Mass Effect vs Star Wars

#91invidoverlordPosted 1/15/2013 7:52:34 PM
Murphiroth posted...
any VS that includes star wars should only include the star wars universe because other than the movies you have sub-canon books then even lower on the pole, comics. Which 95% of fans have not read and only work off of the movies. If star wars goes against another series like mass effect it needs to be SW movies VS ME games and the info found in those only.

that being said mass effect since having a reaper just smash into a ship if it can't shoot it down would work since an A wing took down the SSD and just a asteroid took down how many SD's in the field? Plus you have to take into the fact that the reapers can maneuver like nothing seen before as said by joker about sovereign pulling a turn that would have ripped anything they have in half. Also having frigates move better than fighters in the SW universe.

If you respond to this and you bring up books/comics what ever, it will be ignored since this post regards only the movies of SW and the games of ME.

I'm sorry, why do you get to decide what we include?

Star Wars books and comics are canon unless directly contradicted by the films. Deal with it.

no they are not they are just money to lucas/disney. almost no one reads any of those and the only MAIN canon is the movies so anything other than that is trash.....deal with it
---
I like Robotech and Cookies
#92MetaIGearRexPosted 1/15/2013 7:54:42 PM
Kotor>Mass Effect
---
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life." - Mickey Mantle
#93Scarecrow1711Posted 1/15/2013 7:56:59 PM
fennell92 posted...
Scarecrow1711 posted...
This can't really be compared since we don't know how advanced the previous cycles in ME were. Some of them may have had their own "death stars" in the works when the Reapers arrived. Also, Star Wars has been given time to be fleshed out like a lot. Give ME another decade or two then they will stand a chance.(Real-world time. Not ME universe time)

I'm pretty sure it was stated that the reapers initiate the cycle whenever civilizations have reached a certain point technology wise. So accounting for every cycle wouldn't give the ME universe better tech, just more of it. The only exception to that could be the leviathans.

What if each cycle was given time to expand on their technology? ME is limited while Star Wars is not.
---
Patiently awaiting Cyberpunk 2077. Official Insecteon of Eevee Corps. Official Insecteon of Pokemon X Board.
#94Lord of NightmaresPosted 1/15/2013 7:58:36 PM
Yeah, the official word from Lucasarts is that the EU is currently still canon, unless something in the movies or the current The Clone Wars TV series directly contradicts it. Of course, there's a decent chance that the upcoming Disney instalments are going to throw most if not all of EU out the window, but that still has yet to come to pass.

And in any case, Star Wars tech is absolutely insane, even not counting The Force itself. We have superweapons which dwarfed even the likes of the Death Star such as Eclipse, the Galaxy Gun and last but not least, the Sun Crusher which was capable of annihiliatng entire solar systems with a single quantum torpedo. I have yet to see the Reapers possess any level of offensive technology even approaching that level.
#95MurphirothPosted 1/15/2013 8:03:57 PM
Murphiroth posted...
any VS that includes star wars should only include the star wars universe because other than the movies you have sub-canon books then even lower on the pole, comics. Which 95% of fans have not read and only work off of the movies. If star wars goes against another series like mass effect it needs to be SW movies VS ME games and the info found in those only.

that being said mass effect since having a reaper just smash into a ship if it can't shoot it down would work since an A wing took down the SSD and just a asteroid took down how many SD's in the field? Plus you have to take into the fact that the reapers can maneuver like nothing seen before as said by joker about sovereign pulling a turn that would have ripped anything they have in half. Also having frigates move better than fighters in the SW universe.

If you respond to this and you bring up books/comics what ever, it will be ignored since this post regards only the movies of SW and the games of ME.

I'm sorry, why do you get to decide what we include?

