every single lobby has had tgi with harrier today

#101Jedi_MercenaryPosted 1/21/2013 11:30:36 AM
If people only use OP weapons they are more likely to get attention from the developers when making patches. I have been pleased to see that Bioware boosts guns that aren't used enough. In Black OPs for example the Famas got nerfed, but the crap guns remained crap.

I also just generally find it incredibly sad when a game has like 50 weapons and they only use one. As some people have said, the problem with the Harrier is that it is so incredibly easy to use while being so powerful. Weird, hard to use guns like the PPR, Striker and the Kishok Harpoon Gun should have the best potential damage. Guns like the Harrier and Krysae can very well have a good damage output, but not extreme ones like they have/had.

I also wonder if the "they'll move to the new best gun" argument is true. The PPR is just crap in my opinion. The Typhoon kills infantry way too slow for me as well. Still these guns are considered OP. The difference between these guns and the Harrier is that they have their good times but they are not super at everything (except ammo capacity) like the Harrier. What would be the next gun everyone would move to that everyone is talking about? The weight and ramp-up of the Typhoon and PPR stop them from being the best for all classes. The Reegar and the Piranha have very limited range. Widow/Black Widow are hard to use off-host. There was one gun I forgot about when I started writing about this though. The Hurricane has only minor problems and is light enough for any class.

And in the future what people use in a co-op game might very well be my problem. There have been lots of cool weapons and vehicles in the Halo games, but if they never became popular they took them out. I fear a ME4 will have something like ten guns like in ME2 if people continue spamming the Harrier.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#102herduliekmudkip(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 11:33:09 AM
the black ops famas nerf wasnt even enough really

oooh you increased hipfire spread but if you dont like that you can use steady aim ooh you increased the aim down sight time but if you dont like that you can use sleight of hand ooh you increased the recoil but it still kills faster than the recoil move the gun off target!
---
http://i.imgur.com/fsSme.png
Meet herduliekmudkip hater of all things powerful and easy to use. ~ donkeyofdestiny
#103herduliekmudkip(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 11:36:48 AM
the bf3 famas nerf was good though. reduced ammo capacity and super high recoil because of the crazy fire rate

but people just went back to the m16a3.

for the next 9 months.

the famas was nerfed 9 months ago.
---
Meet herduliekmudkip hater of all things powerful and easy to use. ~ donkeyofdestiny
#104XavierHollywoodPosted 1/21/2013 2:01:50 PM
would be a shame for them to nerf the harrier before I even find one >.<
#105RophlecktuinePosted 1/21/2013 2:07:30 PM(edited)
hey mudkip....

every %*&$ing pug game Ive played the last three days had about an 80% chance of having both the TGI and harrier in it, and 100% chance that either one would be in it.

I am also ready for a harrier nerf. Sadly this would just mean seeing a lot of TGI's with different weapons, so the problem would persist.
---
My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegameconomist
#106herduliekmudkip(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 2:19:10 PM
Rophlecktuine posted...
different weapons

i fail to see the problem. dropped into an in progress match two days ago with a tgi in it and prepared to leave

then i saw [Phaeston] pop up on screen. he was actually a decent team player instead of a GOTTA GET THE POINTS player
---
#107overkill_78Posted 1/21/2013 6:03:24 PM
i fail to see the problem. dropped into an in progress match two days ago with a tgi in it and prepared to leave

then i saw [Phaeston] pop up on screen. he was actually a decent team player instead of a GOTTA GET THE POINTS player

This. It's not the character's fault, it's the gun. You don't need a TGI for the Harrier to be good, but he does make it insane. TGI allows the lesser assault rifles to have a competitive edge in the higher difficulties, which is a great thing.

I personally don't care if they nerf it as I don't play with pubs enough to see this huge influx, but it being indisputably the best gun in the game I'm not surprised a nerf is coming. The question is will it be a big nerf (i.e. Krysae) or a mostly inconsequential nerf (i.e. Piranha).
---
Change your name, change your eyes, become the one who I despise.
Gamertag: Nevik overkill
#108NilesMonkeyPosted 1/21/2013 7:49:44 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
What idiot cares what other players are using?

---
Gamertag: Niles2828
me3galaxyatwar.wordpress.com
#109herduliekmudkip(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 12:49:36 PM
what idiot doesnt care about the state of the game theyre playing if they really truly enjoy it
---
#110Spider5800Posted 1/22/2013 12:59:09 PM
Please stop bumping your own topic. You just seem desperate for attention now. Just wait for your ban end on BSN so you can go back to whining there about it.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!