I finally survive a gold match

#1CripKenzoPosted 1/21/2013 7:11:57 PM
Man I feel proud of myself for surviving a gold match. It was me ( Quarian male engineer), Geth trooper soldier, Demolisher, and Phoenix Vanguard doing some work. When we got to wave 10 I was like oh snap and we race to deactivate device objective. It was on Firebase reactor non-hazard map. I feel good to for surviving a gold run.
---
GT: Mastah Kenzo
#2charon78auPosted 1/21/2013 7:12:28 PM
Congrats.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#3sheepman23Posted 1/21/2013 7:40:47 PM
Congratulations, I remember how I felt after surviving my first Gold match too.

If you want to get more successful at Gold, start out with a character that you're very comfortable with. Don't focus on bosses so much at first, as the trash mobs are what will really trip you up if you're not careful. Learn where spawn points are and which enemies to expect on each wave.

Once you get better at Gold, it quickly becomes a lot more fun than Silver - especially since the rewards are a lot higher. One match can usually net you around 80,000 credits, depending on whether or not you extracted, or how fast you complete the objectives.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#4bman52480Posted 1/21/2013 7:44:21 PM
Agree with both above, gold certainly is more fun than silver once you are ready for it.

Personally I never promote my infiltrator class because I just enjoy the N7 shadow so much, and even though I can't do squat to bosses with her powers she handles all the trash very well in gold for the rest of the team to stomp that Atlas. Plus I get about 10 revives a match with cloak setup for duration.

Definitely pick the class you are best with/enjoy most.
---
"The Miss Universe Pageant is fixed, the winners are always from Earth."
#5Mr_PipboyPosted 1/21/2013 7:46:38 PM
Congrats. Well done.

Next thing you know you'll be interested in doing stupid things ... like taking level one characters (Or level 20 characters specced with only 2 points) and common weapons into a platinum match.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#6Lord of NightmaresPosted 1/21/2013 7:54:32 PM
Gratz, it's probably similar to the feeling I had last weekend when I played a Gold match vs. Collectors in Reactor and fulfilled the weekend objective *and* made full extraction.
#7CripKenzo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 8:03:39 PM
I will take that as consideration. Thanks for the advice.
---
GT: Mastah Kenzo
#8Ryan-06Posted 1/22/2013 1:57:14 AM
Bump to ignore the new urdnot troll.

Try platinum tc. I rarely try myself. I did extract on Rio before. Using the current camp strategy people have been doing.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
:3 http://i.imgur.com/sfR1P.gif