Mass Effect vs Star Wars

#71dooyaunastanPosted 1/15/2013 1:58:29 PM
The deathstar destroys, as in, vaporizes, a planet in minutes.

A countless force of reapers destroys a planet over hundreds of years. And the planet's still in tact when they're done.

Force push > throw
Force pull > pull
Force lightning > overload
Battle meditation > any ME or SW tech
Force > biotics
---
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison
#72BrokenGruntyPosted 1/15/2013 2:09:26 PM
Also, surprised no one has mentioned the "Force Spidey Sense" that allows the Jedi to get out of the way or minimize damage taken.
#73TysakasaPosted 1/15/2013 2:12:23 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Let's see... Reapers VS some crappy "death star" that can be shot down by a lone pilot commanded by some emo kid who's mad that his wife died.

Obvious choice is obvious.

Wrong guy, Luke never had a wife. Also, it required a star fighter to perform such a task, a Reaper couldn't fit in there. Learn your lore before you make dumb posts.

mjc0961 posted...
Yeah, three words kiddies: "Assuming direct control".

"These are not the droids you are looking for." And that works in seconds, not taking forever to properly control and more than one person has said ability, so now there's an army of mind controllers.

Murphiroth posted...
Star Wars is up there but Warhammer 40K would destroy it as easily as Star Wars destroys ME.

Funny enough, I was actually thinking about Warhammer, but I know very little about the series so I didn't really consider them to be something that could contend with Star Wars.
#74Wii0playerPosted 1/15/2013 2:36:42 PM
Murphiroth posted...
As much as I like the Mass Effect universe, it's simply no match for the titan that Star Wars is. Hell I think out of anything sci-fi related, it's probably sitting on the throne, but I could be wrong, there may be some relatively off the radar sci-fi series that could trump it.

Star Wars is up there but Warhammer 40K would destroy it as easily as Star Wars destroys ME.

Warhammer 40k is up there but Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan would destroy it as easily as Warhammer 40k destroys Star Wars.
---
"In Mass Effect 3, the path to victory is less clear at the outset. You wont just find some long-lost Reaper off button."-Casey ******* Hudson.
#75Daedralord9Posted 1/15/2013 2:38:26 PM
Yeah, while Star Wars kicks the s*** out of ME, WH40k does the same to SW. When you consider how stupidly broken the Space Marines are, as well as Orks (where if enough of them believe something is true, it becomes true), Chaos (any one of the chaos gods has more power than anything in the Star Wars universe, let alone all of them uniting [especially if they turned their attention from the Emperor, allowing him to properly heal himself from the golden throne, adding yet another god to Warhammer's side]), the Tau, the Tyranids. It would be a slaughter.
---
"They're the Mojave's equivalent to the French Army": jreed1337 on the Powder Gangers
PSN/GT: daedralord9
#76SelectGenderPosted 1/15/2013 2:43:07 PM
Daedralord9 posted...
Yeah, while Star Wars kicks the s*** out of ME, WH40k does the same to SW. When you consider how stupidly broken the Space Marines are, as well as Orks (where if enough of them believe something is true, it becomes true), Chaos (any one of the chaos gods has more power than anything in the Star Wars universe, let alone all of them uniting [especially if they turned their attention from the Emperor, allowing him to properly heal himself from the golden throne, adding yet another god to Warhammer's side]), the Tau, the Tyranids. It would be a slaughter.

Don't forget OP'ness of the Grey Knights and Necrons. *shudder*
---
Scumbag brain
#77BhelliumPosted 1/15/2013 2:45:27 PM
Fact is Star Wars tech is so advanced they do pretty much w/e the hell they want. It wouldn't even be a fair fight, even in the old Republic.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#78Daedralord9Posted 1/15/2013 2:57:14 PM
SelectGender posted...
Daedralord9 posted...

Don't forget OP'ness of the Grey Knights and Necrons. *shudder*

Damn, always forget the Necrons. Don't know why either, since I like them.
---
"They're the Mojave's equivalent to the French Army": jreed1337 on the Powder Gangers
PSN/GT: daedralord9
#79bloodgod92Posted 1/15/2013 4:02:43 PM
Tysakasa posted...

"These are not the droids you are looking for." And that works in seconds, not taking forever to properly control and more than one person has said ability, so now there's an army of mind controllers

Mind controlling only works on easily influenced people... if you have a strong will it wont work.

Also the force can make people invincible and immortal.

As I said earlier, if you can think of it, you can make the force do it...
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#80PyroThrowerPosted 1/15/2013 5:06:19 PM
Win, Star Wars would. Because wise in the ways of the Force, Shepard is not.
---
http://gifsoup.com/view7/2943919/aran-ryan-o.gif
Soldier: I will send my condolences to your KANGAROO WIFE!