Mass Effect vs Star Wars

#101MurphirothPosted 1/15/2013 7:25:55 PM

spoken like a true Star wars fan...

No, spoken like someone who is correct and no longer sees the point in debating with someone who's clearly incorrect and mentally incapable of acknowledging it.
---
Gamertag/PSN-Murphiroth
"Would have liked to run tests on the seashells..."
#102invidoverlordPosted 1/15/2013 7:27:19 PM
Murphiroth posted...

No, spoken like someone who is correct and no longer sees the point in debating with someone who's clearly incorrect and mentally incapable of acknowledging it.

see post above.

since nothing like a true star wars fan sticks by their i win everyone else is wrong button.

just like the goku and hulk fans
---
I like Robotech and Cookies
#103fennell92Posted 1/15/2013 7:38:59 PM
Scarecrow1711 posted...
fennell92 posted...
Scarecrow1711 posted...
This can't really be compared since we don't know how advanced the previous cycles in ME were. Some of them may have had their own "death stars" in the works when the Reapers arrived. Also, Star Wars has been given time to be fleshed out like a lot. Give ME another decade or two then they will stand a chance.(Real-world time. Not ME universe time)

I'm pretty sure it was stated that the reapers initiate the cycle whenever civilizations have reached a certain point technology wise. So accounting for every cycle wouldn't give the ME universe better tech, just more of it. The only exception to that could be the leviathans.

What if each cycle was given time to expand on their technology? ME is limited while Star Wars is not.

Even if they were given time to expand on their technology, it's safe to say none of what they had could begin to compare to the reapers themselves.
#104NickiousPosted 1/15/2013 7:57:00 PM(edited)
invidoverlord posted...
Murphiroth posted...

since nothing like a true star wars fan sticks by their i win everyone else is wrong button.

just like the goku and hulk fans

Dear god someone is dense. The TC never specified specified the source of canon he was using. EU is acknowledged by Lucas as part of continuity. As long as it does nothing to to conflict with Movie level canon, its true within the continuity unless otherwise stated by Lucas.

Even at M level canon, ME would be f*****. SW ships have shields that protect against both kinetic and laser damage. The completed DS 2 is 600 km in diameter, with none of the weaknesses of the DS1 and could literally just ram 1km reaper capital ships as if they were insects. Go hyperspace and you smash reapers. Plus tens of thousands of weapons, and entire fleet with thousands of ships and a superlaser capable of instakilling capital ships and a 15 km super star destroyer. All M-canon.

In fact I think there was a journal entry about how the reapers created mass effect cores incapable committing suicide by stopping them from being able to go into light speed and destroy their ships.

Hell a 15 km executor crashed into a incomplete DS2 and it hardly even phased it. Plus a whole fleet of thousands of ships.
---
"But... it was so artistically done." Thrawn
#105NafzgerPosted 1/15/2013 7:53:01 PM
Yeah but ME has a Crucible. We could control the Republic, or Destroy it, or fuse everything together!
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#106Lord of NightmaresPosted 1/15/2013 8:10:40 PM
Nafzger posted...
Yeah but ME has a Crucible. We could control the Republic, or Destroy it, or fuse everything together!

Or we could also choose Refuse and let the matchup play out to its natural resoluion. :P

Also, the Galactic Empire officially had millions of starships in active service. At the height of its power, there were approximately 25,000 Star Destroyers patrolling Imperial-controlled space, in addition to numerous smaller capital ships such as Carrack-class light cruises, Strike-class cruisers and even torpedo spheres.

One other disadvantage that the ME universe has is the lack of fighter-class ships. While they were not entirely absent, they didn't appear to play a significant role in most major space battles throughout the trilogy, which is the complete opposite in SW. Even the average Sovereign-class Reaper would be hard-pressed to fend off an assault from dozens or even hundreds of assorted TIEs which would gradually whittle down its defenses.

And if we were to break out the fighters from EU such as TIE Defenders and Missile Boats loaded with Heavy Space Bombs, then even a large fleet of Reapers would get wrecked badly considering how even a single Missile Boat could wreck a small group of Star Destroyers.
#107Rideps1Posted 1/15/2013 8:43:04 PM
invidoverlord posted...
Lord of Nightmares posted...
Yeah, the official word from Lucasarts is that the EU is currently still canon, unless something in the movies or the current The Clone Wars TV series directly contradicts it. Of course, there's a decent chance that the upcoming Disney instalments are going to throw most if not all of EU out the window, but that still has yet to come to pass.

And in any case, Star Wars tech is absolutely insane, even not counting The Force itself. We have superweapons which dwarfed even the likes of the Death Star such as Eclipse, the Galaxy Gun and last but not least, the Sun Crusher which was capable of annihiliatng entire solar systems with a single quantum torpedo. I have yet to see the Reapers possess any level of offensive technology even approaching that level.

yes movie 7 could very well destroy decades worth of books/comics. but since lucas gave them a ton of stuff to use who knows whats going to happen.

and to the above, Main canon VS Main canon. Thats how VS should work because you then have an unbalanced fight since one series is not as developed as the other.

and i am sorry Murphiroth that you are butt hurt over the fact that you can't just shout SW i win.

Aaaaand YOU are butthurt that your favorite doesn't have years of backstory. This topic was mostly free of butthurt until you showed up too. Imagine that.
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
#108bloodgod92Posted 1/16/2013 4:51:03 AM
The Crucible would have no effect on anything from the SW universe. As EDI states, there is a point where the physics of one universe are completely different to the physics of another.

The crucible could not alter the genetic makeup of anything to the SW universe, because they have different laws of physics.

Not to mention, in SW the force is life itself, everything is made up of the force, it holds the universe together. Everybody form the SW universe, at birth has the possibility to manipulate the force.

The ability to heal or drain the life force of others, increase resistance to attack, warp space and to dissipate energy attacks. These are just some of the things the force can do, not even the reapers would stand a chance. If a ship containing powerful force wielders was set upon by a reaper, they could simply warp space and make the thing disappear. They could withstand all of its attacks, and could even force the ship into FTL speeds to escape, even if the FTL warp drives were being blocked by the reapers.

you know that sweet spot on the reapers that Shep has to target? Any force wielder would be able to hit that first try, no problem and take the thing out single handed, they could dodge/absorb the attacks and use their enhanced physical abilities and super speed to constantly stay out of harms way.

the force can be used to make people immortal, teleport from place to place, it can even create life itself.

Nothing from the ME universe would stand a chance against an army of force wielders, all of that, and I never once mentioned the technology advantage that SW would have.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#109NafzgerPosted 1/16/2013 5:32:49 AM
Okay so if the Crucible won't work because physics are all different or whatever, then what makes you think the Force would work in ME?
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#110bloodgod92Posted 1/16/2013 5:37:11 AM
Nafzger posted...
Okay so if the Crucible won't work because physics are all different or whatever, then what makes you think the Force would work in ME?

THe people from the SW universe are made up of the force. IT is part of them, so wherever they go, they take the force with them.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP