Mass Effect vs Star Wars

#51Storm_WalkerPosted 1/15/2013 12:30:33 AM
The Empire proved they could build a weapon of mass destruction with more than enough firepower to take out a Reaper in one shot, and even that was insignificant next to the power of the Force.
---
"I'm feelin' peachy keen, so f%@& you, and thanks for asking ^/.^"
#52Rideps1Posted 1/15/2013 12:31:54 AM
BlackWizardMagus posted...
I'll give the answer I always give when this type of question comes up; Daleks.

ME would probably have a close fight with an established army of Cybermen.

And the only thing Cybermen are better at than Daleks is dying.
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
#53GoldenSWarriorsPosted 1/15/2013 12:32:52 AM
koifish22 posted...
GoldenSWarriors posted...
That guy is going to use the force? Stasis! Haha u frozen gg.

*Resisted*

-Force Kill :)

*Resisted*

-Missile Launcher kill
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#54TysakasaPosted 1/15/2013 12:58:42 AM
Yeah there is literally no comparison for who would win. Even while just focusing on the movies, games and TV show for Star Wars it can still stomp over Mass Effect. The Jedi (and Sith I suppose, they're both Force wielders so...) outmatch any biotic user in the Mass Effect universe. Starkiller brings a Star Destroyer down out of orbit, Vader chokes a man to death during a ship to ship communication, those are just the ones I can remember that doesn't require you to read a book or comic to learn about (I've been out of touch in the Star Wars universe, so I'm kind of limited, being half asleep doesn't help either). Their lightsabers will also win in most melee battles, or completely dominate it but I think Mass Effect has something akin to a vibroblade which can shrug off a saber. Biotics are also readable (unless people are actually blind to the glowing bit) while the Force doesn't always require any form of gesture.

Troop combat they're a little more balanced, but not by much. Though the CIS seem to have droids who are as dumb as a stump, those are just your regular and super battle droids (not so much in the super department, they are kind of good), but their destroyers, commandos and Magna Guards? (their more melee combat and if memory serves, created to combat Jedi) are quite capable for taking on the Geth. Stormtroopers are actually better than what the movies make them out to be (plot device after all, some of them are clone troopers from the Clone Wars). And although Star Wars mainly has Humans doing the fighting, there are a number of other races who would jump on board; Wookies, Manadalorians (including the original species), Twi'lek, Besalisk, Bith, Bothan, Duros, Ewok (never underestimate the power of teddy bears in large numbers XD), Geonosian, Gungan, Hutt (well if the Volus are involved, here's their counter parts...), Iridonian, Jawa, Kaleesh, Rodian, Sith (they started out as a race, later turned into a concept when said race went pretty much extinct) and those are the more recognizable ones in general, almost all of which have been shown in the movies alone. Plus their shield tech is actually higher grade than the kinetic barrier that the Mass Effect universe uses. If we take into account the kind of shields you can use in Knights of the Old Republic, they've got a shield for pretty much everything.

Ship to ship combat, once again, Star Wars has the upper hand. The person who comment on the Death Star taking forever to get ready to destroy a planet has only seen the original one. The second Death Star was using it's primary weapon to take out Rebel ships at a decent rate and that was during a full on attack. Their ships are also much more varied (I have a book buried in my room some wheres (i think, may have lent it to a friend and forgot about it) that has a large listing of the vehicles and ships) and I'm pretty sure some of their average ships are much larger than what we find in the Mass Effect universe (basing this on a per class comparison) sporting a lot more fire power.

As much as I like the Mass Effect universe, it's simply no match for the titan that Star Wars is. Hell I think out of anything sci-fi related, it's probably sitting on the throne, but I could be wrong, there may be some relatively off the radar sci-fi series that could trump it.
#55NitharadPosted 1/15/2013 1:40:52 AM
Well if the question is who would win ... then Star Wars of course.

In the canon of the movies they have a weapon capable of destroying a whole planet.
And in the EU there're people who can use the force to BLOW UP STARS.
So yeah ...
#56Devil_wings00Posted 1/15/2013 1:55:30 AM
Star wars lol No contest. Like many have said include the EU and this is just downright unfair lol Although I'm sure disney will make all of that completely and totally invalid soon enough. Anyone who thinks the EU will survive the new movies in it's current form is crazy and for one simple reason...chewie's dead in the current EU. It's already been confirmed it's going to be the original cast in the movie (at least in cameos if not starring). No movie exec is going to let one of the most iconic characters NOT be in the new movies in some way because he died in some book nearly 15 years ago. I like the EU (it does get super silly at times though) but I'm under no illusions it's going to continue on unless it becomes an "alternate reality" type series of novels.

This turned into a mini rant lol Either way SW hands down. Death Star, The force, light sabers, Hyperspace travel etc.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#57renzsweetPosted 1/15/2013 2:03:18 AM
Raze_da_Kitsune posted...
The Jedi alone would simply CRUSH the ME universe. They would absolutely destroy the Reapers which are the best things ME have to offer.

---
I praise the name of Jesus.
#58MurphirothPosted 1/15/2013 2:20:11 AM
As much as I like the Mass Effect universe, it's simply no match for the titan that Star Wars is. Hell I think out of anything sci-fi related, it's probably sitting on the throne, but I could be wrong, there may be some relatively off the radar sci-fi series that could trump it.

Star Wars is up there but Warhammer 40K would destroy it as easily as Star Wars destroys ME.
---
Gamertag/PSN-Murphiroth
"Would have liked to run tests on the seashells..."
#59MurphirothPosted 1/15/2013 2:25:21 AM
Star wars lol No contest. Like many have said include the EU and this is just downright unfair lol Although I'm sure disney will make all of that completely and totally invalid soon enough. Anyone who thinks the EU will survive the new movies in it's current form is crazy and for one simple reason...chewie's dead in the current EU. It's already been confirmed it's going to be the original cast in the movie (at least in cameos if not starring). No movie exec is going to let one of the most iconic characters NOT be in the new movies in some way because he died in some book nearly 15 years ago. I like the EU (it does get super silly at times though) but I'm under no illusions it's going to continue on unless it becomes an "alternate reality" type series of novels.

This turned into a mini rant lol Either way SW hands down. Death Star, The force, light sabers, Hyperspace travel etc.

They haven't confirmed the original cast will be back in any capacity. Hamill, Fisher, and Ford have all said they'd be interested in returning, but there's been no confirmation.

They have confirmed, however, that they will not be adapting an existing EU storyline. They may take elements and characters from the EU, but it'll be a new story. The EU will become an alternate universe in my mind, and we'll likely get a new EU to go with the new movies.

Even if they did base it off the EU, Chewie being dead means nothing, since he dies 21 years after ROTJ and there's plenty of stories in that time frame to use. The Thrawn Trilogy, for example.
---
Gamertag/PSN-Murphiroth
"Would have liked to run tests on the seashells..."
#60mjc0961Posted 1/15/2013 2:39:44 AM
Let's see... Reapers VS some crappy "death star" that can be shot down by a lone pilot commanded by some emo kid who's mad that his wife died.

Obvious choice is obvious.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey