so tired of new players on gold

#11GTBraverjoker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 12:35:49 PM
bloodgod92 posted...
I like to play bronze... not because it is easier, but because I like motivating newbies, showing them what they can become.

When I started, all those weeks back, it was seeing the possibilities that got me hooked.

And don't be so quick to judge lowbies/newbies in gold either, because a few days after I started, with no decent gear, I went into a gold game, joined halfway through a round were everyone was already dead, took down 2 banshees a brute and a bunch of marauders. On a level 15 paladin, and as I said, no decent gear. I have seen lowbies/newbies that play better then geared and experienced players, and spent a good part of today playing with this guy instead of doing something higher.

Judge the player, not his equipment.

True but having to revive new players every round at least 2 times tends to get frustrating.
#12Caravan_GirlPosted 1/17/2013 12:41:23 PM
I can play a round of Gold with low level/zero Gear and still finish in the top 2, and i've been playing a month or two. It's not impossible.
#13bloodgod92Posted 1/17/2013 12:50:41 PM
Caravan_Girl posted...
I can play a round of Gold with low level/zero Gear and still finish in the top 2, and i've been playing a month or two. It's not impossible.

This

GTBraverjoker posted...
True but having to revive new players every round at least 2 times tends to get frustrating.

That would get annoying...
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#14MetaIGearRexPosted 1/17/2013 12:51:17 PM
Lately I have noticed a lot of players in Gold, that have no buisness being there. I usually still ready up because i dont mind carrying people too much. But there has been a LOT of them lately and im tired of using my solo gold classes.

I generally back out if i see 3 no banners or low trophy counts. I don't even look at N7 anymore.
---
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life." - Mickey Mantle
#15Rogue MuttPosted 1/17/2013 1:02:52 PM
Some classes can do just fine on Gold with good weapons or equipment. I joined a lobby the other day hosted by an N7 30 something playing as a default Human Engineer with nothing but an Avenger IV, and they actually did pretty well. They didn't top the score board, and like pretty much everyone else does they went down a few times, but they helped with Tech Bursts/Fire Explosions, supported during objective waves, and revived when necessary.

Lower level players with weak gear can do well, they just need to play to their strengths.
---
We're here! We play Pokemon! Get used to it!
#16kaliskonigPosted 1/17/2013 1:03:44 PM
bloodgod92 posted...
I like to play bronze... not because it is easier, but because I like motivating newbies, showing them what they can become.

I think you have yourself on to high of a pedestal...lol?
#17Grayfoxr6Posted 1/17/2013 1:08:14 PM
MetaIGearRex posted...
Lately I have noticed a lot of players in Gold, that have no buisness being there. I usually still ready up because i dont mind carrying people too much. But there has been a LOT of them lately and im tired of using my solo gold classes.

I generally back out if i see 3 no banners or low trophy counts. I don't even look at N7 anymore.

this isnt always accurate either. spacer and myself were running gold last night and had two low lvl N7 AND low level challenge folks join, and they held their own really well. we didnt have any aborted missions, only had a few partial extractions usually due to facehumping abominations or PS nade spam or dragoon swarm.

i give folks the benefit of the doubt for one match... unless its collectors, then i give em a second chance
---
XBL and PSN: Feralchicken01
Do you feel enjoy?? Sorry for disturb
#18zhobanPosted 1/17/2013 1:11:27 PM
MetaIGearRex posted...

I've been noticing some bad players in Platinum as well who refuse to put equipment on, have low level weapons and have low N7 Ratings. Though I have also been noticing that with Gold as well.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=zhoban&platform=xbox
#19iamdanthamanPosted 1/17/2013 1:19:47 PM
I searched for and was placed into a silver lobby yesterday, there were two guys there already whose N7s were 25 and 32. Mine is 2200 or so, and then another guy joined who's N7 was in the 3000's. The host then changes the difficulty to platinum, the 3000 guy quits and I vote to kick the host, who then changes it to bronze, so i just leave. Why is it so difficult sometimes?
---
All your base are belong to us
#20bloodgod92Posted 1/17/2013 1:31:51 PM
kaliskonig posted...
bloodgod92 posted...

I think you have yourself on to high of a pedestal...lol?

I only really play characters I am good at, or characters that require no effort... for instance demolisher, I set it up as a sniper, can camp and be top of the board... or destroyer, on bronze you just point him at enemies and they blow up, no trigger work needed. Sometimes I mix it up and go as a Geth engineer, fire my turret into crowds and watch them all burn while I laugh from afar...

But seriously, it gives the lowbies a chance to see the better characters in action, so they can see how to play them for when they are unlocked... I cannot begin to tell you how many people have commented on my Havocs jetpacks saying how much they want one :)
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP