Volus Mercenary Sentinel

#1SomboSteelPosted 1/10/2013 4:04:16 PM
I think that instead of Shield Boost, he should have had a unique version of Tech Armor that had the same effect of Shield Boost when detonated while also doing damage.

Thoughts?
#2YamatoBeatsPosted 1/10/2013 4:05:27 PM
Defense Matrix with attack properties?

Nerf.
#3WatermelonFartsPosted 1/10/2013 4:05:29 PM
no
---
Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.
#4Havoc49JPosted 1/10/2013 4:12:13 PM(edited)
This would definitely not be an improvement unless you make the tech armor automatically use rank 6 Shield Boost every 3 seconds. And we all know thats not going to happen.
---
King of London & Giant 12-4
#5turtle225Posted 1/10/2013 4:26:20 PM
don't mean to hijack, but can someone help me with the mercenary? I heard he can become pretty good with tech bursts though I can't get it quite right.

Played him once today and still did reallly well, but it was more my wraith II talking with my powers doing a little bit of distracting.

I under stand his powers aren't supposed to be powerful damage wise, though I would like to optimize them the best that I can.

On a side note, decoy works really well against phantoms.
---
,=,e
#6WatermelonFartsPosted 1/10/2013 4:27:33 PM
turtle225 posted...
don't mean to hijack, but can someone help me with the mercenary? I heard he can become pretty good with tech bursts though I can't get it quite right.

Played him once today and still did reallly well, but it was more my wraith II talking with my powers doing a little bit of distracting.

I under stand his powers aren't supposed to be powerful damage wise, though I would like to optimize them the best that I can.

On a side note, decoy works really well against phantoms.

cloak before you cast combat drone/decoy for best attempts at getting them to go for those

use a rapid fire weapon (i use CSMG) with incendiary, disruptor for tech bursts.
---
Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.
#7turtle225Posted 1/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
Ok that is kinda what I've been doing, albeit with the wraith. However, how to detonate the tech bursts/explosions? or do you have to rely on teammates for that?

Do combat drone rockets detonate explosions? I can't say I've ever seen them do it.
---
,=,e
#8WatermelonFartsPosted 1/10/2013 4:34:17 PM
turtle225 posted...
Ok that is kinda what I've been doing, albeit with the wraith. However, how to detonate the tech bursts/explosions? or do you have to rely on teammates for that?

Do combat drone rockets detonate explosions? I can't say I've ever seen them do it.

decoy explosion and drone explosion

shocks will also set up tech bursts
---
#9turtle225Posted 1/10/2013 4:35:17 PM
ok, thanks for the help.
---
,=,e
#10SomboSteel(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 4:50:58 PM
It would give him Tech Armor (or some variant, that all Sentinels are supposed to have), while letting him retain his support abilities and giving him a little more personal offensive power.

I dont see how that is worse than his current set up. The Volus are supposed to have "the best power armor that money can buy"; yet they have the same crappy decoy that the Salarians have, the same bland combat drone that the Humans have, and they dont even have Tech Armor (when they should have a more advanced version anyways).

It wouldnt unbalance him compared to other characters and would make him more like the Sentinel he is supposed to be. And if not my suggestion, he should at least have a unique version of decoy or combat drone.