I have some gold to spend and I want to ask about packs...

#11ServarePosted 1/15/2013 4:49:03 PM
All I know is, I spent almost a million on Reserve packs, rarely got characters, but maxed out one rare weapon and a few gears.

Then I played, earned another million, and started buying Arsenal packs. I unlocked three brand new characters immediately, all in the same pack, the next four packs netted me all Furys, and the remainder I had at least 1 character card each time.

I got three weapon power ups.

I think BW got the packs backwards...
---
Fons sapientiae, verbum Dei.
#12edgecrusher02Posted 1/15/2013 5:05:44 PM
only twice have i gotten a weapon in a reserves pack and only once have i gotten a character in an arsenal pack. however, there have been a few times where i have only gotten one weapon upgrade in an arsenal pack. that is annoying, id rather get characters if im not going to get weapons.
---
religion is flawed because man is flawed
#13dadanman3Posted 1/15/2013 5:49:09 PM
Dave4202 posted...
Safer_777 posted...
So Arsenal Packs are indeed better for UR weapons?

Yes. I think it might also be effected by how many cards you have maxed out too. I know once I got within like 10 cards away from having all my rare guns maxed, Arsenal Packs started spitting out UR's every 5 packs or so.

Yeah I'm almost maxed out on all my uncommons and veterans packs are spitting out rares roughly every 3-5. (I once got two rares from three packs)
#14FullMetalManiaPosted 1/15/2013 5:53:46 PM
I get more characters in Arsenal Packs than I have new weapons. It's all junk, in my opinion.
---
"Welcome to the internet, where everyone gets off to EVERYTHING."
~kingkaze187
#15Halo_ForeverPosted 1/15/2013 11:47:00 PM
Reserve Packs have been working properly for me, finally got the Destroyer, Geth Trooper + the other characters I wanted.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#16PhilOnDezPosted 1/16/2013 7:06:55 AM
Not counting UR weapons, I haven't gotten a single weapon out of the reserves packs, and I may have gotten a few common characters out of the arsenal packs but I really only check slots 1, 4, and 5 on them.

I have, however, finally started unlocking gear and attachments at a decent rate. I obviously can't back this up, but to me at least, it feels like the new packs just have lowered chances of characters or weapons instead of the increased chances that they claim. That helps explain why they don't always act like you would expect, to me at least.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#17Safer_777(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 3:45:51 PM
I bought 21 Arsenal Packs and got 3 UR weapons.No characters.All other were consumables.I don't know if it is luck or not.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#18SkyFelinePosted 1/18/2013 4:34:05 PM
Don't bother with arsenals. You'll get stuff like a shuriken upgrade.
---
Oh hai :3
#19Safer_777(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 5:39:58 AM
If you see my first post I say that I have all weapons except UR maxed.Still I think Arsenal packs have higher change for UR weapons but it is so small that it does't really matter.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#20TyrannicalPosted 1/19/2013 7:04:29 AM
Safer_777 posted...
I have all characters and all weapons except Ultra Rares maxed.Which pack should I get for Ultra Rare weapons?Are Arsenal better than PSP?

I'm in the same boat, and I've decided to buy all 60k spectre packs. Dollar for dollar, I don't think you get more URs in PSPs, and SPs keep you in equipment and level 3 consumables.
---
Australian customs: Do you have a criminal record?
Me: I didn't think you needed one anymore.