Mass Effect vs Star Wars

#111General_JumaPosted 1/16/2013 6:37:55 AM
Nafzger posted...
Okay so if the Crucible won't work because physics are all different or whatever, then what makes you think the Force would work in ME?

that's a good point. I mean I never finished NJO, but the Yuuzahn Vong were from another galaxy and were not connected to the Force.
---
Not comic - animated. For eight years America was ruled by Pinky and the Brain.-Thanatos the Great
#112NafzgerPosted 1/16/2013 6:39:52 AM
bloodgod92 posted...
Nafzger posted...
Okay so if the Crucible won't work because physics are all different or whatever, then what makes you think the Force would work in ME?

THe people from the SW universe are made up of the force. IT is part of them, so wherever they go, they take the force with them.

How is that making a difference? You're saying the Crucible can't work because it's a different universe, and in the same breath saying everyone in ME would fall to the Force. That's hypocritical. Either they both work, or neither of them works. You don't get to pick and choose what would work because you prefer one over the other.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#113General_JumaPosted 1/16/2013 6:57:08 AM
also if Kai Leng's plot armor could be cloned, ME universe would be unstopable
---
Not comic - animated. For eight years America was ruled by Pinky and the Brain.-Thanatos the Great
#114bloodgod92Posted 1/16/2013 7:02:08 AM
Nafzger posted...
bloodgod92 posted...
Nafzger posted...

THe people from the SW universe are made up of the force. IT is part of them, so wherever they go, they take the force with them.

How is that making a difference? You're saying the Crucible can't work because it's a different universe, and in the same breath saying everyone in ME would fall to the Force. That's hypocritical. Either they both work, or neither of them works. You don't get to pick and choose what would work because you prefer one over the other.

There are different sides to the force. Mental and Physical. Neither side alters genetic makeup.

You use the force to pick up rocks, not change what a rock is. You can alter a persons thought process, not change a persons genetic makeup. a thought is the same across any universe... it can be manipulated by a force user. The force itself lifts things up and makes them move. The force is also used to make Jedi and Sith stronger, it focuses the thoughts and strengthens the movements of the force wielder.

The crucible changes and destroys things on a molecular level. It seeks things out and targets them based on their genetic material. The crucible can not target alien lifeforms from another galaxy, because it has not encountered them. The crucible destroys things from its own universe, because it doesn't know the genetic makeup of anything else.

The two are completely different.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#115DeimirPosted 1/16/2013 7:03:14 AM
While I'm a much bigger Mass Effect fan than I am a Star Wars fan, I've got to give it to Star Wars.

Mass Effect is crippled by the fact that it tries to maintain hard science. The main difference between modern technology and Mass Effect's tech is 250 years and the existence of Element Zero. Everything in Star Wars runs on Space Magic.

It's like asking who would win between a platoon of modern infantry and a cadre of Malazan mages.
---
"Video games don't make people more violent, and I'll kill anyone who disagrees."
#116BrokenGruntyPosted 1/16/2013 1:55:41 PM
General_Juma posted...
Nafzger posted...

that's a good point. I mean I never finished NJO, but the Yuuzahn Vong were from another galaxy and were not connected to the Force.

Wrong, NJO at the end pointed out that the Force is everywhere and the Yuuzhan Vong were actually stripped of their access to it by Zenoma Sekot, the planet that the Yuuzhan Vong were looking for. The entire war was about the Vong looking for that sentient planet and regaining access to the Force. Ticked me off too since the Vong were such great foil's for the Jedi and the Vong are now under the thumb of the Jedi.

So if the Force is everywhere and in everything, the Jedi would have no problem using their powers in the ME universe.
#117infinitexxPosted 1/16/2013 2:00:28 PM
Lord of Nightmares posted...
Nafzger posted...
Yeah but ME has a Crucible. We could control the Republic, or Destroy it, or fuse everything together!

Or we could also choose Refuse and let the matchup play out to its natural resoluion. :P

Also, the Galactic Empire officially had millions of starships in active service. At the height of its power, there were approximately 25,000 Star Destroyers patrolling Imperial-controlled space, in addition to numerous smaller capital ships such as Carrack-class light cruises, Strike-class cruisers and even torpedo spheres.

That's just the Empire too, you've got to keep in mind that when you're looking at the entire SW universe, there are vastly more ships in play. And there is more than one galaxy to consider.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1