That Volus Engineer, man, my god...

#1CoconutMayPosted 1/16/2013 7:46:24 AM
Was playing a gold match yesterday against Reapers as the Batarian Adept. I use the Warp -> Cluster Grenade -> Claymore build, and score the highest against them as opposed to other factions. Usually it ends up with me having like twice as many points as the second highest because of the Biotic Explosions I pull off (I can one-shot Brutes with the above combo if I get lucky and a few pellets score a head shot).

But this Volus Engineer man, my god. I had heard the Engineer was considered the best Volus, but this guy had me fighting for my position. We kept switching positions each round, one of us only outscoring the other by maybe 1,000 or 2,000 points. Eventually though, he ended up beating me at the end. The reasons I'm guessing are because I had a round where a Banshee snuck up on me shortly into the wave and took me out for a whole wave, and because I was fighting for grenade spawns on Giant with a Havoc/Ghost and a Destroyer. I'm not trying to make excuses, I have no qualms whatsoever about admitting this guy clearly out-scored me because he deserved it.

The few times we worked together in an area, we wiped it all out in seconds, didn't matter if there were five Brutes, two Banshees, and 3 Ravagers. I'm not entirely sure what he was doing to score so High, but I know that he had a Talon X and it looked like he was going for Fire Explosions as much as possible.

So now I'm imagining a cheesy buddy-cop movie with my Batarian and this Volus, sunglasses and all.

*Cckkhhh* Thanks for the save back there!

I'LL ALWAYS HAVE YOUR BACK, BUDDY
---
Have you seen my sisters? Last I saw them they were standing in a row. They are quite lovely.
#2NafzgerPosted 1/16/2013 7:57:24 AM
I don't really like the engineer that much.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#3perfect_generalPosted 1/16/2013 8:10:21 AM
Yup,the volus engineer is by far the best volus class.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#4sheepman23Posted 1/16/2013 8:38:19 AM
I've said it since his release and I'll say it again, but the Volus Engineer is one of the best characters in the game. Fantastic debuff, stagger, squad support, and with weapon damage invested in the passive, he can carry a pistol and put forth a good amount of damage.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#5terrysmay04Posted 1/16/2013 8:57:19 AM
sheepman23 posted...
I've said it since his release and I'll say it again, but the Volus Engineer is one of the best characters in the game. Fantastic debuff, stagger, squad support, and with weapon damage invested in the passive, he can carry a pistol and put forth a good amount of damage.

any character with Recon mine is "one of the best characters in the game"
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#6Ultimate_NoobPosted 1/16/2013 11:28:19 AM
Batarian sunglasses look damn weird.
---
You'll hear "Oh no, uber" or "Oh no, crits" but you'll never hear, "Oh no.. a quickie."-TF2 player on Quick-Fix