Mass Effect vs Star Wars

#81NickiousPosted 1/15/2013 5:40:30 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Let's see... Reapers VS some crappy "death star" that can be shot down by a lone pilot commanded by some emo kid who's mad that his wife died.

Obvious choice is obvious.

Do you actually know anything Star wars or Mass effect? Your ignorance is showing.
---
"But... it was so artistically done." Thrawn
#82fennell92Posted 1/15/2013 6:05:51 PM(edited)
If you're going to account for all the different eras from the star wars franchise shouldn't that apply to the Mass Effect universe as well? As in every cycle since the reapers were created. That would include countless races all at the same level of technology as the cycle we see in the game.

...Though based on what people are saying here about the Star Wars extended universe even that wouldn't be enough.
#83Daedralord9Posted 1/15/2013 6:23:32 PM
fennell92 posted...
If you're going to account for all the different eras from the star wars franchise shouldn't that apply to the Mass Effect universe as well? As in every cycle since the reapers were created. That would include countless races all at the same level of technology as the cycle we see in the game.

...Though based on what people are saying here about the Star Wars extended universe even that wouldn't be enough.

Well, if you were to have even eras that aren't written about anywhere, that would mean that Star Wars also gets the Rakata and their Infinite Empire, making the curb stomp even worse.
---
"They're the Mojave's equivalent to the French Army": jreed1337 on the Powder Gangers
PSN/GT: daedralord9
#84TysakasaPosted 1/15/2013 6:23:36 PM
At the same time Mass Effect has a much smaller pool even if you include the previous cycles because we know next to nothing about them besides what little we get from Javik (mostly names really). Star Wars on the other hand, pretty much every race that we see proper interactions with (or at the very least, see them socializing in the background) has a relatively fleshed out background to work off of.
#85NafzgerPosted 1/15/2013 7:07:14 PM
Star Wars sucks. I voted ME simply because I had no other option
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#86Scarecrow1711Posted 1/15/2013 7:17:02 PM
This can't really be compared since we don't know how advanced the previous cycles in ME were. Some of them may have had their own "death stars" in the works when the Reapers arrived. Also, Star Wars has been given time to be fleshed out like a lot. Give ME another decade or two then they will stand a chance.(Real-world time. Not ME universe time)
---
Patiently awaiting Cyberpunk 2077. Official Insecteon of Eevee Corps. Official Insecteon of Pokemon X Board.
#87Ryan-06Posted 1/15/2013 7:18:28 PM
VirtualAnomoly posted...

To be fair, I like ME much better, and have spent more time with it, so I am bias.

Same. Couldn't get into star wars even as a kid.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
:3 http://i.imgur.com/sfR1P.gif
#88fennell92Posted 1/15/2013 7:25:50 PM(edited)
Scarecrow1711 posted...
This can't really be compared since we don't know how advanced the previous cycles in ME were. Some of them may have had their own "death stars" in the works when the Reapers arrived. Also, Star Wars has been given time to be fleshed out like a lot. Give ME another decade or two then they will stand a chance.(Real-world time. Not ME universe time)

I'm pretty sure it was stated that the reapers initiate the cycle whenever civilizations have reached a certain point technology wise. So accounting for every cycle wouldn't give the ME universe better tech, just more of it. The only exception to that could be the leviathans.
#89invidoverlordPosted 1/15/2013 7:33:59 PM
any VS that includes star wars should only include the star wars universe because other than the movies you have sub-canon books then even lower on the pole, comics. Which 95% of fans have not read and only work off of the movies. If star wars goes against another series like mass effect it needs to be SW movies VS ME games and the info found in those only.

that being said mass effect since having a reaper just smash into a ship if it can't shoot it down would work since an A wing took down the SSD and just a asteroid took down how many SD's in the field? Plus you have to take into the fact that the reapers can maneuver like nothing seen before as said by joker about sovereign pulling a turn that would have ripped anything they have in half. Also having frigates move better than fighters in the SW universe.

If you respond to this and you bring up books/comics what ever, it will be ignored since this post regards only the movies of SW and the games of ME.
---
I like Robotech and Cookies
#90MurphirothPosted 1/15/2013 7:50:29 PM
any VS that includes star wars should only include the star wars universe because other than the movies you have sub-canon books then even lower on the pole, comics. Which 95% of fans have not read and only work off of the movies. If star wars goes against another series like mass effect it needs to be SW movies VS ME games and the info found in those only.

that being said mass effect since having a reaper just smash into a ship if it can't shoot it down would work since an A wing took down the SSD and just a asteroid took down how many SD's in the field? Plus you have to take into the fact that the reapers can maneuver like nothing seen before as said by joker about sovereign pulling a turn that would have ripped anything they have in half. Also having frigates move better than fighters in the SW universe.

If you respond to this and you bring up books/comics what ever, it will be ignored since this post regards only the movies of SW and the games of ME.

I'm sorry, why do you get to decide what we include?

Star Wars books and comics are canon unless directly contradicted by the films. Deal with it.
---
Gamertag/PSN-Murphiroth
"Would have liked to run tests on the seashells..."