there. People at the right to be upset because they waited two weeks before launch to announce 80% of the features promised would be missing. I remember IGN doing a 'paid' review telling us not to worry. And Lionhead waited weeks after the game was released to edit it's own site because it was still advertising missing features.

Bioware advertised and marketed how Mass Effect's ending would not have an a, b, c ending.

Problem with us gamers is we do not have representation in Congress. Music something everyone is into if you all remember ten years back when Sony included the DRM rootkit pretty much the Government went right after them. We as gamers deal with a corrupt Gaming Press that gets items and money for good reviews. Which in the Radio world 'Pay to play' is illegal.

A representative in Congress isn't going to further your goals when they're completely delusional. Given the ease in which you can find the membership numbers of TOR, either you were lied to and are too lazy to verify what you'd like to believe, or you just don't really care about acknowledging reality.

...the more you hear from BioWare-bashers, the more delusional you realize they all are.

Are you the same guy who just told me 'Bioware Victory' is making Command and Conquer and telling me to get my facts straight?
#64LilyxLightningPosted 1/10/2013 3:55:09 PM
Will446 posted...
Incorrect, 'Bioware Victory' or Bioware no longer is making Command and Conquer due to LARGE negative customer reaction to Bioware.

The studio behind it is now Victory Games. Go to http://www.commandandconquer.com/ and scroll down. EA is also renaming Bioware Austin after firing most of the staff.

The fact they need to change studio names from Bioware so people buy products is proof enough.

And this is exactly why you hear people bashing the BSN community, because it's composed of people like you: delusional trolls with absolutely no willingness to accept reality.

It is really a waste a time to argue with a group dead bent on lying to everyone and themselves.
---
Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.
#65jessica73Posted 1/10/2013 3:58:05 PM(edited)
I doubt TOR even has 300k people now, it's so barren >_>

I remember that article too, man. Like IGN must have had a magical copy of the game for them to have removed some of the things they were talking about were in the game, like kids adopting your hairstyles/clothing choices.. Ugh ._.

Same with Bioware, but you'd think that fan reaction would have caused them not to go around saying s*** that isn't true >_> But I mean, you pay for that initial group you screw over with preorders/day 1 mania, with horrid word of mouth (DA2) and poor sales in future releases from reduced consumer confidence
---
http://raptr.com/badge/thebotqueen/fs_pc.png
#66Will446(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 3:57:51 PM
LilyxLightning posted...
Will446 posted...

And this is exactly why you hear people bashing the BSN community, because it's composed of people like you: delusional trolls with absolutely no willingness to accept reality.

It is really a waste a time to argue with a group dead bent on lying to everyone and themselves.

Delusional? Are you okay? You do understand Bioware Victory no longer exists? It was in the news that EA was removing Bioware from control of a lot of studios and firing Bioware Workers.

I have a link are you calling that a lie as well? Are you delusional, are you okay?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/08/mythic-victory-drop-39-bioware-39-label.aspx
#67xKryptonKnightxPosted 1/10/2013 4:03:06 PM(edited)
bessy67 posted...
gunsndroses posted...
Why does everybody justify asking to get the game redone? Who are you to say that something isn't art?

Who are you to say that something is art? When something is designed to be mass produced as entertainment and sell as many copies as possible it is not art. It is a product. Just because something has a story does not make it art.

Whats wrong with considering videogames as art? Sure its not the main intention for some franchises (Call of Duty for example), but other games do push for art as a selling point while also being a good game in general such as Limbo, Braid, Journey, Fez, etc.
---
Beware the fury of a patient man.
GT: xMarvel Knightx
#68meltor13Posted 1/10/2013 4:01:00 PM
Will446 posted...

meltor13 posted...

They don't have to listen to you

Bingo.

They are under no requirements to change anything about their product. You bought it, hopefully knowing fully what you were receiving (if not, you made an uninformed purchase and that is on your shoulders, not the manufacturer's).

BioWare isn't "hurting"...they're hiring. BW Montreal was just given it's first full blown game. SWTOR was a bit of a bomb. One studio doesn't reflect on the company as a whole, especially considering it has nothing to do with their main franchises, DA and ME, both of which obviously have enough support to continue making sequels. If BW is in trouble because of all those 'horrible, horrible' moves, I'd like to be in that kind of trouble.
---
MarioKart 64 Main: Bowser
GT: MELTOR13
#69Will446(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 4:04:27 PM
jessica73 posted...
I doubt TOR even has 300k people now, it's so barren >_>

I remember that article too, man. Like IGN must have had a magical copy of the game for them to have removed some of the things they were talking about were in the game, like kids adopting your hairstyles/clothing choices.. Ugh ._.

Same with Bioware, but you'd think that fan reaction would have caused them not to go around saying s*** that isn't true >_> But I mean, you pay for that initial group you screw over with preorders/day 1 mania, with horrid word of mouth (DA2) and poor sales in future releases from reduced consumer confidence

Project Ego which became to be known as Fable was a great idea. I remember the idea of cutting your name into a tree or planting a tree and watching it grow. Solid idea which never happened.

Dragon Age 2 I agree is a good example of you knew it was going to be bad so you offered amazing pre-order benefits but then once everyone started to pass around the word that the game was awful it really hurt Bioware but after three years of this crap coming from Bioware I don't know how much longer as a company Bioware will last till they are boxed up.
#70metroidman92Posted 1/10/2013 4:10:36 PM
wrexwrecks posted...
I'll tell you what: you make some art, then the whole Internet can trash it for what you perceive as unfair reasons, then we'll see how much fun reading forums and message boards becomes for you.

If you have no problem with it whatsoever and can honestly say, "Man, I suck and totally deserve this." then you can own the whole Internet as far as I'm concerned.

Reading that in Hank Hill's voice made it 10x funnier.
---
I'll be in my bunk...
One does not simply walk into Skuldafn.