Mass Effect vs Star Wars

#1ExplicitxLEMURPosted 1/14/2013 6:57:32 PM
What Universe Would Win In A Fight? - Results (392 votes)
Star Wars
65.31% (256 votes)
Mass Effect
34.69% (136 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Me and my friend are battling this out, who would win and why?
---
Id rather live with a good question than a bad answer.
Aryeh Frimer. Take this as a example Bioware.
#2Wii0playerPosted 1/14/2013 6:59:05 PM
Star Wars curb stomps, no need for an explanation.
---
"In Mass Effect 3, the path to victory is less clear at the outset. You wont just find some long-lost Reaper off button."-Casey ******* Hudson.
#3phoenix52Posted 1/14/2013 6:59:47 PM
The Force.
---
Its like having a knitting contest between the best regular old lady knitter in the world and a guy who's superpower is specifically to be the best knitter ever
#4NidtendofreakPosted 1/14/2013 7:00:59 PM(edited)
Anyone who says Mass Effect doesn't know enough about the EU. Its not even remotely close to a contest.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#5SkitzocrayonPosted 1/14/2013 7:02:11 PM
the force wins.....

the only thing that can beat the force....Pre Crisis on Infinite Earths Superman.
---
I believe this topic and every message in it falls under the generally considered patently offensive category and demand a mod delete it!!
#6Frostbite08Posted 1/14/2013 7:03:13 PM
Nidtendofreak posted...
Anyone who says Mass Effect doesn't know enough about the EU. Its not even remotely close to a contest.

That's exactly what I was going to bring up.

If we compare just the core of each series (the six Star Wars movies vs the three Mass Effect games), it's close, but I would give it to Mass Effect.

If we take the extended universes into account, it's Star Wars, in a "not even fair" kind of way.
---
May Chaos break the rules that bind
#7Wii0playerPosted 1/14/2013 7:05:51 PM(edited)
Forget about the force.

Mass Effect ships can't travel huge distances without Mass Relays. Star Wars ships can enter FTL whenever they want and go where ever they want in a blink of an eye.

The only way ME would have a chance would be a post synthesis (a couple thousand years down the line) Mass Effect universe.
---
"In Mass Effect 3, the path to victory is less clear at the outset. You wont just find some long-lost Reaper off button."-Casey ******* Hudson.
#8SkitzocrayonPosted 1/14/2013 7:04:44 PM
Frostbite08 posted...
Nidtendofreak posted...

That's exactly what I was going to bring up.

If we compare just the core of each series (the six Star Wars movies vs the three Mass Effect games), it's close, but I would give it to Mass Effect.

If we take the extended universes into account, it's Star Wars, in a "not even fair" kind of way.

you wanna talk about "power creep".......The Force gets RIDICULOUS!!
---
I believe this topic and every message in it falls under the generally considered patently offensive category and demand a mod delete it!!
#9PhilOnDezPosted 1/14/2013 7:04:54 PM
If you're counting EU, star wars has ships that can detonate a star, destroying the system all at once without destroying itself.

Just going by the movies, the death star is more powerful than any weapons I've seen in ME however it's also a lot more vulnerable. I'd imagine at best it would be able to defend itself against a lone reaper, but if more than just a few come after it it would be over in seconds.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#10PhilOnDezPosted 1/14/2013 7:14:06 PM
Thought a bit more, in a ground war, mass effect has a huuuge advantage. Star wars medical tech is way behind where we (in the real world) are currently. Mass effect has medigel and personal shields. I'm not sure how star wars blasters work but I'm pretty sure they aren't lasers based on the fact that you can see each shot travel.

I guess it just depends on the rules of engagement, but I still give it to star wars just because the sun destroyers are effing OP.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there