Mass Effect vs Star Wars

#21fennell92Posted 1/14/2013 8:35:22 PM
ozzyman314 posted...
Could the Death Star destroy a Reaper? Or even a whole fleet of them?

The Republic & Empire use Cloned soldiers, so not much variety. But gives them number advantage.

CIS uses Droids, so......Geth vs. Droids?

...............Have to give the edge to Mass Effect.

Why? 2 words BIOTIC GAWD!!!!!

The incomplete second death star destroyed a bunch of rebel cruiser ships, which were probably about the size of a capital class reaper.
#22jrr18Posted 1/14/2013 8:38:09 PM
I like mass effect better but there is no way in hell it could star wars.
---
Victory over the 2013 zombie apocalypse through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#23PhilOnDezPosted 1/14/2013 8:57:14 PM
Star wars has no painkillers and a queen died in childbirth not because of any complications but because she had 'lost the will to live'. That's a combination of ****ty writing and horrible medicine. You could say they're ahead on artificial limbs but I'll counter with Shepard was rebuilt from a suit full of goo, pretty much everything about his body aside from some his organs are artificial. I'm not familiar with bacta which leads me to believe it's not something that is readily available vs medigel which has dispensers literally everywhere in case of an emergency.

ME has a large edge in medical tech and I think better man portable weapons, but star wars war machines are just out of control. I just looked up the physics on the blasters, most are plasma bolts which is what emits the visible light. Some are a combination of plasma and lasers, I think the combination of a shield/barrier and armor would be more than enough to neutralize the combo weapons, though just stopping the plasma is going to remove the vast majority of its oomf.

Trying to hold a base or even an entire planet, ME has a fair shot at winning, but in a no holds barred fight until one universe's inhabitants stop existing, Star Wars wins every time.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#24jrr18Posted 1/14/2013 9:00:44 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
Star wars has no painkillers and a queen died in childbirth not because of any complications but because she had 'lost the will to live'. That's a combination of ****ty writing and horrible medicine. You could say they're ahead on artificial limbs but I'll counter with Shepard was rebuilt from a suit full of goo, pretty much everything about his body aside from some his organs are artificial. I'm not familiar with bacta which leads me to believe it's not something that is readily available vs medigel which has dispensers literally everywhere in case of an emergency.

ME has a large edge in medical tech and I think better man portable weapons, but star wars war machines are just out of control. I just looked up the physics on the blasters, most are plasma bolts which is what emits the visible light. Some are a combination of plasma and lasers, I think the combination of a shield/barrier and armor would be more than enough to neutralize the combo weapons, though just stopping the plasma is going to remove the vast majority of its oomf.

Trying to hold a base or even an entire planet, ME has a fair shot at winning, but in a no holds barred fight until one universe's inhabitants stop existing, Star Wars wins every time.

LOL no if the giant robot cows don't get them then...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djZFHTa6TfA

Also the mark 2 version had a much better rate of fire.
---
PSN jrr101
#25Raze_da_KitsunePosted 1/14/2013 9:02:29 PM
VirtualAnomoly posted...
Biotic abilities > The force
Krogans > Wookies
ME humans and mechs > Star wars human and Mechs.
Jar Jar Binks (awesome as he is) subtracts 50 from Star Wars war assets.
Assuming the whole galaxies teamed up...
Reapers > Sith
Vorcha > ....
You'll never be better than commander Shepard.
Garrus > Luke
Tali > Lea (Luke's sister, I am bad at spelling.)

To be fair, I like ME much better, and have spent more time with it, so I am bias.

Joke post.
---
im...im sorry but... do you think the past tense of fight is thought? - Wolf_J_Flywheel
I am the paragon of humanity. You may worship me.....from afar...
#26PhilOnDezPosted 1/14/2013 9:13:21 PM
jrr18 posted...
PhilOnDez posted...

Huh? Destroying a planet is hardly the same as holding it. Like I said, in a murder-the-other-guys-til-they're-all-dead kinda fight, star wars every time. Their war machines are out of control. But in a trooper-on-trooper ground war I haven't seen anything that star wars has that ME cant match, so long as you're counting in reapers as something like the AT-ATs.

The super force moves are great for destroying fleets and all that, but there would just be too much collateral damage to justify using it planetside if that planet is valuable to you. There's a reason nuclear weapons have only been used in combat once (well... Twice.)
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#27jrr18Posted 1/14/2013 9:27:33 PM(edited)
PhilOnDez posted...
jrr18 posted...
PhilOnDez posted...

Huh? Destroying a planet is hardly the same as holding it. Like I said, in a murder-the-other-guys-til-they're-all-dead kinda fight, star wars every time. Their war machines are out of control. But in a trooper-on-trooper ground war I haven't seen anything that star wars has that ME cant match, so long as you're counting in reapers as something like the AT-ATs.

The super force moves are great for destroying fleets and all that, but there would just be too much collateral damage to justify using it planetside if that planet is valuable to you. There's a reason nuclear weapons have only been used in combat once (well... Twice.)

Giant robot cows star wars's still wins as long as no one uses log traps.
---
PSN jrr101
#28ImperialDragonPosted 1/14/2013 9:16:19 PM
Going by the numbers provided by both universes iva the codex for Mass Effect and the EU for Star Wars, weapons in Star Wars are several orders of magnitude more powerful than anything in Mass Effect. A single heavy turbolaser on a star destroyer could one shot a reaper capital ship, and three star destroyers can preform a firing position known as a "Base Delta Zero", which allows just those three ships to slag the entire surface of a planet over the course of hours. The planet's crust becomes molten, and that is just three of literally tens of thousands of ships. Mass Effect simply has no chance at all.
---
EMPTY [IIIII-----] FULL
The WTF!?-o-meter is currently... Normal
#29Tbx66Posted 1/14/2013 9:25:59 PM
I've never watched Star Wars, but from what I heard they'd win.
---
"You assume i give a damn. That's cute."
#30PainesnewnamePosted 1/14/2013 9:27:02 PM
I don't know who'd win.

I would rather live in the ME universe though. Lol
---
Mass production.....?
.........RIDICULOUS!