Firebase Rio Platinum question, not about the box

#1zhobanPosted 1/14/2013 8:52:46 PM
I have recently started playing Platinum outside of the Firebase Rio/Reaper/Platinum trick. That being said, for a while I have been watching the InvaderOne videos and one caught my eye. The one he did on Firebase Rio/Geth/Platinum.

Video - http://youtu.be/rgL5izP5Ggo

In the video the team uses a Quarian Female Infiltrator, Male Quarian Infiltrator, Destroyer and a Demolisher. I started thinking, would two Demolishers and two Destroyers be a good team on that map? You could have the Demolishers stripping shields with either a Typhoon or some sort of Sniper Rifle while the Destroyers had either a Typhoon or Particle Rifle for their primary and a Piranha as their secondary.
---
Don't get all holy on me, James. This town called you, too. You and me are the same. We're not like other people. Eddie Dombrowski (Silent Hill 2)
#2Mr_PipboyPosted 1/14/2013 9:16:41 PM
If you want a shield stripping sniper, you go to the Salarian Infiltrator.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#3zhoban(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 9:24:03 PM
Mr_Pipboy posted...

I was just more thinking so you got two long range characters on both sides and so you have the constant supply of ammo from the Supply Pylon and the ammo crates.
---
Don't get all holy on me, James. This town called you, too. You and me are the same. We're not like other people. Eddie Dombrowski (Silent Hill 2)
#4Mr_PipboyPosted 1/14/2013 9:27:21 PM
zhoban posted...
Mr_Pipboy posted...

I was just more thinking so you got two long range characters on both sides and so you have the constant supply of ammo from the Supply Pylon and the ammo crates.

Rio is teeming with ammo crates. A demolisher is overkill. What you gain from grenade combos, you'd lose in weapon damage. Sure, the demolishers can crowd control better, but two good snipers can lock down Rio. Especially if there are two other team mates to support and draw aggro.
---
#5zhoban(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 9:29:00 PM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
zhoban posted...
Mr_Pipboy posted...

Rio is teeming with ammo crates. A demolisher is overkill. What you gain from grenade combos, you'd lose in weapon damage. Sure, the demolishers can crowd control better, but two good snipers can lock down Rio. Especially if there are two other team mates to support and draw aggro.

I was more thinking of staying in that area on the walkways instead of running around. Which if you only stay on those walkways you only have one ammo box on each walkway.
---
#6Mr_PipboyPosted 1/14/2013 9:30:47 PM
zhoban posted...
Mr_Pipboy posted...
zhoban posted...
Mr_Pipboy posted...

I was more thinking of staying in that area on the walkways instead of running around. Which if you only stay on those walkways you only have one ammo box on each walkway.

I suppose, but its better to pick a side and let them come to you, this way you are fighting the enemy in front of you instead of all around you.
---
#7zhoban(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 9:32:32 PM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
zhoban posted...
Mr_Pipboy posted...
zhoban posted...
Mr_Pipboy posted...

I suppose, but its better to pick a side and let them come to you, this way you are fighting the enemy in front of you instead of all around you.

I thought it might be better to have one Demolisher and Destroyer on one walkway and the other two on the other walkway. Or do you think it would be better to have everyone on one walkway?
---
#8Mr_PipboyPosted 1/14/2013 9:42:57 PM
zhoban posted...

I thought it might be better to have one Demolisher and Destroyer on one walkway and the other two on the other walkway. Or do you think it would be better to have everyone on one walkway?

I meant side as in front (Near extraction) or back (near the box). Easiest way to do Rio.
---
#9zhoban(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 9:47:21 PM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
zhoban posted...

I meant side as in front (Near extraction) or back (near the box). Easiest way to do Rio.

I meant camping the walkways over by the extraction, literally standing next to the ammo box. Or are you referring to somewhere else? And I knew the box was pretty easy but everyone wants to do the box trick and I don't anymore. 1, it's extremely boring. 2, people are too stupid to understand 200% recharge with the Volus. 3, people are too stupid to understand you shouldn't have only 30 N7 Rating before playing it.

I literally once got someone with about 57 N7 Rating who was using a Level 2 Adept. Needless to say, we failed.
---
#10Mr_PipboyPosted 1/14/2013 9:59:04 PM
zhoban posted...
Mr_Pipboy posted...
zhoban posted...

I meant camping the walkways over by the extraction, literally standing next to the ammo box. Or are you referring to somewhere else? And I knew the box was pretty easy but everyone wants to do the box trick and I don't anymore. 1, it's extremely boring. 2, people are too stupid to understand 200% recharge with the Volus. 3, people are too stupid to understand you shouldn't have only 30 N7 Rating before playing it.

I literally once got someone with about 57 N7 Rating who was using a Level 2 Adept. Needless to say, we failed.

That's one way, but I meant you can have a sniper near the box and another one on the opposite side near the little maze thing, then the two destroyers on the catwalks to draw fire while the snipers pick targets off.

Forget all of you in the box. Thats was too boring
---