If you see a lvl 9000 join ur bronze room

#11Mr_PipboyPosted 1/16/2013 9:18:57 PM
Talon5967 posted...
Ryan-06 posted...
Whats the challenge again? 200 waves of using what? characters or weapons.

I think it's maps. There are challenges for each map for playing 200 waves on that map. Total grind fest, which is why people would do it on bronze: it goes much faster.

Prime evidence of the efficiency of doing this is my current bronze record, which is 12:38. Which with that time means 60 waves in a little over an hour. And I'm not even that good. I still struggle with gold, and can pretty much only solo a gold wave when using the ghost.

Pointless to grind bronze for the map mastery when you can play gold or silver and have them count for bronze as well.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#12TemplariShadowPosted 1/16/2013 9:35:39 PM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
Talon5967 posted...
Ryan-06 posted...

I think it's maps. There are challenges for each map for playing 200 waves on that map. Total grind fest, which is why people would do it on bronze: it goes much faster.

Prime evidence of the efficiency of doing this is my current bronze record, which is 12:38. Which with that time means 60 waves in a little over an hour. And I'm not even that good. I still struggle with gold, and can pretty much only solo a gold wave when using the ghost.

Pointless to grind bronze for the map mastery when you can play gold or silver and have them count for bronze as well.

What if you're grinding weapons you hate? I'm not quite good enough for soloing Silver while Bronze is pretty much a breeze. It's mostly the character waves/weapon challenges to be done in tandem. I took a loooong ME3MP break (stopped a little before the Earth DLC came out and just recently restarted) and thems character waves and weapons challenges are boring as all hell. The Bronze/Silver map challenges go away with enough speeding through UUG runs I would imagine. But to have slog through characters and weapons I don't like at all. Blegh.
#13CharmilePosted 1/16/2013 10:05:26 PM
Map-->Highest difficulty you can handle

Weapon-->Gold/Silver, depending on how you feel that day

Characters-->Bronze to to high wave requirements and faster times. 1 Bronze Wave=1 Platinum Wave
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?
#14Mr_PipboyPosted 1/16/2013 10:06:44 PM
TemplariShadow posted...
Mr_Pipboy posted...
Talon5967 posted...
Ryan-06 posted...

What if you're grinding weapons you hate? I'm not quite good enough for soloing Silver while Bronze is pretty much a breeze. It's mostly the character waves/weapon challenges to be done in tandem. I took a loooong ME3MP break (stopped a little before the Earth DLC came out and just recently restarted) and thems character waves and weapons challenges are boring as all hell. The Bronze/Silver map challenges go away with enough speeding through UUG runs I would imagine. But to have slog through characters and weapons I don't like at all. Blegh.

Got nothing to do with grinding for Map Mastery.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#15Jashin_SamaPosted 1/17/2013 11:24:11 AM
I like how people complain about grinding being tedious.

What the **** do you expect it to be?
---
Who the hell is Zilong17? Probably Black Chaos Soldier's alt. - MegaSTV
#16NafzgerPosted 1/17/2013 11:26:57 AM
That's why I'm not grinding. If I get really close to finishing something, I might devote a game or two to that character or weapon, but I'm not trying to get anything. I'd rather play the game the way I like instead of trying to get some useless banner.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#17SRR CapdownPosted 1/17/2013 11:59:32 AM
I'm not that bothered by the bronze grinding for characters and weapons. I just have the sound off and watch TV on my laptop whilst I do it.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#18Xero_MachariusPosted 1/18/2013 1:35:02 AM
easy way to grind waves for characters...

start a bronze lobby, wait till it fills up, set it to private... afk the entire match. WIN.
---
GT - Xero M XTC
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Xero%20M%20XTC&platform=xbox
#19BushidoEffect3Posted 1/18/2013 1:40:27 AM
Xero_Macharius posted...

start a bronze lobby, wait till it fills up, set it to private... afk the entire match. WIN.

The AFK timer is disabled on private lobbies? Never tried that before.

LOL. Thanks for the "tip"! I'll try it tomorrow.
---
http://i49.tinypic.com/69gf9z.jpg
Precious_Roy: "tl;dr but I'd imagine they'd be stellar if given a surrender button." -on French ME3 MP players.
#20Xero_MachariusPosted 1/18/2013 1:51:22 AM
BushidoEffect3 posted...
Xero_Macharius posted...

The AFK timer is disabled on private lobbies? Never tried that before.

LOL. Thanks for the "tip"! I'll try it tomorrow.

Correct, threre is no afk timer in private games, unless they've changed it recently (I grinded all my waves about a month ago)

Most likely everyone will leave your lobby after the game ends. Just start up a new lobby and repeat :). By far the best way to play bronze... far too boring otherwise.
---
GT - Xero M XTC
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Xero%20M%20XTC&platform=xbox