Your opinion on power spamming?

#21bessy67Posted 1/13/2013 2:37:02 PM(edited)
PyroThrower posted...
Malzel posted...
PyroThrower posted...
Malzel posted...
On Bronze a Brute has 6000 armor

There is no character in the game that can one-shot a Brute with incinerate, even with full power gear.

Are you even reading my posts?! There's burn damage, anti-armor bonus, and it's possible someone else hit it from behind! So stop telling me what I did and didn't do!

Why not just admit you didn't one shot a Brute with Incinerate? It's not that you're making an incorrect claim, but you stated it was "well-placed and well-upgraded" and therefore giving yourself credit where no credit is due.

I honestly have no idea what the problem is here. What is the issue with what I said? Well placed meant I timed it right, and I upgraded it solely for damage, hence the well-upgraded.

Hey, what if while the Brute was charging someone had hit it with Overload? Tech Burst would take down that son of a gun...

That might actually be possible and is definitely not one-shotting it with incinerate...
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#22WatermelonFartsPosted 1/13/2013 2:37:04 PM
PyroThrower posted...
Malzel posted...
PyroThrower posted...
Malzel posted...
On Bronze a Brute has 6000 armor

There is no character in the game that can one-shot a Brute with incinerate, even with full power gear.

Are you even reading my posts?! There's burn damage, anti-armor bonus, and it's possible someone else hit it from behind! So stop telling me what I did and didn't do!

Why not just admit you didn't one shot a Brute with Incinerate? It's not that you're making an incorrect claim, but you stated it was "well-placed and well-upgraded" and therefore giving yourself credit where no credit is due.

I honestly have no idea what the problem is here. What is the issue with what I said? Well placed meant I timed it right, and I upgraded it solely for damage, hence the well-upgraded.

Hey, what if while the Brute was charging someone had hit it with Overload? Tech Burst would take down that son of a gun...

no it wouldn't of. tech bursts against armor do pitiful damage. a fire explosion, which is what would have happen if someone hit it with overload, would do more damage but not enough to kill it.
---
Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.
#23Talon5967Posted 1/13/2013 2:37:09 PM
PyroThrower posted...
Well, I saw what I saw. Technicalities aside, it has a full health bar, I fire off incinerate, as it's charging it's taking burn damage and suddenly it's dead. I was credited with the kill, but again, I don't know if somebody hit it while it was charging. I did get the Eye of the Hurricane achievement though.

A distinct possibility. I've tagged enemies with DoT powers, then watched as someone else took it out. I only hit it once, with the DoT at the beginning, but I still got credited for the kill. I think it has to do with the constant damage from the DoT still being in effect, so it registers as the last hit, even if it was someone else's attack that took it's health to zero.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega
#24PyroThrower(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 2:37:33 PM
WatermelonFarts posted...
I saw on the internet that President Obama is actually Osama bin Laden's child out of wedlock, but that doesn't mean it is true.

You didn't one shot a brute with incinerate.

That answers my question about whether it was hit from behind. I'll have to thank my teammates for that one!
---
http://gifsoup.com/view7/2943919/aran-ryan-o.gif
Soldier: I will send my condolences to your KANGAROO WIFE!
#25KhisanthPosted 1/13/2013 2:47:31 PM
I'll use a lot of powers depending on what character I have. Or I will hardly use them at all. That's the beauty of the game though - who you use can change how you play the game completely. It's a unique experience with each character.

As long as people are trying to help out the team I've never cared what they did or who they used. They can spam powers all day.
---
"If you can't do something smart, do something right." - Jayne Cobb, Serenity