Star Wars books and comics are canon unless directly contradicted by the films. Deal with it.

no they are not they are just money to lucas/disney. almost no one reads any of those and the only MAIN canon is the movies so anything other than that is trash.....deal with it

And you're wrong. The official word is that the books are canon unless contradicted by the movies. You're also contradicting yourself. How are they money to Lucas/Disney if almost no one reads them? Are you always this dumb?
---
Gamertag/PSN-Murphiroth
"Would have liked to run tests on the seashells..."
#96invidoverlordPosted 1/15/2013 8:06:36 PM(edited)
Lord of Nightmares posted...
Yeah, the official word from Lucasarts is that the EU is currently still canon, unless something in the movies or the current The Clone Wars TV series directly contradicts it. Of course, there's a decent chance that the upcoming Disney instalments are going to throw most if not all of EU out the window, but that still has yet to come to pass.

And in any case, Star Wars tech is absolutely insane, even not counting The Force itself. We have superweapons which dwarfed even the likes of the Death Star such as Eclipse, the Galaxy Gun and last but not least, the Sun Crusher which was capable of annihiliatng entire solar systems with a single quantum torpedo. I have yet to see the Reapers possess any level of offensive technology even approaching that level.

yes movie 7 could very well destroy decades worth of books/comics. but since lucas gave them a ton of stuff to use who knows whats going to happen.

and to the above, Main canon VS Main canon. Thats how VS should work because you then have an unbalanced fight since one series is not as developed as the other.

and i am sorry Murphiroth that you are butt hurt over the fact that you can't just shout SW i win.
---
#97MurphirothPosted 1/15/2013 8:10:03 PM

yes movie 7 could very well destroy decades worth of books/comics. but since lucas gave them a ton of stuff to use who knows whats going to happen.

and to the above, Main canon VS Main canon. Thats how VS should work because you then have an unbalanced fight since one series is not as developed as the other.

and i am sorry Murphiroth that you are butt hurt over the fact that you can't just shout SW i win.

Uhhhh....I didn't just shout it. I provided ample evidence in my arguments. You provided little to none and you want to gimp Star Wars just so ME has a chance to win. Not exactly fair.

The fact is the Star Wars main canon includes the books, comics, and games, unless those are directly contradicted by the movies or the The Clone Wars TV show. That is an indisputable fact put down by Lucasarts.

Is it unbalanced? Yep. Who cares? When you have to gimp one side just for the other to even stand a chance of winning that's pretty telling.
---
Gamertag/PSN-Murphiroth
#98invidoverlordPosted 1/15/2013 8:16:02 PM
Murphiroth posted...

Uhhhh....I didn't just shout it. I provided ample evidence in my arguments. You provided little to none and you want to gimp Star Wars just so ME has a chance to win. Not exactly fair.

The fact is the Star Wars main canon includes the books, comics, and games, unless those are directly contradicted by the movies or the The Clone Wars TV show. That is an indisputable fact put down by Lucasarts.

Is it unbalanced? Yep. Who cares? When you have to gimp one side just for the other to even stand a chance of winning that's pretty telling.

SW fans shout EU which is a book and is not main canon. Main canon anything lucas did himself which in order is Movies, then next on the pole is TV then books then comics......its not gimping its Main VS Main.

when lucas states that every book and comic is as much canon as his 3 creations then i will accept it as such.

you call gimping i call equal canon vs thread footing.
---
#99MurphirothPosted 1/15/2013 8:19:59 PM
Murphiroth posted...

SW fans shout EU which is a book and is not main canon. Main canon anything lucas did himself which in order is Movies, then next on the pole is TV then books then comics......its not gimping its Main VS Main.

when lucas states that every book and comic is as much canon as his 3 creations then i will accept it as such.

Whatever you say, dude. Lucasarts has stated that you're wrong, but believe what you want. Since the TC never set these restrictions, I'm not gonna use them. You can if you want, but that's your decision.
---
Gamertag/PSN-Murphiroth
#100invidoverlordPosted 1/15/2013 8:22:08 PM
Murphiroth posted...
Murphiroth posted...

Whatever you say, dude. Lucasarts has stated that you're wrong, but believe what you want. Since the TC never set these restrictions, I'm not gonna use them. You can if you want, but that's your decision.

spoken like a true Star wars fan...
---